Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

My 2005 tC engine blown - what do i do im desperate

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 PM

sorry dude but u dnot read posts i suggest u lok back mtxblau and read that i drove on teh cel light because 2 shops were unable to cancel the light and said everything was ok..i did my oil changes...and i trusted the 2 shops. my bad for trusting
Old 09-28-2007, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow...you should really stop changing your story
Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 PM

don pickup truck hick guy i said look back in my posts and u will see i said that..im not hiding anything or changing a story just people like u dont know how to read or like to misenterprep critical information
Old 09-28-2007, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DestroyedTC
sorry dude but u dnot read posts i suggest u lok back mtxblau and read that i drove on teh cel light because 2 shops were unable to cancel the light and said everything was ok..i did my oil changes...and i trusted the 2 shops. my bad for trusting
I don't know why you didn't bring it to an auto store or the dealership to have them TELL YOU what the problem is and then they can give you an ESTIMATE, rather than ignoring the problem.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:03 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

so if mom and pop shop couldn't turn off the CEL, why not go to the dealer?? yeah the dealer overprices their crap, but i bet they could have told you what was wrong AND turned off the light.

Face it my man, you missed the common sense boat. This has nothing to do with Honda or Toyota. I see so many old honda running around. shoot my Dad had an 81 until 95 or something like that still going strong. You didn't take care of your car period. I think it's be crazy to get the "project car", you're still in debt. Why not pay down your credit bill?? Or even since you run your car so hard put it in the bank in case you decide to something esle crazy.

As far as the wrecking it on purpose, that's just plain stupid. Forget the fact that it's against the law, what about karma, it may not come back in a form that you expected but it will hit you, HARD. Then you'll really want take your own life. And if you get caught, you won't have a gf, but you may have a bf----in jail.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

you messed up. dont try to push it onto toyota or your insurance company (i doubt either can really do anything anyway). face it like a man. got get a loan and buy a used engine.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

don pickup truck hick guy i said look back in my posts and u will see i said that..im not hiding anything or changing a story just people like u dont know how to read or like to misenterprep critical information
pick up truck hick guy?

have you even looked at my profile?

1) my truck was and still is lowered
2) i'm asian...very far from being a hick

get your story straight then try to talk trash...maybe take some driving lessons....

someone should back up these pages and send them to every insurance company out there...
Old 10-01-2007, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha, that was funny.

I hit redline like twice a month, i'm an auto. I usually let it shift at 4K. Anyways, i take and maintain the car exactly how it is layed out in the book.

I am going turbo-ed soon and i like to race the car too, just not letting it shift at 6K all the time...

If my engine were to ever go... i don't care...
why?
Because i have done research WELL before i even started racing the engine(high shifting). If the engine needs repair, upgrades or maybe i might blow my engine.... good for me, i'll just have it towed to the company that is willing to fix my car up and get it back on it's feet....tires again.

But, for someone in your shoes, in your situation, i can't see why you havent done what anyone has suggested unless you have already.

If you have great credit, then there is no reason to not take another loan out.
If you do not have good credit, then stop driving and start taking a bus or somethin.

I stopped driving one time for 2 yrs because i totaled a car i had 7yrs ago. Not drivin for 2 yrs was actually awesome. You don't realize how much money you can build up in 2 yrs without paying car payment and insurance.

If you are willing to have the engine rebuilt and running like new again, i'd suggest hold off for about 6 months!

Build that money up, because if you wanna fix it up performance-wise, it is NOT wise to be paying on a car payment, insurance, car loan to fix engine and another loan for a turbo or somethin to that effect. What if the turbo caused damage, then that's another loan...
By this time your credit would probably be like -97, the first ever.

So, save up first. You had your fun times. Now it's time to take a break and get that money built up like nobody else can because you do not have to pay insurance like everyone else does in this time period. Take it as an advantage.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 PM

donwin u onw a pick up therefor ur a hick...i laugh at u people..i thought asians were supposed to be nice but u put up a front of being a complete idiot with utter disrespect arrogance...people like u need to get out of the import scene and go back to ur truck..(btw y do people get trucks when 90% dont even use them for their intended use) and ty shizzzon for the constructive feedback i already repaired and am back driving again
Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...and am back driving again
'Driving' being a loosely used term here, eh?

Sorry, couldn't help it.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you should probably learn to spell and use SOME sort of grammar. Actually, quit driving and go back to school.

donwin u onw a pick up therefor ur a hick...
owning a truck makes you a hick? That is the most ignorant thing I've heard in a long time.

people like u need to get out of the import scene and go back to ur truck..
truck scene, import scene, muscle car scene...whatever, you'd get the same treatment from any group of car people for being a complete moron and blowing not 1, but 2 motors; being a dummy and ignoring your dummy light; and for even thinking about insurance fraud.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow this sux. Looks like you need to get a replacement motor.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy ____, 3 posts up he said he has a new motor and is back. Can anyone read the entire topic, or at the very least the entire last page of a topic before replying? This topics getting old.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

donwin u onw a pick up therefor ur a hick...i laugh at u people..i thought asians were supposed to be nice but u put up a front of being a complete idiot with utter disrespect arrogance...people like u need to get out of the import scene and go back to ur truck..(btw y do people get trucks when 90% dont even use them for their intended use) and ty shizzzon for the constructive feedback i already repaired and am back driving again
No need to guy all defensive buddy.....seriously I've read the entire thread and you my friend should learn how to spell properly cause seeing that your 28 and misspelling a lot sucks *****. Plus you should check your grammar cause it's horrible.

Anyways just in case you blow up your motor again for driving like the way you did before here's a link to a seller that has several 2az-fe motors in stock

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camry...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-02-2007, 02:18 PM

If u all wouldnt mind reading back the past few pages and every responce that this donwon guy has posted has been flaming..show some sympathy to my errored ways..btw the 2 engines blowing up there was a gap of about 4 years there
Old 10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm done with this thread, I hope you don't ignore any more cries for help from your car again
Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
SSQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DestroyedTC, the important thing here is to learn what you can from this event. The most important of those being: 1. Trust only 2 types of people for your cars, dealers and yourself, good dealers that is. 2, seriously, learn how to take care of a car first. These cars are meant to go for a long time, and the fact that you are blowing engines shows something is wrong.

I have been driving for 6 years in this country, and 3 more before that in Asian countries where the climate is much more unfriendly to cars, and never had engines go. It's not like I take VERY good care of my cars, but just remember to at least stick to the recommended periodic services using only myself or the dealers.

The third lesson, don't be too stupid in the future, like this. Even if they are able to clear the light, it doesn't solve the issue. The right thing to do would have been to figure out what caused the light to come on and fix it at the root. And when you do something stupid, learn from it instead of planning something even more insane like committing an insurance fruad.

By the way, I'm not trying to offend anybody, but just trying to put things into perspective from my viewpoint.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:49 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

If u all wouldnt mind reading back the past few pages and every responce that this donwon guy has posted has been flaming..show some sympathy to my errored ways..btw the 2 engines blowing up there was a gap of about 4 years there
you don't think you kind of had the flaming coming, i mean about the post that you put up. then you go and make dumb comments/asumptions about someone. i'm from diego and have yet to see an asian hick. you on the other hand are from oklahoma, you probably have more "hicks" in your city/town than all of SoCal. on top of that why would we have sympathy for you? people like you make our insurance rates go up.

on a side note, i'm guessing you're really cute as you obviously lack in the brain dept. and that's not to say smart guys can't be cute or all unattractive guys are smart; but you have to have at least one plus on your side as massive amounts of credit card bills, lack of common sense and thinking people should have sympathy for you after doing something ignorant. oh and let's not forget being 28 and thinking about insurance fraud for something of such a small magnitude.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man - i feel your situation, i was in the same boat when i blew my head gaskets, 2g for the repair on my truck. I ended up being able to sell stuff to come up with the money but i couldnt imagine having a loan on a car with a blown motor. I know how you were probobly ____ed off your car was running wierd so wanted to push it, ive done it myself (why i needed head gaskets) CEL was on when i did it too... stupid me. I feel bad I see everyone here ripping on you for what you did but I see where your comming from. Tough situationm you need a way out and your not realy thinking straight because of the stress. Believe me totaling my car definatly crossed my mind but after you think about the consequences you know its NOT a good idea. Your best bet is to either sell your car as it is, or save up for your new / junk yard motor. If you can, get that loan for it.

I've found that being a hard worker, being on time, showing that you care, you can get a job doing just about anytihng. You can work weekend / nights making great money by the job. I now acutaly make more on friday and sat night than i do all week! I'd say try to find a second job, with that youll be making enough to pay off your motor in weeks.

Another reccomendation, http://www.treasuretrooper.com/246794
I make about 50$ a month using this site, i spend about 5-10 mins, once a week you fill out short surveys (usually one field) and once a month they send you a check.

Everyone else - stop ripping on the poor guy just steer him in the right direction...
Old 10-04-2007, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

being that he's 28...he should know better...

Quick Reply: My 2005 tC engine blown - what do i do im desperate