Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

My 2005 tC engine blown - what do i do im desperate

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by enjoithis
Hey man - i feel your situation, i was in the same boat when i blew my head gaskets, 2g for the repair on my truck. I ended up being able to sell stuff to come up with the money but i couldnt imagine having a loan on a car with a blown motor. I know how you were probobly ____ed off your car was running wierd so wanted to push it, ive done it myself (why i needed head gaskets) CEL was on when i did it too... stupid me. I feel bad I see everyone here ripping on you for what you did but I see where your comming from. Tough situationm you need a way out and your not realy thinking straight because of the stress. Believe me totaling my car definatly crossed my mind but after you think about the consequences you know its NOT a good idea. Your best bet is to either sell your car as it is, or save up for your new / junk yard motor. If you can, get that loan for it.

I've found that being a hard worker, being on time, showing that you care, you can get a job doing just about anytihng. You can work weekend / nights making great money by the job. I now acutaly make more on friday and sat night than i do all week! I'd say try to find a second job, with that youll be making enough to pay off your motor in weeks.

Another reccomendation, http://www.treasuretrooper.com/246794
I make about 50$ a month using this site, i spend about 5-10 mins, once a week you fill out short surveys (usually one field) and once a month they send you a check.

Everyone else - stop ripping on the poor guy just steer him in the right direction...
So, if I were fixing my roof, and started playing around with the nail gun (something we all should know not to do) and accidently put a nail into my foot, and fall off the roof, you'd expect NO ONE to rib on me?

Man, even I would expect a little ribbing. When you do things that you know you shouldn't, and something bad happens, you need to expect some ribbing. It's really as as simple as that.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:00 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

the bigger picture for me was the fact that he wants sympathy for it. instead of facing that he did something totally idiotic then gets mad when people call what he did stupid. oh then comes with the OTHER idiotic desicion of thinking about insurance fraud. oh and don't forget people with pick-ups are "hicks", yes even when they're asian in san diego.