Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

My MMW Damper is weird

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default My MMW Damper is weird

well i had helped adjusting it at a local shopped and showed them the instruction and it worked out good. but almost weeks from then it started making weird sounds. it sounds bad when idle and getting out of gears. but now it sounds even more bad. everytime i drive up to or pass 3rpm a little i get this annoying rattling sound anyone know why?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Its because mmw sucks. The product is junk, I had the same problem and I live down the street from their shop. When I brought it in he said it needed to be rebuilt and adjusted, well considering it was only on my car from the garage to his shop I couldn't imagine how a "quality" product would already be faulty and with no warranty...
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

they service with warranty is really bad they offer this so call limited lifetime warranty. so what ever happens to the products its still up to them if the really want to do anything about it or not. LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY that is ridiculous.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Man everytime i put it back on now it makes that stupid annoying rattling sound i hate it. i should have went with ingals.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

If you need technical help please dont hesitate to call. We are here and welcome to answer you technical problems. Also if you do a search there are some guys with the Ingalls Damper brackets bending upwards from the force of the motor. We went through the same and have fixed all problems with the damper.

Chris W.
650-877-8280 ext 4#
Old 03-14-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cee_dub2003
If you need technical help please dont hesitate to call. We are here and welcome to answer you technical problems. Also if you do a search there are some guys with the Ingalls Damper brackets bending upwards from the force of the motor. We went through the same and have fixed all problems with the damper.

Chris W.
650-877-8280 ext 4#
I will be calling you this week, we have spoken before(Guillermo), I'm having the same problem, the brackets seem to be ok, I think the shock might have crapped out, whats your policy for replacing the shock? thank you.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by gwtc

Chris W.
650-877-8280 ext 4#
I will be calling you this week, we have spoken before(Guillermo), I'm having the same problem, the brackets seem to be ok, I think the shock might have crapped out, whats your policy for replacing the shock? thank you.
Call me i think it is the adjustment. Did you send me the old bracket back with the damper still attached? I rememeber! i rebuilt the damper shock for you! Just call me ill take care of you!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gwtc

Chris W.
650-877-8280 ext 4#
Call me i think it is the adjustment. Did you send me the old bracket back with the damper still attached? I rememeber! i rebuilt the damper shock for you! Just call me ill take care of you!
Yes...thats me, so you did rebiult it, cool, so it must be the adjusting, I'll give you a call tomorrow, thanks.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So i should call you sometimes soon. Its James BTW and I've talked to you before but not about my engine damper. Do i need to rebuild my shocks too? Or do you think i need just to adjust it too?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by xjamiex
So i should call you sometimes soon. Its James BTW and I've talked to you before but not about my engine damper. Do i need to rebuild my shocks too? Or do you think i need just to adjust it too?
Just make sure it is adjusted properly.