Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

My new Exhaust by Precision Muffler Duals!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

if its reasonably priced, count me in too! these duals are awesome. and i dont care about he performance on these, i dont need the fastest car.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lookin pretty dumb and pointless there buddy
Old 08-07-2005, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by davedavetC
if its reasonably priced, count me in too! these duals are awesome. and i dont care about he performance on these, i dont need the fastest car.
I am still working out the details here at the shop, I am trying to get a price that is resonable. :D

Chucksu- I didn't know you wanted to do something like this. You should have PMed me a long time ago,I could have worked something out for you. :D All you have to do is PM me, I am here to listen and help out.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Stylis
Chucksu- I didn't know you wanted to do something like this. You should have PMed me a long time ago,I could have worked something out for you. :D All you have to do is PM me, I am here to listen and help out.
Yup just like i did"
Old 08-08-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
Originally Posted by davedavetC
I am still working out the details here at the shop, I am trying to get a price that is resonable. :D

sounds sweet, just hit us up when you have a price and i bet you'll get replies, (at the right price i could be one )
Old 08-08-2005, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i usually dont like duals but for some reason this does not look ricey and it looks really really really clean. congrats on a good setup and good luck with producing more for the scion community
Old 08-08-2005, 11:00 PM

Ok folks, I crunched the numbers and did a LOT of research and the price for the Dual exhaust set-up is going to be $595.00 Plus shipping. Let everyone who wants one know. :D Hope this is a fair price to all of you and hope to get some emails from you all.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just so I'm fully aware of what this is, what needs to be done for an install, does anything (other than the bumper) need to be cut, welded, glued or scotch taped under the car to hang this thing.

Also, are we talking about the identical setup that is photo'ed above ie. the welding etc, anything that would be different.

Final question, any chance of a dyno reading.

Even if it's the same as stock, that would clear a lot of worry I would have about getting a kit that would make my car slower.

Ohh final final and this is a straight to the point, but can anyone see any issues with this kit, anything technically negative about it, or is this sound technology. Nothing against you stylis, just doing my due diligence, as I have no clue when it comes to exhaust systems.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im down.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I’m going back to the shop tomorrow to test fit a cat back for this dual set up. Ill take more detailed pictures of the exhaust it self and a bit of the cat when it’s done.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some more sound clips would be cool too. How did you go about measuring and cutting the bummper? It looks great, I hope to buy it soon.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That looks really really nice. I love the way dual exhausts look on a car.

Probably not going to be the greatest from a performance standpoint as you said, but it looks really good
Old 08-09-2005, 04:10 PM

Just so I'm fully aware of what this is, what needs to be done for an install, does anything (other than the bumper) need to be cut, welded, glued or scotch taped under the car to hang this thing.
Just cut the bumper and the exhaust will bolt right on.

Also, are we talking about the identical setup that is photo'ed above ie. the welding etc, anything that would be different.
There would be nothing different, what you see is what you get.

Final question, any chance of a dyno reading.
I am not going to lie to you, I am not going to spend the money. This is obviously not a performance piece so I am not going to spend the time and effort. If anyone else wants to take the time to see whats available thats fine. If anything you will not feel any difference in performance. The mufflers and pipes are the right amount to give off maybe 1HP because it is free flowing, but there is two mufflers instead of one.
Even if it's the same as stock, that would clear a lot of worry I would have about getting a kit that would make my car slower.

Ohh final final and this is a straight to the point, but can anyone see any issues with this kit, anything technically negative about it, or is this sound technology. Nothing against you stylis, just doing my due diligence, as I have no clue when it comes to exhaust systems.
I have done systems like this before and have never had any negative results. Its all about the flow of the exhaust and the sound.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"I am not going to lie to you, I am not going to spend the money."

Whilst I appreciate you honesty (and I do) $600 is too steep for me for an exhaust that I would have no idea what consequences would come from it.

It still looks awesome and I wish you all the best with it, but $600+ is just a little more than I could gamble with.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice setup.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoa dayummmm.. dual exhaust... ahhhh gabe someone got dual
Old 08-13-2005, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks nice. cant wait for it to come out
Old 08-13-2005, 12:39 PM
t_C
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stylis,

Has there been any consideration made to a single muffler with dual outlets for this type of exhaust setup? Provided the muffler is not too wide (because pipe side entry into muffler is required) it could work.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by t_C
Stylis,

Has there been any consideration made to a single muffler with dual outlets for this type of exhaust setup? Provided the muffler is not too wide (because pipe side entry into muffler is required) it could work.
I actually did think about doing that, and there is no room for it. If someone came up with it i would love to see it. But the tC muffler area just can't handle the bends to the single in dual out mufffler.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds really nice in the clip, but at the same time it sounds like it's in a garage which would make it sound deeper and richer. Can you guys post another soundclip outside? I really love the looks and sound in that video though!
~scott aka Mouse

Quick Reply: My new Exhaust by Precision Muffler Duals!!!