Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

need help guys dont know what to do

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

well if you went forced induction, you wouldn't able to use your i/h/e setup anyway.....with the s/c, you could use the header if it has enough clearence, and the intake would have to be modded to fit......now with the a turbo, you can't use the intake, or the header....i/h/e gains are like 10-15 whp as a combo, but not significantly noticeable..... you would feel more with a lightweight flywheel, and a tq dampener imo
Old 10-17-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

i woldnt even worry about it, if everyone drove the same thing then it would be a boring world. i know im not the fastest, but i hold my own, a few bolt on and you'll be right there in the 1/4 mile with everyone but the rsx, and you wont have near as much modded in yours as they do stock
Old 10-18-2007, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, so to sum up.

mods: Injen CAI, STOCK header, megan racing downpipe and midpipe, TRD axleback.

sound: LOUD. it lost something that i really liked, when it was just TRD axleback and CAI.
performance: it appears the RPMs are quicker in 1st and 2nd, and it pulls a little better in the 2k-3k range than it used to in 3rd gear and higher. thats my personal observation, but then again, it could all be in my head
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

i would have stuck with the stock mid pipe, and just changed out the s-pipe, from the dyno numbes i have seen, the stock mid is just as good and the resonatorisnt that bad, plus you still have a small cat helping out emissions, thats why its alot lounder now. dont put a header on it now or it will def be raspy
Old 10-18-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, i'm considering switching the mid back to stock. but figured i'll keep it like this for a bit, see if it grows on me.

and i have no plans for the header for that exact reason.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man just remember there is always someone out there faster, if you like your car and enjoy driving it who cares how fast it is 90% of those guys in their SI's and RSX's have never been to a track or a rally or autocross race and if they ever go no matter what they have done to their cars someone there will always be there who will make you look stupid. So build you car the way it makes you happy cause your the ones that drive it.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

^^^^great point, mine isnt the fastest, but i am outrunning si's on the track. and ill be honest, i hated the header at first, but it did grow on me, but theres a guy here with a full system and a header, and i still cant stand it, so mine is staying the way it is.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

considering the cars he listed that his friends have, two are FI and the RSX has a good 70 more crank HP. besides, my buddies tC w I/H/E beat a GTI, so its within reason for that car.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

it all leads up to the driver, in a straight line, i kill si's and they are sitting at 40 more hp then us, they get me from a roll, but from a stop to the finish, they cant touch me, its the tq our cars make that lets me jump them 2 car lengths out of the hole, before they even know whats going on
Old 10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by weeloTC
it all leads up to the driver, in a straight line, i kill si's and they are sitting at 40 more hp then us, they get me from a roll, but from a stop to the finish, they cant touch me, its the tq our cars make that lets me jump them 2 car lengths out of the hole, before they even know whats going on
Got to love our little 4 cylinders nasty little torque curve.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by djpaper
I have people laugh and things, say my car is "slow" or whatnot. Mostly coming from EVO, SRT4 owners.

My response: "At least I do not need two jobs to make my car payment"

That usually ends the comments right there...
Not all people need two jobs to make the car payment on the EVO and the like (though you pay for what you get, i.e. looks and power). I have an SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the payment is more than an STI and EVO plus my scion payment, plus I am able to buy parts for both cars. I have one job. Most people who actually have those cars have one job and can afford them on one because if not, then they would not be able to get the loan for them. Or they get their parents to buy them for them, which is just not right (off topic there with the parent comment sorry haha).

Aside from that, if you are happy with how your car looks, but still want more power then start saving some money if possible or if you can get a personal loan for the parts I would recommend that if you are not patient. But if not, its all good don't sweat the mods for now. Do it when you can. One thing at a time. See I am doing the performance first then body, just my preference.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no matter how fast you make your tc there is always someone faster, mod your car to make yourself happy not to be liked by others.