Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

new clutch and new sqeek????

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default new clutch and new sqeek????

i just picked my car up had the clutchmaster stage 3 clutch installed and fadanza lightweight flywheel iv drove it about 20miles and all a sudden i get a squeeling from wat sounds like the left tire area everytime i turn the wheel to the right but it only happens when im goin.....does ANYONE kno anything this could possibly be???....and my radio isnt as loud for some reason i thought it was just me but i let my bro listen and he said the same thing?????.......thinkin about this is really givin me a headache!!!.........could anyone pleaze help!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check your fender liners, axles tie rods ect. sounds like someone left something loose or didn't install it properly.

if you can't find out what it is take it back to the shop, it's their responsibilty to fix it.

as far as your radio, they probably disconected the battery so play around with your equilizer, maybe that will get it back to normal.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how many miles on your brakes? the fact that it only happens when the car is moving is a clue that it may be the brakes. other wise, it would make the noise all the time.

and i agree with ^^^^^ about disconnecting the batt probably reset your HU settings.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

could be the brakes but he said it's only when turning right. if it were the brakes it would make the noise anytime the brake pedal is pushed no matter what direction the car is traveling.

and if it sqeeks when the clutch is being pressed or released it could be because the bearings and release fork weren't greased when it it was installed.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agree with both above on the radio, you probably had it on "Feel" and the battery disconnect set it back to the default "Neutral", which would explain the difference in loudness.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by nodsetse
Agree with both above on the radio, you probably had it on "Feel" and the battery disconnect set it back to the default "Neutral", which would explain the difference in loudness.
WDF?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok ill check the that on the radio i diddnt think of lookin at that....iv had that brakes on for a while but i dont think thats it but ill keep checkin and listenin i tried just pressin the clutch in and out and it was fine i diddnt hear anything....but i did get the sound when i was sitting still and i would shake the steering wheel back and forth it would make the sound but not as loud....when i took it up the road the sound turned more into a grindin sound almost....but still only when the wheel was turned to the right???
Old 02-25-2007, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like a steering problem. in my opinion you should take it back to the shop it had it worked on before something breaks.