Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

New Product Announcement: The WOT Box - Discounted Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:50 AM
SL Member

Default New Product Announcement: The WOT Box - Discounted Group Buy

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce our company, N2MB Racing. We make electronics for performance cars. Our base is in the SRT-4 community and you can check us out over on SRTForums here: N2MB Racing - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

We have decided to branch out into new vehicle communities and bring our popular WOT Box product to the Scion tC and other Scion cars.

The WOT Box adds two major features to any car. They are No-lift shifting and 2-step launch control.

The No-Lift Shift feature makes no-lift shifting easy by cutting your engine's ignition for a very short period while you no-lift shift. No-lift shifting is keeping the gas down through the shifft. The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T.

The major benefits are:

-Lower ETs
-Reduced chance of missing a gear
-More consistent, effortless shifts
-Reduced wear on the transmission
-Reduced chance of major transmission damage

The 2-Step Launch Control modulates the ignition by dropping power to individual ignition coils to hold the RPM you want to launch at. The turbo will spool up while you do this. You can use this feature for a more consistent and more powerful launch in boost! If your car is naturally aspirated, it will still help you have more consistent launches.

You can read more about the WOT Box on our website at:
http://www.n2mb.com/wotbox

You can view Scion tC specific installation instructions here:
http://www.n2mb.com/sciontcinstallationinstructions

Thank you to NVMyTc for doing the test installation and the write-up.

As an introduction, we will be running a group buy for ScionLife Forum Members for the rest of October. You will receive a $10 discount and the privilege of being one of the first tC's with no-lift shifting and launch control. To check out at the group buy price, visit this website:
http://www.n2mb.com/wotboxgroupbuy

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.

Reviews:
Originally Posted by UNiT_xEr0
THAT THING IS INSANE!!! he took me for a spin and wow!! i'm for sure gonna pick that up. stays in boost when you shift. its amazing
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...745942#3745942

Originally Posted by NVMyTc
Originally Posted by unxpectederror
i cant wait

also would this be beneficial to the guys with s/c's because i know they build boost differently?
Its good for boost and even the All motor guys.

It will help you get your launch a little more consistant, but most of all it will cut down your time between shifting. You also stay in boost while shifting threw the gears

I use to think I could shift fast, but I cant even compare it to a WOT shift.

I have a good amount of people going to the track today with me, I should be able to get some good videos
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...741724#3741724

So I went to the track today as soon as it opened and I was only able to get 5 runs in. Since it was my first time at the track with the WOT box I was adjusting it every race.

The track conditions were pretty bad and it was 97*, not the best weather for racing

I had the 2-step set at 2400 RPMS, which worked amazing on the streets but was much too low for the track.

First run was 9.596, 2-step set at 2400 RPMS, bogged on the launch bad, turbo took forever to spool
Second run was 9.272 (my 2nd fastest ever), 2-step set at 2800 RPMS, Tires spun a little but was a pretty mice launch
Third run was 9.318, 2-step set at 2800 RPMS, car hooked well w/o any tire spin but caused the engine to bog a bit
Fourth run was 9.289, 2 step set at 3000 RPMS, Car hooked pretty damn good, spun a bit but was a good run
Fifth run 9.436, 2-step set at 3200 RPMS, had pretty bad wheel hop and was slow into third gear

Right when the weather started to cool down, a guy got in a real bad crash and the races were stopped for 45 minutes while it was cleaned up, so I just watched he rest of the night. WHen I ran my personal best (9.250) I did it in 70* weather. I came damn close to breaking my personal best in 97* weather. I also didnt miss one shift tongiht, when usually i mis a shift about 2-3 runs on a track night.

My average time usually is around 9.5, so it was surprising to see how consistant I was running tonight. 3 of the 5 runs my 60' foot were 2.1XX

let me jut say, I LOVE MY WOT BOX lol
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...742833#3742833

Wait till you hear the 2-step, my neighbor thought someone was shooting a gun and ran out of her house to see what was going on LOL
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...744745#3744745
Old 10-07-2008, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can vouch for this product as being very effective and definetily a must upgrade for those of you who are avid track runners, it helps ease the shifting when your trying to make good times on the 1/4 plus saving the damage done to your transmission i would highly recommend it for the price,

p.s. the car i drove was not a tc but an 11.5 srt-4 that had the WOT box on it, and to the guys at n2mb you know the girl whos car i'm talking about
Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hmmm interesting.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:06 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by IcetC
i can vouch for this product as being very effective and definetily a must upgrade for those of you who are avid track runners, it helps ease the shifting when your trying to make good times on the 1/4 plus saving the damage done to your transmission i would highly recommend it for the price,

p.s. the car i drove was not a tc but an 11.5 srt-4 that had the WOT box on it, and to the guys at n2mb you know the girl whos car i'm talking about
Thanks for the endorsement! We have offered this product for the SRT-4 for over a year now and the results have been amazing. Most people are shaving big time off their cars and it is well known to be effective in that community. We have sold close to 1000 of them, mostly for the SRT-4. Since this summer we've been branching out to other cars and we've seen great results from them as well.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Will this work just as good for NA cars or is it specifically for F/I. Thanks. It sounds different thats for sure, it actually sounds like it would do more damage to your car, but then again im no tech. Keep us updated.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:21 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by KillaSpiceTSW
Will this work just as good for NA cars or is it specifically for F/I. Thanks. It sounds different thats for sure, it actually sounds like it would do more damage to your car, but then again im no tech. Keep us updated.
It will help with N/A cars. You will be able to shift faster and launch more consistently. However, you won't see as large of gains without a turbo. The turbocharged cars benefit the most because they are able to hold boost through the shift, instead of having to build it up all over again in the next gear.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Scion Evolution

When you need a test xB 1st gen let me know! Would be interested in the No-lift shift.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Got ya thanks man.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has this been tested on any TC already ?
how dificult or is it plug and play ?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:02 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattross
When you need a test xB 1st gen let me know! Would be interested in the No-lift shift.
Email us at info@n2mb.com and we'll set you up with our test car program.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:03 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCFROEZEL
has this been tested on any TC already ?
how dificult or is it plug and play ?
Yes, it has been tested on NVMyTc's tC. Here are the installation instructions with detailed pictures from his car:
http://www.n2mb.com/sciontcinstallationinstructions
Old 10-07-2008, 12:14 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by UNiT_xEr0
THAT THING IS INSANE!!! he took me for a spin and wow!! i'm for sure gonna pick that up. stays in boost when you shift. its amazing
Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

a stupid question but is there something like this for auto transmission tCs??

thanks
Old 10-07-2008, 01:14 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by jsingh

thanks
Not a stupid question. We've thought about it, but we can't figure out how you would use it. You don't need the no-lift shift, since you already can do that. The launch control might help, but it isn't clear how you would get into gear to launch like you would do in a manual when you drop the clutch. Maybe in a full manual valve body auto? But, I think the best option for the autos would be a high stall torque converter and build boost using a brake boost.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jon_n2mb
Originally Posted by mattross
Email us at info@n2mb.com and we'll set you up with our test car program.
Email sent.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

Originally Posted by jon_n2mb
Originally Posted by jsingh

thanks
Not a stupid question. We've thought about it, but we can't figure out how you would use it. You don't need the no-lift shift, since you already can do that. The launch control might help, but it isn't clear how you would get into gear to launch like you would do in a manual when you drop the clutch. Maybe in a full manual valve body auto? But, I think the best option for the autos would be a high stall torque converter and build boost using a brake boost.
thank you sir
Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

will this work for the xb2 i will be the tester this will be a life saver to get my big turbo spooling and sound mean as heck so any possability for the xb2?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
will this work for the xb2 i will be the tester this will be a life saver to get my big turbo spooling and sound mean as heck so any possability for the xb2?
Send Jon@N2MB an email/PM and see if you can become a tester

I honestly dont see why it wont work your your Box
Old 10-08-2008, 03:20 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
Email jon@n2mb.com and I'll look over your schematics. Let me know what year xB 2 you have so I can pull up those wiring diagrams.

I am interested in getting test cars for all the Scions.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not 100% familiar with how engines really work, but does something like cutting ignition harm the engine in any way?

If not, send me one asap!

Quick Reply: New Product Announcement: The WOT Box - Discounted Group Buy