Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

New style MEGAN exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
any more sound clips? fastandcurious, how's it going with yours?
yeah.. uh...... sound clips..... i said i was going to put some up, wasn't i? hehe.. i've been super busy with school and work but i will get to it. *crossing fingers*

i love mine so far. aside from the slight discoloration (i will try to get a picture to show it) i think it's a sweet exhaust. installation was a breeze and i think the fitment is great. the tip does seem to be lower compared to the stock tip which is closer to the bumper, but then again it gets kinda hot so you might not want it too close. someone else said they didn't think the tip stuck out far enough. i think it's fine. i've been driving it for two weeks now and haven't noticed any carbon build up on the bumper so that shouldn't be an issue.

i'm not going to lie and say i've felt power gains because i haven't. it drives the same but sounds much nicer. afterall, i got it for looks and sound. if you're looking for the kind of exhaust that lets your neighbors know you're coming from 2 blocks away, this defintely isn't it. it's got a nice deep tone and i personally love it over the drift exhaust which i think is way too loud. i can see why this exhaust was compared to the g35 tone. while it's not a perfect match, i think it's definitely the closest to it.

i haven't noticed any drone at all which is exactly what i was looking for. at highway speeds, especially in cruise control, it practically sounds stock. this is perfect for anyone like me that wants to enjoy long trips without having to turn up your radio to drown out the exhaust. but don't get me wrong, when you step on it to shift lanes you can definitely hear it.

like 1badTc2-0 had mentioned a while back, anytime you're in gear and shift into nuetral it lets out a nice deep rumble. i plan on posting a couple video clips to cover these different sounds. i'll need to find someone to give me a hand. i'll try to get something up this weekend.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Originally Posted by 1badTc2-0
get the oem, the drift is loud and ricey and will sound worse with a turbo
The drift is not ricey sounding once the car is warmed up.. It might sound ricey for about 1 minute until the car is fully warmed up then it sounds great. And it would actually be quieter with a turbo on.
ive heard it, the thing sounds aweful in my opinion and no offense but i hate that drift fart can look, completely destroys the look of the rear end of the Tc, that ugly muffler becomes the focus point.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i promised some video clips and i just want to say that i haven't forgotten. i've been really busy with school/work but i'm working on it. i hope to have several clips up by this weekend. i'm going to get a friend to help me cuz i tried filming and driving and that wasn't working. i hope to have some clips of:

-drive-by
-cold start
-warm start
-inside the car
-driving around in parking structure
-deep rumble heard when you shift into nuetral

that should cover most situations. let me know if i missed something. i'm going to use my sister's digital camera which takes some decent video. i can't vouch for the quality of the mic (it's no condenser mic, that's for sure) but hopefully it will suffice.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fastandcurious
so i promised some video clips and i just want to say that i haven't forgotten. i've been really busy with school/work but i'm working on it. i hope to have several clips up by this weekend. i'm going to get a friend to help me cuz i tried filming and driving and that wasn't working. i hope to have some clips of:

-drive-by
-cold start
-warm start
-inside the car
-driving around in parking structure
-deep rumble heard when you shift into nuetral

that should cover most situations. let me know if i missed something. i'm going to use my sister's digital camera which takes some decent video. i can't vouch for the quality of the mic (it's no condenser mic, that's for sure) but hopefully it will suffice.
excellent! thanks
Old 10-12-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Schuller

Is that a narrowing of the pipe near the flang near the axcel? Can someone explain this? Are there any bottle necks in the new Megan exhaust?
To answer my own question. Yes the Megan midpipe narrows there to 2 1/8 inches. That blows.

Will this effect it's FI effectivness?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got mine installed yesterday. The sound is almost perfect! I can still hear the supercharger spooling over the exhaust.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take a look at this link

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=163368

Installed mine this weekend
Old 02-27-2007, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
get the oem, the drift is loud and ricey and will sound worse with a turbo
The drift is not ricey sounding once the car is warmed up.. It might sound ricey for about 1 minute until the car is fully warmed up then it sounds great. And it would actually be quieter with a turbo on.
ive heard it, the thing sounds aweful in my opinion and no offense but i hate that drift fart can look, completely destroys the look of the rear end of the Tc, that ugly muffler becomes the focus point.
keep on hating it motivates me more...
i think its beautiful.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

does anyone know how to get rid of the brownish/gold color tone on the left side of the muffler?
Old 08-07-2009, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got that brownish stain on the left side of the muffler too. I figured that was where I had been handling it.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

i had it too, i was gonna try polishing it, but im sure it would just come back again later, i would say painting it flat black or gloss black with high temp paint, but then again that might chip or flake off......