Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

New V2 ZPI Crank Pulley Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New V2 ZPI Crank Pulley Installed

I used to have the V1 pulley that they sold but had problems with it. It was making my belt squeak since it wasnt manufactured correctly. I sent it back to them and Kenny said he would ship one out asap. Well a bunch of weeks later I got the new V2 pulley instead

So I just installed it by myself in about 10-15 mins (Im getting good at this) and VOILA! no squeak. However the other pulley didnt squeak at first either so we will see how it goes. Its sure is nice to have my quick throttle response and the few extra ponies back.

And out of curiosity I weighed both the stock pulley and the new pulley. I used my postal scale since its very accurate and I got different results than others ive seen. here is the stock Pulley:

weighed in at 3lbs 7.2oz which is different than the alleged 4.4lbs ive seen.

And here is the new ZPI V2 pulley:

14.7oz and ZPI claimed 12.5oz. Either way I thought it was insteresting so I thought id share the info with ya.

And lets all be grown ups and not argue about how pulleys are bad.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

First off congrats on the new pulley. Mine should be in anyday now. Just one question for you. Any different response between this version and the older one? Glad you like it and cant wait to get mine in. Thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no noticable response between the old version and new version. you will definately like having the pulley, its worth every penny.

Plus Kenny is a great guy and totally backs up all thier product.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont have a doubt that it will be worht it. I am just now getting into modding my TC. And ya Kenny is a good guy to deal with as is the entire ZPI staff.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Now I know you didn't get that scale just to measure pullies. ;] j/k How much you think it would set me back to have shop install it since it isn't too hard. I'd do it myself but I dont have the right tools.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Congrats... Interesting weights there.... I went NST Underdrive and they are also killer to work with. It seems like all the nice companies making stuff for the tC are stand up guys... I'll post my pics this weekkend as well.... Have to borrow the postal scale at work...
Old 01-04-2006, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im gunna pick one of these up very soon, I keep hearing great things about them. Anybody opt for the V.2.0 with optional Anodized coating? Any pictures of one ZPI guys ? Thanks guys!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heyitznosaj: No I had the scale already, haha. I figured that it would be the most accurate As for paying a shop, I really dont know.ant the only tools you need are an impact gun (I used my electric one) a 10mill socket, a 19mil socket for the pulley and for the belt tensioner with a breaker bar. Its super easy, im sure that you could even rent the tools at home depot. But if you still decide on a shop, I honestly dont know but its really easy so id say no more than $50??

WeDriveScions: Thanks and im curious to see how your setup will turn out. Either way I know youll like it Like you said, its nice to have such personal service and support from all the scion AM part companies. Even if our cars are slow, at least were having fun...

AZURETCTONY: I didnt have a choice otherwise i would have gotten the anodized coating. Im sure that i could find a place locally but I dont see the real benefit other than looks, and its all covered up so you cant even see it really.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by AZURETCTONY
Im gunna pick one of these up very soon, I keep hearing great things about them. Anybody opt for the V.2.0 with optional Anodized coating? Any pictures of one ZPI guys ? Thanks guys!
I have the anodized, looks like a dark gray pully basically.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Congrats... Interesting weights there.... I went NST Underdrive and they are also killer to work with. It seems like all the nice companies making stuff for the tC are stand up guys... I'll post my pics this weekkend as well.... Have to borrow the postal scale at work...

i back nst also great company but from what i here zpi is awsome to
Old 01-04-2006, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks Harmonic.... I'm sure the setup will be nice....

NST's come in graphite grey or Blue, so you can choose either... I went graphite, as my engine is pretty much all black and silver/chrome.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Default Re: New V2 ZPI Crank Pulley Installed

Originally Posted by Harmonic_tC
I used to have the V1 pulley that they sold but had problems with it. It was making my belt squeak since it wasnt manufactured correctly. I sent it back to them and Kenny said he would ship one out asap. Well a bunch of weeks later I got the new V2 pulley instead

So I just installed it by myself in about 10-15 mins (Im getting good at this) and VOILA! no squeak.

Thats funny my Agency Power squeaked also......
Old 01-04-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: New V2 ZPI Crank Pulley Installed

Originally Posted by -NEMESIS-
Originally Posted by Harmonic_tC

So I just installed it by myself in about 10-15 mins (Im getting good at this) and VOILA! no squeak.

Thats funny my Agency Power squeaked also......

agency and the v1 were the same pully no diffrance at all
Old 01-05-2006, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I just ordered my ZPI V.2.0 Pulley w/ Anodized Finish (Along with Injen Intake) and I'll be sure to post up some pictures ASAP. For all us Auto guys I will let you know about the results/performance after the installs. I can't wait!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Let's keep the ZPI V2 Pulley to one thread.... ZPI started their V2 thread in here, so I'll focus things there.