Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Nitrous?

I haven't really seen any posts that are specifically on the issue of using nitrous, so I figured I would just ask a few questions I have.

1) What would be the type of kit you would recommend? Wet? Dry? Direct Port? I'm looking to run a 75 shot.

2) Can the tC internals handle this type of boost?

3) Is there are company you would recommend? Does anybody have a nitrous kit on their tC yet?

4) If I do get a kit, what type of engagement should i use? Trigger? WOT? RPM sensors?

Thanks guys, and I'd be using this 95% on the track to get those times down
Old 05-24-2005, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dunno about nos....i mean yah its sick and fast but i dont think the internals can handle a 75 but it will ahndle a 50 shot...direct port is better so i have heard..i really dont know a whole lot about nos but if you pm joe@dezod he would deff now something to help you....what other mods do you have to the motor...just becarefull.....nos is a good company and zex....and there is no point of getting engine managment unless you have injectors and a fuel pump....
Old 05-24-2005, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man i have no idea what shots are mean?...anyone bother to explain it to me, and btw what's WOT for nitrous engagement?
Old 05-24-2005, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well in my opinion if the internals can handle 8 psi they can handle a 75 shot.

Best thing direct port that way your getting every bang for the shot
Old 05-24-2005, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a guy on here with a nos setup, you should ask him...sorry i forgot his sn name.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member

Ok, so the answers I've found so far from the forums here, asking my own questions, doing a lot of searches (with little result), and with some helpful answers from ZPI here's the answers I've come to understand. Direct port will always be the best, but its expensive and more dangerous, and adds a lot of issues into the mix. Wet kit is going to be the most likely solution for a realistic nitrous setup without being sponsored. The internals should hold up just fine up to a 125-shot at which point you want to look at a clutch upgrade and internals, as well as finding a way to get more fuel in. Lots of people seem to like ZEX and Venom, but I chose to go with the Nitrous Express EFI kit. The company has proven to be really extremely reliable. I'm going to run a 75-shot on stock everything and don't expect many issues from the engine as long as I continue to treat it right. The kit's in the basement waiting to be put on. As far as triggering...I'm going to have the push-button switch tied in with the window switch (the thing that monitors your RPM's) as well as using a WOT switch. That way I can assure the most amount of safety while shooting the nitrous. Have to have the nitrous specificly armed and the bottle opened via switch #1. You push the button and then it checks to make sure you have it floored. If you do then it makes sure that you're within the correct RPM range for using it. If you are then it'll engage the nitrous. If any of the variables are off, then I won't have to worry about messing anything up unintentionally. Can't wait to throw it on next month and get out to the track to see how it does.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"good luck"
Old 05-24-2005, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdballer69
man i have no idea what shots are mean?...anyone bother to explain it to me, and btw what's WOT for nitrous engagement?
I'm no nitrous head either....but I think the number of shot is the amount of HP that will be added......

WOT engagement means the nitrous will only actuate at -W-ide -O-pen -T-hrottle.....
Old 05-24-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They can easily take a 75 shot. ZPI is running a 150 shot on stock internals.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you go to zeropointindustries.net and go to their forums you'll see my questions on there to them....here's what they told me:

They can sell you everything you need to do the set up.

They recommend a wet-nitrous set up because the tC doesnt have a return style fuel pressure regulator

For a 75shot (75hp) they recommend colder spark plugs and a fuel pump

the basic import EFI kit from NX costs like 550 bucks, so for a set up for the tC it would probably be around 900 bucks when all is said and done (thats my guestimate)
Old 05-25-2005, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys for all the input!!

I'll definately contact ZPI before I do the setup to see what they recommend and I'll be sure to update you guys on what happens.

Peace.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DL the video of the guys from ZPI blowing by an SRT4 with the 125shot, its impressive of how much instant accelleration is possible, even though the turbo ends up winning out.