Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

NOS Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:23 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ugh wet shot ftw... oh and i have the sniper kit too =]

anywho stock head stock everything is fine except upgrade to premium fuel and 1 step colder plugs

i am running a 75 wet shot with i/h and stock exhaust and i beat a turbo cl and a k20 swapped civic...thats a lil perspective on how it runs
Old 07-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: NOS Help!

Originally Posted by Iowa_TC1
Originally Posted by Sciko_Scott
Ok, so I just purchased my first nitrous kit. The kit is a NOS Sniper efi kit. It should be in on the 22nd. However I have some questions about the kit and my car...

People keep saying I should upgrade my internals, fuel pump, pistons, ect. While others say if you keep it under a 75 shot the stock head will hold up with no problems.

After some research I am finding that the fuel pump should be upgraded if you do any thing over 140hp.

Now it does come with the 10lb bottle and will cost me about $55 to fill. Which brings me to my next question do I want to fill the take or not? I don't mean to sound like I have no idea what I am talking about but I really don't. I want to educate myself before I install something that could kill my car and myself. If need be I will install the kit and hold off on getting the tank filled until I build up the motor some.

Now they say this particular kit can be tuned for about 100-150hp. How do you go about tuning a NOS kit? When you get it filled would I only have it filled for a 50 shot? Is that how you go about tuning it?

Now I know what your probably thinking. "Another ricer with spray!" But trust me I know what I have and because I don't know much about it I am doing my homework first! I planned on upgrading the internals some time down the road but came across this kit for a ridiculous price and couldn't pass it up!
I would not go above 75hp to be safe and also you should get a traction control switch so you can control what RPM the nitrous shoot in at and so you don't shoot it in case you hit the rev limiter.
Yea good point I will look into one. How much are we talking about do you know a rough price for one?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cburglb34
ugh wet shot ftw... oh and i have the sniper kit too =]

anywho stock head stock everything is fine except upgrade to premium fuel and 1 step colder plugs

i am running a 75 wet shot with i/h and stock exhaust and i beat a turbo cl and a k20 swapped civic...thats a lil perspective on how it runs

Now I am real excited! Haha, my friend Hung just boosted his tC so I needed something to keep up with him!