Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

o no now ima ricer!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by REVOSOLDIER
honestly i really am just starting out learning wut parts are good and what not...been around cars all my life just never really did truly understand diff between parts...what is the diff between like dc headers and my headers...they both cut out the cat allowing exhaust to escape quicker and they look the same...info? and that resonator gonna have to weld it in or no?
the difference in anything.. intake.. header/s ... exhaust.. etc basically boils down to flow characteristics... some companies spend mega bucks bending pipes and testing. and some use CAD but it all boils down to how the air flows though it... look at the threads for header testing and Cold air intake tests.. and you will see the difference
Old 10-23-2007, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NOPI = Number One Parts Inc.

wow you guys all had lots to say about taht lol. dang...ne ways may be cheaper but it puts out just as much stats as the ones your paying 300 for dc headers i payed 160...and im putting thermal wrap on them anyways so who cares wut they look like. a header is a header is a header. ur only paying for the name.
they may look a like but you cant say they make the same power unless you go dyno it. When you pay that extra money, you pay for peace of mind that you are getting something that is reliable and proven to provide a power increase.

The TRD exhaust system is sold as a performance part and it makes 1-3 hp... Who knows, your header could be slightly more restrictive and be made from poor materials causing significant power losses.

You get what you pay for.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya im sure thats true...maybe we can get someone to dyno test number one parts that would be cool.....no one has yet.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do it... go pay 75 bucks and get it dynoed!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^yeah do it buddy! represent nopi products! on the other hand, why dont you just get a sponsorship from them and get all their parts for the tc! lol!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:21 PM

honestly i really am just starting out learning wut parts are good and what not...been around cars all my life just never really did truly understand diff between parts...what is the diff between like dc headers and my headers...they both cut out the cat allowing exhaust to escape quicker and they look the same...info? and that resonator gonna have to weld it in or no?
Yes they will have to weld the resonator in with probably a new pipe. Go to a muffler shop. Go to one you trust to do it, not Monroe Muffler or one of those muffler places that are natiionally around. I go to this guy in NC who does peformance pipes and he has his own shop.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no im actually gonna mess around with my buddies welder...hes gonna do the job and im gonna learn....he does it all day everyday at a steel factory. lol its deff a skill i would like to have though.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rollout y u actin like that
Old 10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What size is your exhaust tip? I ran into the unique situation where I could not fit both a muffler and a resonator, so I went with a flowmaster hushpower due to it's compact size and clearance it allowed. (I have a wheelchair ramp on the xB so there is no room for a muffler to be mounted behind the axle) Unfortunately, it droned horribly at 3k. Exhaust was mounted mid-body but the shop mounted a 3 1/2" tip on the rear end, so I ended up using a 90mm Apexi silencer. it cut out the droning to a very large degree, but did decrease performance a bit. I have since upgraded to an Apexi Active Tail Silencer that uses a pressure driven valve to bypass the silencer under load. It is quiter than the fixed one and doesn't lose HP under acceleration.

If you just want to kill the noise for long trips, use a silencer, Apexi has them in 90mm and 110mm depending on your tip size. If you want something that you won't have to pull off, get the resonator.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks man but ive been doing some homework.. theres tons of videos of tc's with silencers and it does not have the sound i want....im gonna try this resonator i found....a guy on here swore by it. http://www.aeroexhaust.com/import_resonator_ar25.html or just go to www.aeroexhaust.com and click the sport import
Old 10-24-2007, 08:08 PM

Knowing how to weld is a great thing to know. It is harder than it looks. My bf is a certified welder and certified in all that but he still doesn't do stuff like that himself (time and having the place to do it, like a lift)
Old 10-24-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hmm.. from the technical description the Aero mufflers seem almost identical to the Flowmaster Hushpower series. They both use a cone divertor that then recombines airflow with angled holes in a perferated tube downstream. I'm only using the muffler at the moment since I can't seem to squeeze in a resonator.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=4035
Old 10-24-2007, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the megan mid-pipe that has two resinators plus the oe-rs exhaust muffler. With the header you will always have the rasp.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:36 PM

i miss my 2001 v6 accord.

vtec growled like crazy at 3,500
Old 10-25-2007, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya i would just like to cut it down a lil...cuz other than 2800-3200 rpms its got a good sound. but ya we have a lift on base actually like 10 of them..and its only 4 bucs an hour to use it and all there tools. but for 50 bucs ima try it...guy on these forums said the aero one worked like a miracle so well find out soon as i get one.