Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

O2 Sensor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by kanundrum
Its Conundrum, if your going to be a smarta$$ get it right
I know the correct spelling, shouldn't you have taken your own advice when creating the screen name to begin with? However, I didn't want to lose the essence of why I was actually saying it

Either way, you're up ish creek until you can rectify those emission issues. The leaks are likely due to a gas cap not sealing properly or vacuum line issue. The P0420 is likely due to a malfunctioning O2 sensor or catalytic converter failure. Those are the easy fixes, beyond that, you may have an actual issue.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
I know the correct spelling, shouldn't you have taken your own advice when creating the screen name to begin with? However, I didn't want to lose the essence of why I was actually saying it

Either way, you're up ish creek until you can rectify those emission issues. The leaks are likely due to a gas cap not sealing properly or vacuum line issue. The P0420 is likely due to a malfunctioning O2 sensor or catalytic converter failure. Those are the easy fixes, beyond that, you may have an actual issue.

Thanks for the Info I will look into those systems, thats what I was looking for. I spelled my UserName the correct way I wanted to spell it, I knew the correct spelling and meaning of it when I created it 9 years ago(even prior to SL)
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by kanundrum
Thanks for the Info I will look into those systems, thats what I was looking for. I spelled my UserName the correct way I wanted to spell it, I knew the correct spelling and meaning of it when I created it 9 years ago(even prior to SL)
I think someone mentioned it, but the best way to test the evap system is to pressurize it, kinda like what they do when your AC condenser has a leak, they pressurize it with dye so they can locate the leak. I know a few places that do it cheaply, Pep Boys is one.

Same here when I created mine 12 years ago. It's been my SN for ever forum and IM program i've ever joined, even though it has now outgrown its usefulness.