Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Official Raceland Intake/Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i converted mine into a short ram

i posted pictures a few pages back on this thread
Old 03-11-2010, 01:59 AM
SL Member

did u get a cel yet or no?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ERZperformance
you get what you pay for.
yeah exactly. so why would anyone else pay for overpriced pipes with a filter?
it's all the same gain. no matter what anyone says. the only factor would be the filter, and you could just upgrade it.
the pipes won't fall apart and no one has gotten a cel.
i'd say it's way beyond worth saving the 125$ for something else.
just saying.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks nice for something that is so cheap
Old 03-11-2010, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did get a cel yesterday after washing my car. Had put about 260 miles on the intake over the weekend before the light went on. I had to reset the ecu again. Has not been back on since. I did notice after washing my car the filter was pretty wet. Also last night we had a rainstorm this morning I popped the hood and again wet. I thought that spot were the filter was sitting was a safe spot. Now I'm pretty nervous about it and hydro locking if washing the car and rain can get it wet. Will the aem bypass fit a raceland cai?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks, on my old CAI on my Matrix i had the Injen Heat Shield installed and it never got wet and i had a hole on the wheelwell cover. So i might pick another one up for the tC.Also how did you get water up in there cause when i wash the car by hand and sometimes i go to a car wash water never gets in there.Believe me i've checked cause after every wash when i wipe down the engine I've looked down as to where the CAI goes and have never seen water there its always been dry.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It seems as it comes down through the side of the hood. I will try to take a few pics tonight
Old 03-12-2010, 12:05 AM

Just ordered a red, and will be hacking it up to make a short ram. Someone up the line did just that, and mentioned that he did not get a CEL. I will corroborate this, and post some findings after some miles have been put on it. I know some of you are interested in whether or not the CEL will stay off.

Rob
Old 03-12-2010, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AEM bypass valve will fit
Old 03-14-2010, 10:31 PM
SL Member

Well I installed the Intake, s-pipe, and exhaust yesterday/today....I will write a full review with pics and video tonight/tomorrow. I didn't do the header because I had a problem with my O2 sensor being cross threaded in the stock one. So I have the stock header/cat for now until Tuesday. Just gotta say I am truly impressed. Great job Raceland!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

abut 8k miles with the intake.
zero problems =]
Old 03-15-2010, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Superman05
Well I installed the Intake, s-pipe, and exhaust yesterday/today....I will write a full review with pics and video tonight/tomorrow. I didn't do the header because I had a problem with my O2 sensor being cross threaded in the stock one. So I have the stock header/cat for now until Tuesday. Just gotta say I am truly impressed. Great job Raceland!
I'm looking forward to seeing this.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 203superwhitetC
I'm looking forward to seeing this.
+1 If all goes well and I like the sound of it. Im gonna put in an order for a cai and the exhaust. Woot!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So after a week of having the intake and fighting a cell problem. I had one of the vacum hoses going into the intake a little long and it was getting pinched. Cut a inch off the hose reconnected to the intake no more pinching of the hose and all is well. The hose being a little long and not holding pressure was giving a p0441 evap code. If you get that code one of the hoses might be getting pinched. just fyi

Dont have there exhaust but do have the trd one. The sound above 3k is sweet a s s
Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool thanks for the info, i'm still waiting for it to warm here and stop raining, so that i can install mine.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Superman05
Waiting for review on the cat back might consider getting myself one if it sounds good!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:34 PM
SL Member

Sorry for the delay guys...here is my review.

So let me start when I got the packages.....they were beat to hell but to be honest I didn't expect any better from UPS . I was worried that I was going to have some dents in my exhaust, but Raceland really protected the products with bubble wrap. Everything was flawless.

Now to the install, the first thing I did was unbolt the stock header, s-pipe, and exhaust. I wrestled with my O2 sensor in the header for 2 hours. When I finally got it out the damn sensor was cross threaded inside the stock header from the factory!!!! WTF. I didn't want to mess up the new header threads so I wrestled the sensor back into the stock header. I installed the Raceland s-pipe and the fitment was perfect!! Then, we took off the stock rubber mounts from the stock exhaust and lubed them up and slipped them on the Raceland exhaust. We hung up the exhaust and everything bolted right up!! Perfect fitment! No force fitting anything, it bolted up like it came from the factory! I love the way it hugs the bumper exhaust cutout. It does not look like a half-a** custom done exhaust. Also it has an adjustable silencer built in....all you have to do loosen the 3 allen key bolts in the muffler turn to adjust sound and re-tighten the bolts. Mine is set to wide open (full flow) as seen in the pics. Now, the next day we did the intake. One again perfect fitment! Just an FYI.....you will need to remove the drivers side front wheel to install the filter COMFORTABLY. You can turn the wheel and take off the plastic but your arms will get scratched like crazy, but if your arms are small enough give it a shot. I on the other hand have humongous hulk hogan pythons so I took the wheel off for the filter!! Now as for sound.....The intake sounds like a beast on heroin when you gun it!!!! Really bad-a**! The exhaust has a VERY deep, sporty tone. Sounds excellent so far. I am hoping that it will not change to much when the header goes on. The bad news is that I tried every possible way to record the exhaust and my recording DOES NOT sound like the exhaust at all. I swear. This exhaust is rasp free on a stock header. So do not get discouraged when listening to the video, this exhaust is deep and awesome...I promise. After all is said and done I am getting check engine lights but only for my FUDGED up O2 sensor!!!! Nothing from the intake so far. I will up date when I put the header on with pics and video of the exhaust with header. BTW I forgot to mention that Raceland supplies all bolts necessary for intake and s-pipe and exhaust install . Header bolts simply get re-used, so does the spring bolts from header to s-pipe. Also we found that using the factory bolts from s-pipe to exhaust was better then using Racelands. As far as quality and price....Raceland can't be beat IMO..... Any questions let me know. Any pic/video request shoot me a PM.

Name:  DSC00758.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  128.1 KB
Name:  DSC00759.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  132.1 KB
Name:  DSC00760.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  133.1 KB
Name:  DSC00766.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  157.9 KB
Name:  DSC00769.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  155.8 KB
Name:  DSC00764.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  107.3 KB
Name:  DSC00761.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  129.9 KB
Name:  DSC00762.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  99.9 KB
Name:  DSC00763.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  99.1 KB

Last edited by Superman05; 03-16-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great review! thanks so much for doing this!

but now:
1) So the exhaust does sound good? is there anything it sounds like? (compared to another brand) cause that video doesnt seem to be giving it justice.

2) is there anyway to remove that silencer? i think it just looks ugly there and would probably sound better without it on.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:56 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 07ohiotc
great review! thanks so much for doing this!

but now:
1) So the exhaust does sound good? is there anything it sounds like? (compared to another brand) cause that video doesnt seem to be giving it justice.

2) is there anyway to remove that silencer? i think it just looks ugly there and would probably sound better without it on.

1) This is the only exhaust I have heard on a TC in person so I have nothing to compare it to. Sorry. This system has a DEEP rumble. I tried inside the car, outside the car, on the hatch, even in my pocket to filter the sound but I couldn't capture the true exhaust note.

2) No way to remove it. I thought it could be removed at first but it is welded in. It bothered me also but I got over it after day 2.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:59 PM
SL Member

I forgot to mention that if you go WOT then all you will hear is the intake!!!! The exhaust gets drowned out easily after 3k rpms. Those set of pipes is mean!! (in a good way) lol.

Quick Reply: Official Raceland Intake/Exhaust