Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Official Raceland Intake/Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:30 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by feldy
No don't even need to change the filter. I have had mine installed for about a month maybe a little longer. Had a cell right away but it was because of of a long hose that was getting pinched. Only need for a hydrosheild or bypass is if you drive through water a lot or through river beds.
Originally Posted by MooSE55
if you havent read through all the pages yet..than all i would add is make sure to be careful with the MAF sensor..and use the little bolts that come with your intake to replace the stock ones used to hold in the MAF much better fitment..and i found removing the battery help fit the pipe through without scratching it up..
Originally Posted by thegame7a
Yes just be extra careful, matter of fact just leave it in the stock airbox and put it on top of the engine cover out of the way, while you install the CAI piping.Thats what i did and it was the last thing that I installed back as well.To this day I haven't had no problems with it or any CEL's.

Ight thanks for the tips guys. Cant wait to put it on
Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Superman05
Ok guys, So I installed my Raceland header today and all I gotta say is

HOLY RASP FACTORY Batman!!!!!!!

This exhaust setup is LOUD and RASPY! This exhaust is great for people that do not want to change the stock header and like a nice deep rumble, if you plan on putting a header I would do so with caution, unless you don't mind the rasp. Overall the install was very easy and fitment was perfect....+1 for Raceland on fitment of all their products. I am very satisfied with my purchase because of the quality, fitment and price but I am going to have figure something out for the rasp. On another note....I could not get the damn baffle out ....I honestly think it needs to be cut out someway. We tried all types of methods with no success. Sorry guys. Will upload the video tonight. Any questions holla at me.

Big shout and thanks to "TruvieThug" for getting me a new O2 sensor for a great price and shipped in a couple of days. Without the sensor this install would have not been possible.
My exhaust sounded similar (way too loud and raspy) the first time I turned over my tC after install. You just need to put an extra resonator into your midpipe. Dont even bother with a hotdog, use a wide resonator right from the start. I threw in a Vibrant Performance Ultra Quiet which eliminated ALL rasp below 5k rpm, and even above there is bearly any.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Superman05
Video of Exhaust after header install.......

is it just me or does the tip stick out a little farther than most exhausts?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay so I just read throu 13 pages, still curious on the intakes. I saw that on some people a CEL came on. I previously bought a BOMZ Racing intake and I had a CEL issue. still on the car but the cel is still on. by the way dont get it! I am interested in getting the Raceland CAI any one had anymore cel come on??
Old 04-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

you had a CEL on your bomz intake? ive had mine for about 4-5 yrs now with AEM filters and have NEVER had a CEL. your sure you didnt blow out your MAF sensor during install? there VERY sensitive
Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What was the cel code that its putting out? I had a cel but that was becasue a hose going into the maf was a tad to long pinching it self and needed to be snipped by about an inch. snipped and 2thousand miles later no cell.... the intake is badass for the money it looks good and sounds good. that's all you can really ask for.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

When I installed my Raceland Intake it seemed to not be perfectly straight and the filter seemed to be practically sitting on the wheel liner! It took alot of tinkering to get that right! For the price you cant beat it, but there are better intakes!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

When i got it scanned it said p1001 or p1010 something with the maf sensor..i heard that BOMZ diameter when the maf is connected is to big.so idk i have to put my stock air box and reset and see if its the sensor..if not then i am def getting the raceland intake it comes with the right size housing.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:10 AM
SL Member

i had a cel on my raceland intake but all u gotta do is reset the computer so it can adjust to the new air flow and it never came on again
Old 04-23-2010, 05:44 PM
SL Member

Never got a CEL with my intake....been about 2000 miles.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaykillz
Do you have any other advice on how to take it off. I cant seem to remove it. I have tired a few things now the silencer looks all messed up from plier marks. I even e-mailed race land and they told me that it should come out, so I know its removable.
sorry yall i forgot to respond to this. you have to basically destroy it. its removable but its in there super snug. you have to cut it apart and pry it with a pry bar
Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ktothesass
sorry yall i forgot to respond to this. you have to basically destroy it. its removable but its in there super snug. you have to cut it apart and pry it with a pry bar
It is possible to remove it with out destroying it. I have done it twice, though I would recommend leaving it in place until you have a good resonator installed. I'm ordering an Aero Resonator later this week. Hopefully it with quiet the exhaust note and get rid of most of the rasp.

For now I'm running with the silencer in and fully closed. The sound is bareable with a slight drone between 45 and 75 and getting louder 80+. I have noticed a decent power increase though I haven't had the car on the dyno yet so I don't know how much.

Overall I'd say that this exhaust is great value for money but I would have paid extra to have a good resonator pre-installed. Build quality is excellent, though there were a few decent size dents on my muffler, possibly from shipping. Fitment is good but not great, there is a place where it occationally vibrates against the exhaust shield. I pushed the shield up a little during install but it seems I'll have to see if it will move a bit more.

I'm interested to see how the intake actually works out before I commit to it. Raceland sent me some dyno figures indicating a 9 hp gain but they did not provide any graphs. Would any of you say the the power increase with the Raceland intake matches the gain from the Injen intake?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM
SL Member

The silencer will pop right out with a "Slide Hammer'....stick it in the silencer, bang like 2-3 times and it will pop out without any damage to the exhaust or silencer. Problem solved.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just installed the raceland exhaust. fitment is great! even came with an extra gasket. its a bit louder than my HKS but its great for the price!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so the exhaust is good huh..? u like the sound even thou its louder than the HKS? hmm i already ahve the intake and coils..i should do the 3 peat and get the exhaust too haha..basically a rollin advertisement for them..
Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone with the raceland exhaust notice it smells like burning after you first install it? i hope i dont have a leak or something. anyone please chime in
Old 04-28-2010, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's the exhaust burning in, it's normal.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thas what i thought. this bish is loud as crap!! well too loud for my taste
Old 05-03-2010, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How close does this sit to the bumper? I am considering buying this to run with my 5 axis kit and just get a Megan S-pipe for it. I'm just unsure of fitment in the lip. I'm sure the hanger can be modded a lil. Would people say that this was louder than the tsudo? What is the pipings quality? Does it seem really thin walled?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For more info, pix, and videos, check out my recent post https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186274

Quick Reply: Official Raceland Intake/Exhaust