Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

"Official" Wire Tuck Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

btw what are you gonna do w/o ac??? you're nuts
Old 01-09-2009, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

it doesnt get to hot here in the summer, and ive got windows so ill be all good. lol

and its funny you say youll steal the tool, i have a buddy whos in mechanics class @ school so ill just ask him i they have one there and borrow it for a couple days. hahaha
Old 01-09-2009, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

It can be done......we did it in school with a retro into a 40s pickup with a corvette drive trane transplanted.the ABS and AC and coolant and powersteering resivouir would not fit in the area we had to work with.

Get tubing bender and new S lines and route to where you want it and fab a new mount bracket.

practice first at making good lines that work before making ones for the car.

we went through a lot of tubing.We did not use SS though due to cost,but I am sure it will bend the same as other tubing.

For the powersteering we went to a shop that repairs cardboard balers(hydrolic lines) and had new lines made taht fit our needs for the new aftermarket electric pump.

You can do it.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just out of curiosity, do you know if it is possible to remove the ABS system out of the tC?

You need ABS about as much as you need A/C.

Looking at it and doing various google searches, you're going to have a hell of a time trying to move all those and custom make all those lines. I kind of wonder if that's what that smurf lookin' tC did. Unfortunately, mos of the DIY are on Hondas without ABS it looks like.

Or, cram it behind the engine against the firewall and hope for the best lol.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

oh trust me, i know it can be done, and it will be done, just might take me a while.

and i just realized, that once this is done...

i wont be the first tC with a wire tucked engine bay but seeing as Neil Tjin tC's was crushed, i will be the ONLY one.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Also a good bench with a machinist vice that allows for you to put in doglegs to hold differant tools is helpful as you need to be able to move the bender and rotate to make the bends easier.also a big work area helps and measure more than once before bending.

You can get brake line pretty cheaply,so make lots of simple and complex bends and learn waht measurements you need before using the good tubing.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
it doesnt get to hot here in the summer, and ive got windows so ill be all good. lol

and its funny you say youll steal the tool, i have a buddy whos in mechanics class @ school so ill just ask him i they have one there and borrow it for a couple days. hahaha
you know i thought about shaving the engine bay but that was also when i was in the middle of doin the indiviual throttle bodies.... i gave up tho cus i didnt have the money to get the AEM standalone and i couldnt figure out a way around the damn drive by wire
Old 01-09-2009, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by teamben158
Just out of curiosity, do you know if it is possible to remove the ABS system out of the tC?

Looking at it and doing various google searches, you're going to have a hell of a time trying to move all those and custom make all those lines. I kind of wonder if that's what that smurf lookin' tC did. Unfortunately, mos of the DIY are on Hondas without ABS it looks like.

yea you can remove it and im sure thats what he did, the only prob is my car is DD whereas im sure that tC was not...
Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea you can remove it and im sure thats what he did, the only prob is my car is DD whereas im sure that tC was not...
You don't really need ABS though. It's mainly beneficial in the winter when you're sliding across ice, but I'm doubting your tC sees much snow.

Now that I think about it, the tC is the first car I've owned with ABS lol. I got through 8 years of driving without it.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

you can remove all the ABS stuff but probably need a diffearnt booster and proportioning valves.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

oh trust me, i know it can be done, and it will be done, just might take me a while.

i wont be the first tC with a wire tucked engine bay but seeing as Neil Tjin tC's was crushed, i will be the ONLY one.
its actually a federal offense to remove abs from a car that comes with it from the factory. i dont recomend getting rid of it, if my some change you got into an accident you would be found at fault because of it.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC

its actually a federal offense to remove abs from a car that comes with it from the factory. i dont recomend getting rid of it, if my some change you got into an accident you would be found at fault because of it.
Isn't it similar to putting non-DOT lights on your car? And how would people know that you took the ABS out. If you rear-end someone, they usually don't inspect your brake system. Just don't say anything about it either lol.

What do track cars like the Rado tC have? Does he still have the ABS in his car?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

yea, my tc doesnt see snow anyways...ever.
but i would def rather leave it in.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC

Isn't it similar to putting non-DOT lights on your car? And how would people know that you took the ABS out. If you rear-end someone, they usually don't inspect your brake system. Just don't say anything about it either lol.

What do track cars like the Rado tC have? Does he still have the ABS in his car?
no its not like the lights, infact its a lot more strict, and actually when you do get into an accident the insurance adjuster inspects the car, and he/she can tell if the abs system has been removed.

track cars like Rados dont have to have ABS because they are Race cars and not driven on public roads, chances are they still have ABS, especially seen as how they all have BBKS, those brakes enter ABS sooner then stock and ABS allows you to keep control of steering while braking, if they removed ABS then they stand the chance of their brakes locking up and at the same time so will steering and they will have no control over it.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

lol, anyone who has forza 2 and doesnt understand ABS, go turn on your xbox and try a race with ABS off.

that isht is hardddd. lol
Old 01-09-2009, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol anyways i recommend KEEPING your abs lol, they put it there for a reason

i would HATE to see you go through all this work only to have your brakes lock up on you and you lose control and total this baby
Old 01-09-2009, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

i know i know.
like i said, i reallllly dont want to remove it, i just want it out of sight but still fully functional.

i already feel unsafe enough without some of my airbags.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i know i know.
like i said, i reallllly dont want to remove it, i just want it out of sight but still fully functional.

i already feel unsafe enough without some of my airbags.

lets just hope those takatas are in there the right way
Old 01-09-2009, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

oh trust me. they are.

i lost some of the eyebolt, so i actually just ordered the rest today.

only problem is they dont seem to fit in the holes on the inside (near the center console)

idk...ive got till May to figure it out.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

you could always just pick up a NRG harness bar, its safer...

Quick Reply: "Official" Wire Tuck Thread.