Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Pics of new installed 3in Doc I short shifter and TRD knob

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Pics of new installed 3in Doc I short shifter and TRD ****

Well I got my 3in reduction Doctor Isotope short shifter in the other day and got it installed as quick as possible! I went ahead and got the lowest reduction you can get because it would still be tall with the **** I got if not. I know that I need to get a new boot or mod it. But for now I've got a Scion armband and my girlfriend's hospital thing from when she screwed up her arm that I've just never taken off. ha ha Anyways... here's what you really wanna see..

I also got the delrin cable bushings and they make a big difference in fell. Like everyone says, they make the shifter fell way more solid and it feels good. Pardon my floor mats being dirty. All in all I really love this mod and the grand total came to like 170 for ss, cable bushings, and ****.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

lol looks nice. you should just keep the scion armband on the shift boot...i was planning to do that if the boot came out funny on mine. i just got my doc I shifter last week but no time to install this week...i only opted for a 2" reduction. maybe i shoulda got 2.5" lol
Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've learned the overall appearance has a ton to do with the ****. If i put the stock one back on now, it would probably come close to going BELOW the base lol.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the pink **** carpet floor mats.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

nice. how was the install ?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha ryan the mats are actually red, now that i look the pics make them look pink. As easy as it is to change them out, I change up my floor mats all the time. The girlfriend likes the way the **** feels on her feet. Haha.

Macavely then install was one of the more difficult I've done. But thats out of HID's, interior glow, rear sway bar, grille, CAI, exhaust and some other minor things. I got my springs done by someone else.

That washer everyone _____es about, they _____ about it for a reason. its dumb to try to get it off with anything other than a dremmel tool. And the ring that pops off that holds the shifter in, its a pretty big pain to get off AND back on. Same with the washer. Its pretty difficult to get back on. The rest is easy pretty much. And the cable bushings are easy. Hardest part is getting the rubber bushings out. If you have a CAI, you don't even have to take out the intake. You can just reach around it.

Basically, the whole ordeal took me about an hour and a half. Its really something anybody could do without any professional experience. But you WILL get frustrated alot. But just be patient. You'll really enjoy it.