Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Pics updated for Draxas Scion tC Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Default Pics updated for Draxas Scion tC Exhaust System

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we have updated the pics on our website for our Scion tC Exhaust System:

http://store.draxas.com/detail.asp?Cat=&Sub=&Item=530

http://www.draxas.com/images/draxas_tc_1.jpg

http://www.draxas.com/images/draxas_tc_2.jpg

Look for our advertisement in the October issue of Modified magazine and for our exhaust system in their Featured Products section.

We have been shipping our tC kits out now for just over 2 weeks and have been receiving great feedback. If you have any questions for me, just post them here or email me directly.

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2005, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sound clip with alphawerks header
Old 07-13-2005, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
sound clip with alphawerks header
You know i was about to post the same thing, it is as though these guys dont read forums or listen much to customer feedback. WE NEED A DECENT EXHAUST SYSTEM THAT WILL SOUND WELL WITH AFTERMARKET HEADERS AS WELL AS PERFORM. If you can built such an exhaust im sold..money in hand. :D
Old 07-14-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good. What does it sound with and without the AW or DC Sports Header?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whats the power gain? Sound?
Old 07-14-2005, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Sound with the AW headers is not good..... Phillip installed his AW header after installing our exhaust, and he said the sound was WAY too loud and raspy. So we went and installed a small resonator after our high flow cat and the car sounds great. We werent able to get back to the dyno with the new setup before Phillip grenaded his engine on a poorly timed downshift.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

doh!

ahh well keep us updated when you get some sound clips
Old 07-14-2005, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks like it needs to be welded at the rear axel.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is the one pipe that only has a flange on one end?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sound with the AW headers is not good..... Phillip installed his AW header after installing our exhaust, and he said the sound was WAY too loud and raspy.
At least your honest. Most people advertising a producted would have told a white lie to keep sales up. haha.

Looks great. Any pics of it installed on a tC??
Old 07-15-2005, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Draxas_VP
Sound with the AW headers is not good..... Phillip installed his AW header after installing our exhaust, and he said the sound was WAY too loud and raspy. So we went and installed a small resonator after our high flow cat and the car sounds great. We werent able to get back to the dyno with the new setup before Phillip grenaded his engine on a poorly timed downshift.
Lol i hope he gets the engine replaced via warranty although i highly doubt it By the way why dont you guy sell the same setup you installed on philip's car many of us would buy if it sounds as good as you claim. In addition to this whats going on with your Dynos im just a regular Joe and ive dynoed my car 3 times, im sure you guys can afford it. And please post some sound clips of the Resonator enhanced unit ..you guys appear to make very nice and well crafted pruducts so just take our feedback into concideration.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Props for honesty! Good business practice!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Acasanova,

Our ability to capture video/sound as well as to perform dyno tests went down the tube along with Phillip's engine. I have put out a query for other SoCal Scion tC owners to aid us with dyno testing, and even offered a reduced price and installation. I have a few interested parties, now I just need to weed through them.

We will be creating a version of our exhaust that is just like the one on Phillip's tC, with a small resonator. No loss in power and great sound, even with a header installed.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Strictly Scionized
SL Member

What happened to phillips engine?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Brian,

He downshifted (IIRC while taking an onramp) too early/high in the rev-range. Toyota said the computer recorded sustained RPMs of well over 8000 leading to the piston seperating from the rod.... ouch.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have put out a query for other SoCal Scion tC owners to aid us with dyno testing
I have 2 vehicles so you can use my car as a test car if you give me a free exhaust

I'm in Orange County, CA if you need my car.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Acasanova,

Our ability to capture video/sound as well as to perform dyno tests went down the tube along with Phillip's engine. I have put out a query for other SoCal Scion tC owners to aid us with dyno testing, and even offered a reduced price and installation. I have a few interested parties, now I just need to weed through them.

We will be creating a version of our exhaust that is just like the one on Phillip's tC, with a small resonator. No loss in power and great sound, even with a header installed.
Sounds good, your exhaust by far is the most aesthetically pleasing, however please dont take too long if what you say is true many of us here with header equipped TCs will buy your exhaust. My question to you is, in your R&D process there must have been a dyno performed if so what are the numbers ? We have been waiting for quite a while. And by all means dont disappear keep us posted, i guarantee you it will pay in the end. :D
Old 09-01-2005, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

BUmp, I wanna know how it sounds with this resonator thing, its gonna be almost 2 months now, update.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZodtC
BUmp, I wanna know how it sounds with this resonator thing, its gonna be almost 2 months now, update.
You do see my post up there ^ . Been a long time about a month dont count on draxas taking us seriously.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I lost touch with Phillip, the owner of the Scion tC we used for testing, over the last month or so. Finally got in touch with him earlier this week about another issue we need his help with (website design). I know he was supposed to get me some new vids, I'll ask him again.

Acasanova,

I take everyone seriously until Im given a reason not to take them seriously. That's just a general statement really, as the majority of people here are true in their intent and are just looking for ways to make their Scions better or unique.

One of my major issues, really, is with one of the other sponsors on this board who has an absolutely horrific track record for business ethics. And every time I see a board member refer business to said company or said company's owner post here about their supposed wonderful product, it just makes me sick. But anyways...

We are a small business, as many of you know. We dont have the money to carry multiple variations of our Scion tC exhaust at this time, simply because the exhaust systems are so expensive to manufacture due to their high quality.

This is one of those difficult times that most small busienesses go through in their life. Our reputation and popularity is growing faster than we can financially support at this time. My number one goal is to make it through this years SEMA convention, where we have a booth, making sure to represent our company well. We have a 2006 Ford Fusion given to us for free to modify for this years SEMA show, so that is VERY high on our list as well.

As for the Scion tC.... We have been selling our exhaust system for a couple months now. Those who have purchased the kit are happy with the quality, the sound, and the performance gains our kit offers. It took us a while to earn a name for ourselves in the Mazda3 market, but now we are pretty much regarded the highest quality kit available for the Mazda3. It took some time over there, and expect the same thing to occur here. However, one thing that will help us is that we will have our exhaust on display at SEMA and will be able to answer questions from potential distributors and enthusiasts interested in our Scion tC exhaust system.

I check the boards every day to see if I have any personal messages or if there are any posts related to Draxas. If you have questions for me, you can post them here or email me directly. Nikolas@Draxas.com

Draxas isnt going away and we arent going to give up on the Scion tC market. It is a market we want to be in for as long as we possibly can.

Quick Reply: Pics updated for Draxas Scion tC Exhaust System