Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

PTUNING Competition Front Billet Motor Mount (w/ Pic & Pricing)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely very nice...especially since people won't have to press it themselves.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

i might be being this soon but i have to find sum1 to install them ughhh that's the tough part
Old 06-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcday
i might be being this soon but i have to find sum1 to install them ughhh that's the tough part
This is one of the easier mount to replace. Should take you no more than an hour with simple hand tools.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 06-21-2010, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I have the ES mounts. But plan on getting the Xtreme front. So, X front with side and rear ES mounts. Motor is not going ANYWHERE...lol.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want one of these!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smoke is doing what I assume ptunning did I doubt they been rollings around with stock mounts. So I'm still waiting on feed back from one one who just has that single front mount.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I have the ES mounts. But plan on getting the Xtreme front. So, X front with side and rear ES mounts. Motor is not going ANYWHERE...lol.
Originally Posted by speedy000
Smoke is doing what I assume ptunning did I doubt they been rollings around with stock mounts. So I'm still waiting on feed back from one one who just has that single front mount.
That will be our setup for the 2011 race season

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Stock mounts = FAIL...
Old 06-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Stock mounts = FAIL...
Especially on FI Scion tC.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

are the xtereme and street the same ?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Same color, that's about it.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

ooo ok yea i thought since its the same color they were the same product but nvm
Old 06-22-2010, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone know if the front mount of the TC is the same as the front mount on the 2008-2011 xB2? I would be very interested in the front mount for my 2010 xB..........
Old 06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Eventhough, we have decided to make both the Street and Xtreme in black, the xtreme insert is much stiffer than the street version insert.

Same color, that's about it.
That is correct.

Originally Posted by Puredrive
Does anyone know if the front mount of the TC is the same as the front mount on the 2008-2011 xB2? I would be very interested in the front mount for my 2010 xB..........
This is a good question. We will look into this possible cross-fitment. We will post info as soon as we are able to confirm.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 10-14-2010, 09:24 PM

Hello everyone,

I purchased the front mount about a week ago. The mount came well wrapped and out the box ready for install. The mount itself looks very well made, no question, you pay for a high quality piece. The mount is a very solid piece of billet and well designed. I purchased the Xtreme mount. The install was a joke, three bolts and two tools.

Once I fired up the car the first thing i noticed was the vibration throughout the entire car, so it’s a very solid mount. It’s crazy how one mount can make such a drastic change. However the difference, in which I notice the car perform, was very minimal, to the point where the only thing that is notice is the vibration in the car and added noise.

Now, I’m not bashing the mount. I think that its application would be very useful for a tC that is going to need the most optimal performance output. For my car where all I do is speed to and from work and on occasion I engage in small street race wars, its truly not worth it.

Let me say again the mount is a super piece of equipment. Value to dollar its worth every bit of it, just not for a car where modifications is minimal and daily drivers.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by squerlyq
Hello everyone,

I purchased the front mount about a week ago. The mount came well wrapped and out the box ready for install. The mount itself looks very well made, no question, you pay for a high quality piece. The mount is a very solid piece of billet and well designed. I purchased the Xtreme mount. The install was a joke, three bolts and two tools.

Once I fired up the car the first thing i noticed was the vibration throughout the entire car, so it’s a very solid mount. It’s crazy how one mount can make such a drastic change. However the difference, in which I notice the car perform, was very minimal, to the point where the only thing that is notice is the vibration in the car and added noise.

Now, I’m not bashing the mount. I think that its application would be very useful for a tC that is going to need the most optimal performance output. For my car where all I do is speed to and from work and on occasion I engage in small street race wars, its truly not worth it.

Let me say again the mount is a super piece of equipment. Value to dollar its worth every bit of it, just not for a car where modifications is minimal and daily drivers.
Thank you for your detail feedback.
Yes, we did our main testing on turboed and supercharged Scion tC, where it made a huge difference in reducing wheel hop during hard acceleration. As for the lightly modified Scion tC, you will probably notice it less. However, the vibration that you a feeling throughout the car due to the xtreme setup shows that the mount is working.

If you are not looking to go FI anytime soon, you can always purchase the softer insert (street version). We now offer them for sale separately.

Here is a direct link to the inserts:
http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...81st%20Gen.%29

Please contact us if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Hello everyone,

I purchased the front mount about a week ago. The mount came well wrapped and out the box ready for install. The mount itself looks very well made, no question, you pay for a high quality piece. The mount is a very solid piece of billet and well designed. I purchased the Xtreme mount. The install was a joke, three bolts and two tools. v y

How much you want for it? Ill take the Xtreme off your hands and you can go to a Street mount, or go back to stock.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:00 PM

Ill be keeping the mount. I just might swap out the bushing. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ill be keeping the mount. I just might swap out the bushing. Thanks for the offer though.
Bummer....lol. No biggie, plan on getting the Xtreme since I track my tC a lot. So, thought would ask. Is this the only mount you have? I have the full ES mounts installed. Plan on running the Xtreme front with ES side and rear.

With just a front installed it will vibrate more than with all 3 replaced.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: Living in the Omaha, NE area, traveling all over the continent

Just for reference, can you give us an idea of how much stiffer than stock this mount is with the street bushing? On a car with minimal power adders and no problems with wheel-hop will it make a noticable difference?

Quick Reply: PTUNING Competition Front Billet Motor Mount (w/ Pic & Pricing)