Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Pulled over for the Megan Drift Spec Cat Back Yesterday ..

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Pulled over for the Megan Drift Spec Cat Back Yesterday ..

I stayed in 2nd and rolled a stop sign right down the street from my house.

I accelerated and I spotted the cop (10:30pm driving home from work) and I was thinking "oh ****" and all of a sudden the blue and reds come on and I get pulled over. He gave me a lecture on how "mufflers" are used to make cars quieter and he was being a ___ to me asking why I would want my car louder?

and all i could say was, "because i like the sound ..?"

anyways, I was driving on suspended license, no insurance, and they searched my car and found things they weren't supposed to ..

it was a bad night, and i'm still down about it. my friend that drives a 04 white type s modded like mad got pulled over SAME stop sign, for his Hi-Power.

Same cops too. Some high ranking officer and his b!tch quiett newbie partner that just shadows him -.-

he was pulled over a week before, and he lives 2 blocks down from me.

Del Mar/Carmel Valley area is getting burnt like no other. New Police Station was built here and they've been strict and by the book like no other nowadays. No Mercy.

Does anyone know if I can just put my silencer on and have it checked off or whatever?

Makes me double think of having such a loud exhaust. I mean seriously, my mom knows when I leave and come into my street what ever time of the night it is. But then again I do love the roar it has. Damn man ... I miss my car.

Venting on SL works must I say though :p

If someone actually read all this, thanks for tuning in! haha

cops can suck one btw :p
Old 03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate pigs.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just Butthead cops Sorry to hear that Man
Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

get trd or tanabe
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Pulled over for the Megan Drift Spec Cat Back Yesterday

Originally Posted by drivinkrn
I stayed in 2nd and rolled a stop sign right down the street from my house.

I accelerated and I spotted the cop (10:30pm driving home from work) and I was thinking "oh ****" and all of a sudden the blue and reds come on and I get pulled over. He gave me a lecture on how "mufflers" are used to make cars quieter and he was being a butt to me asking why I would want my car louder?

and all i could say was, "because i like the sound ..?"

anyways, I was driving on suspended license, no insurance, and they searched my car and found things they weren't supposed to ..

it was a bad night, and i'm still down about it. my friend that drives a 04 white type s modded like mad got pulled over SAME stop sign, for his Hi-Power.

Same cops too. Some high ranking officer and his biscuit quiett newbie partner that just shadows him -.-

he was pulled over a week before, and he lives 2 blocks down from me.

Del Mar/Carmel Valley area is getting burnt like no other. New Police Station was built here and they've been strict and by the book like no other nowadays. No Mercy.

Does anyone know if I can just put my silencer on and have it checked off or whatever?

Makes me double think of having such a loud exhaust. I mean seriously, my mom knows when I leave and come into my street what ever time of the night it is. But then again I do love the roar it has. Damn man ... I miss my car.

Venting on SL works must I say though :p

If someone actually read all this, thanks for tuning in! haha

What exactly are you complaining about?
This is about as stupid as my cousin who ended up in the same situation as you but he was pulled over for weaving in and out of the carpool lanes without passengers.
I say about as stupid because at least you didn't try as hard as he did to attract attention.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hes just asking wut he should do for his exhasut.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

About mufflers im with you on that the cop is a pig, but suspended license, no insurance.. things theyre not supposed? illegal? man, the cop pulled over the right person.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by PartieBoiTc4
hes just asking wut he should do for his exhasut.
put the silencer on, try to have it checked off.. not then back to stock, at least the axle back
Old 03-05-2008, 11:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

suspended license yup. reguardless though i know i probably had it coming. either way i just wish cops wouldn't be such dicks as far as mods go.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:32 PM
SL Member

its not like he got pulled over for being a bad driver. Ide rather be on the road with someone who got pulled over for loud exhaust with no license than someone with a license that drives 100mph
Old 03-05-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You do realize that it probably says "for off road use only" on the box your muffler came in for a reason right? And i'm sure your license isn't suspended for no good reason right? Maybe you should quit putting money into your car and start paying your fines and save up for the impound fees. I can't stand it when people _____ about an officer doing his job. Maybe you should shift so your exhaust isn't hella loud in the first place.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't mean to lecture, but...

1- Get your license "unsuspended."
2- Get insurance.
3- Put down the "stuff he shouldnt have found"
4- Figure out local ordinances, and comply.

He might have just given you a lecture, and let you off, had you had a proper license, proper insurance, and no illicit substances in the car.

A silencer might help to stop you from getting noticed, but in The People's Republic of Kalifornia, you're responsible for passing visual inspections as well, so it may not be enough. It genuinely does suck, but consider it a product of all this "global warming" hype and tendencies to completely over-legislate.

This is the kind of trouble that can screw up your record for down the line. I personally don't have a problem with people doing whatever they like to themselves or their cars... but for some reason, the law exists, and criminal records will never look good when applying for a real job. I mean, you DO want to move out of the house, right? You DO want to get a degree, make something of yourself, and eventually drive up to your own house? Got to pay to play, and got to play by the rules at that.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol thanks guys
Old 03-05-2008, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i recommend you put the stock axle-back cause either way if you take it with the silencer they might not want to let you pass cause it's still louder than stock with the silencer and they know that you'll just leave it on.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:02 PM
SL Member

Default Re: Pulled over for the Megan Drift Spec Cat Back Yesterday

Originally Posted by drivinkrn

Sorry but you are ____ing retard to every extent here. You can't hate the cops, they are doing their job. But you on the other hand are driving with an expended license, no insurance and "substances" that should not have been in your car?

Give me a ____ing break you moron. I will laugh all the way to the 7 - ***** - ____ing - 11 seeing guys like you.

Idiot.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trust me if u dealt with the _______ pigs i have u would hate them too.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can get it signed off, but if you want my stock for your megan the cop will be happy and so will the horses. where the surf meets the turf or thee debree meets the sea. i've got full straight pipes and live by the court house and sheriff station with no problems but makes dui harder at 2am
Old 03-06-2008, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i know i ____ed up. thanks for calling me an idiot -it warms my heart there flint 08, fellow tC bud :p

all in all, i learned my lesson~ gotta follow the rules i get it. :]

i have a stock exhaust too, i'm thinking of maybe selling my megan :/

thanks for the input guys~
Old 03-06-2008, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this is why i heart my town and cops... i work with the fire and ambulance in the town... which helps me get out of alot of tixx... one cop's words .."hey, my parents still live here and i work here, i may need you...".... i digress... but back to your case man, that sucks donkey *****, and i know how loud the megan can be.,.. thats the set up im running lol.. if i were you, with how strict they are in cali, i would get as close to legal as possible and get all that other suspended stuff etc straightened out... gl with all that... and PS... dress nice when you go to court, lol
Old 03-06-2008, 10:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HAHA yeah, i've gone plenty times. lol thanks man!

hey btw i was BORN in new jersey! my whole family's from east coast. lol random

Quick Reply: Pulled over for the Megan Drift Spec Cat Back Yesterday ..