Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

radiator cooling plate.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
Originally Posted by Dr_Isotope
Originally Posted by ef91hatch
from what i hear it directs more air to the radiator thus making the engine cooler. although i highly doubt it would greatly effect the performance since toyota designed that car.
Won't have any performance impact whatsoever. Anyone who tells you different is desperately trying to sell you something. Hell, I produce the ABS panels, and will gladly tell you that aside from looking pretty, their only function is to stop you from dorpping tools into the gap between the bumper cover and the radiator.

You can pick up one of the Greddy panels for ~$75 shipped on eBay. There are always listings going.

Yeah, I got mine from ebay for 30$ shipped. Black plastic and does what it's supposed to I guess. I just wanted a cover for that gap.
yeah i wanted a littl more bling. so i got the greddy one. but i need to get my car sounding right. i dont wanna rice out my car with every little doo daad unless i have a little bit of rumble. i ight have a custom exhaust done this weekend dunno. un less i can find a 07 intake for around 200 or so shipped
Old 11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
from what i hear it directs more air to the radiator thus making the engine cooler. although i highly doubt it would greatly effect the performance since toyota designed that car.
Won't have any performance impact whatsoever. Anyone who tells you different is desperately trying to sell you something. Hell, I produce the ABS panels, and will gladly tell you that aside from looking pretty, their only function is to stop you from dorpping tools into the gap between the bumper cover and the radiator.

You can pick up one of the Greddy panels for ~$75 shipped on eBay. There are always listings going.

Yeah, I got mine from ebay for 30$ shipped. Black plastic and does what it's supposed to I guess. I just wanted a cover for that gap.
yeah i wanted a littl more bling. so i got the greddy one. but i need to get my car sounding right. i dont wanna rice out my car with every little doo daad unless i have a little bit of rumble. i ight have a custom exhaust done this weekend dunno. un less i can find a 07 intake for around 200 or so shipped

Just make sure you don't get a generic canister style exhaust b/c you will have the fart sound if you do. It's hard getting a good sound with small engines the rev high. I'm getting my spintech in this week and adding another 14" resonator to my midpipe with an 18" resonator already on it. I hope this will be a nice, deep sound. I've just got a good bit of rasp on mine right now.

Sorry..................back on topic.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

http://www.dezod.com/pd_injen_cold_a...aketc_0506.cfm

intake $269 shipped for 07
Old 11-21-2006, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
Originally Posted by web

Just make sure you don't get a generic canister style exhaust b/c you will have the fart sound if you do. It's hard getting a good sound with small engines the rev high. I'm getting my spintech in this week and adding another 14" resonator to my midpipe with an 18" resonator already on it. I hope this will be a nice, deep sound. I've just got a good bit of rasp on mine right now.

Sorry..................back on topic.
well i waana get my muffler shop to do a axel back with a mangna flow but i want to keep thestock exhaust tip if i can. i hate exhaust systems the that have big ___ tips
Old 11-21-2006, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha lame they changed the a $$ word i type in...... lol