Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Rattling Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Rattling Exhaust

So I stupidly bought some Tsudo axleback exhaust off of ebay, had a friend install it and found out 2 weeks later it has melted my bumper. Now it just rattles against my bumper...is there ANYTHING i can do to get it off of my bumper? Metal hangers or somethin? Replies are greatly appreciated!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u have to bend the bracket a lil... pls read and search first. this u have to do with all tsudos for the tc
Old 02-27-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

that happen to me also but for some reason it is not doing it anymore since i put on my new header but i was told that i am going to need to bend the hanger at the rear or lower it a little bit more.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

you could always shove something into the rubber hanger like i did. my PM rested against my rs1 rear lip, and i didnt feel like melting it, so i shoved a 22mm socket int he rear-most rubber exhaust hanger to make it sit lower. That was a couple of months ago, and i havent had any problems iwth it yet.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks very much guys... i will probably stick something in there for now, then bend it when i can get her in the stand
Old 02-28-2007, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I completely feel ya brother...I went through hell this last summer trying to get the right exhaust set up. I started out a 1 1/2 ago with a GReddy EVO 2 exhaust. Was not completely happy and got a DC sports header. The exhaust sounded great until about 3-4 x 1000 RPM and there was a rasp. That did not bother me too much and then I got stubborn and wanted more exhaust compenents and got the ZPI s-pipe and mid-pipe installed on my car. OMG, this was the ugliest and loudest sounding exhaust I had ever heard. I was embarressed to drive my car around and instantly had my factor header installed and my DC sports removed. When I did this, my exhaust got pushed out the back about 2 inches and was real close to my bumper and burnt some of the paint under it. I went to exhaust pro and had them pull my exhaust down and retigthen my flanges and bolts and it sits great. I now have a factor header, ZPI s-pipe, ZPI mid-pipe, and GReddy EVO 2 exhaust system. It sounds great and I am completely happy because there is no rasp at all. Exhaust is a good upgrade but it is not necessary. If you are running a turbo system, the exhaust is necessary and sounds great because of the turbo/exhaust running together. If you have a supercharger set up, just get a good cat back system and move out of exhaust upgrades!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks man. The rasp is pretty annoying, (i have the dc header too) but now i am mostly worried about the rattling considering i dont want to lose the power loss of removing the header. I took the advice of putting a socket in the rubber hanger to lower it, but since i have the crappy "sport look" of the exhaust coming out at an angle, it rubs on the side... I'm gonna try to bend the metal piece coming off the exhaust but idk if that will help the side to side factor. anyone else buy a Tsudo exhaust on ebay and have this problem?