Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

royal purple

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 10:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nolanspawn
I used it in my previous car and plan to use it in the TC. Howver the prices you guys are talking about is rediulous. $10 a quart...where the hell are you buying it. I pay $6.50 a quart. I dont use their tranny fluid though, I use Redline MT-90
Exaccctlllyyy...

I'm paying the same I did for Mobile1 and the Royal Purple makes the engine run even smoother so I don't see it as a waste of money. If I have better and more consistant shifts at the track with the Synchroshift tranny fluid then yes I'll vouche for them. I'll always support any part or mod that makes more power or for better times, and without sacraficing reliability. This stuff "supposedly" adds more reliability so if I can make for a smoother engine, why not?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm using R.P. in my manual tranny and I love it, never tried the motor oil, but I think I will now.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're getting RP and M1 at the same price then go for it. I haven't found Royal Purple in convenient locations and they're expensive there so I opt to go for the cheaper alternative of Mobil 1.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Originally Posted by nolanspawn
I used it in my previous car and plan to use it in the TC. Howver the prices you guys are talking about is rediulous. $10 a quart...where the hell are you buying it. I pay $6.50 a quart. I dont use their tranny fluid though, I use Redline MT-90
Exaccctlllyyy...

I'm paying the same I did for Mobile1 and the Royal Purple makes the engine run even smoother so I don't see it as a waste of money. If I have better and more consistant shifts at the track with the Synchroshift tranny fluid then yes I'll vouche for them. I'll always support any part or mod that makes more power or for better times, and without sacraficing reliability. This stuff "supposedly" adds more reliability so if I can make for a smoother engine, why not?
+1

i support royal purple and use their oils. i use lucas oil products as well. i haven't tried redline products yet. a smoother running engine is the first thing i noticed when i started using RP in the tc. did it make more hp? I'm not sure because it's barely noticable. i also paid about 6.50 a quart, which is a little more than mobil one. for those that have nevered used royal purple, the oil is actually purple. some people seemed to be surprised when they hear that
Old 09-21-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you pay for what you get.

i know this is kind of off topic but id like to share.
its just like buying a diamond. such and such place may have a diamond at "x" amount of dollars and so and so place may have it at a lower amount of dollars. but their quality may not be the same as the other place.

just my two cents
Old 09-21-2006, 06:31 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AmsOil is great oil. Cheaper than Royal Purple but a little more than Mobil 1. 0W/30 runs great for our cars and helps on long trips in cold weather.