Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ruh-roh. i might have some trans problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

Default ruh-roh. i might have some trans problems

ok, so last night, at 1230 am, i parked my car and went inside and went to bed. Everything was great with it. nothing different from any other time i've driven.

today, 845, after sitting for 8 hours, i go to drive, and it's extremely hard to get into gear. any gear. 1-5. in first gear, if i have the clutch all the way to the floor, its still grabbing a little and moving the car forward. if i push in the clutch most of the way but not all the way, shifting isn't ridiculously hard, but not smooth like it usually is.

I've got an upgraded clutch thats supposed to hold 450whp/tq that only has ~35k on it from falcon clutch. I have a short shifter and the fidanza 9lb flywheel. OEM TOB. I've used Eaneos trans fluid for a long while now.
Thats about all the info on my trans. and it's stock with 116k miles.

I have a small leak for my transfluid though... if i were to have run out, would this be the cause of the shifting improperly? i figure this would be a gradual thing and not park it and then all of a sudden it doesn't want to shift.

i was also thinking it could possibly be the master slave cylinder, because i guess that could just go out instead of being gradual.

anyone else have a problem like this or might know what my problem might be?
Old 02-03-2012, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How do you like the Eneos compared to the stock fluid? Im gonna use it when i refiill after i put my rebuilt block in. But yea im thinking its the slave cylinder. If all else fails...pick up another tranny for $300-$500 depending on where u go.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

i really like the eneos. I used redline before that. I only started using eneos due to a shipping error when i bought my brake kit. never switched back since then. And I picked up a bunch of it at less than 10 a quart because the stores computers were down