Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

S/C Replacement Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 01:48 PM
SL Member

Default S/C Replacement Parts

I have had an order in with shopTRD.com since February for a few missing parts in my S/C kit. I finally got tired of the run around and cancelled the order. I figured I could either make parts or find aftermarket parts to replace most everything I was missing. I'm not missing much.

The only thing that I'm really having a hard time with is part #27 in the installation manual. It's the Hex "T" oil feed fitting. This is also the part that shopTRD just couldn't manage to get out of the TRD people. Something similar has to be sold in a million different places, but I don't know what threading to look for. Anyone have any ideas?

If I could find a solution to this part I could FINALLY put this kit in.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:57 PM
SL Member

Sorry. I put this in the wrong spot.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:14 PM
SL Member

Ok... I brought my calipers home from work, so I'll figure this out myself. I'll post the threading specs for future reference since this appears to be a part in the TRD supercharger kit that is a problem to get ahold of. I'll go ahead and tack on the mating connector part numbers for the CPS extension bundle while I'm at it.

Could one of you kind mods move this thread to the FI section so I don't look/feel like an idiot for posting in the wrong one?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trdsparks.com i ordered s/c parts couple months ago and got them in 4 days of calling them call and ask for ken tell him what you need and he will get it for sure
Old 06-10-2010, 03:06 AM
SL Member

I've been meaning to call them up, but it seems like the part number of the part that I really need doesn't show up on their website.

PTR41-2105

They seem to do the part numbers differently in the newer kits (2007+). When I was talking to the shopTRD people, they couldn't really find many individual parts in the system. They were all expensive sets of parts. I opted to try my luck and order the individual parts from the 2005-2006 kit so that I wouldn't have to pay the rediculous amount of money for a few cheap parts.

I dunno.. with the exception of the more expensive thermostat, it might actually be cheaper to get the parts from other places. I'll call trdsparks and see what they say. If they have to backorder the parts from TRD, then I'm right back where I started.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its better to use the trd thermostat its set at a lower temp the s/c puts off alot of heat thats one of the parts i got just talk to ken he knows all the stuff