Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

scion tc vs. mazdaspeed3

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Originally Posted by TRDChargedtC
i owned 2 mazdasped 3 before my tc.... everything is great on the car besides the tranny mount breaking..... great power i ran a 13.87 stock in a quarter
How the heck did you own 2 mazdaspeed3's already? They have been out what like 1.5-2yrs now.
i bought my first mazdaspeed jan 5th 2007 it was a flint mica and i had it for about 5 months and had 6500 miles on it and i was driving down the interstate one day going about 60 and the tranny mount bolt backed out and the motor fell to the ground... they fixed the car after about a month and i got the car back and it was not just right... so they bought the car back and i got a red... the first week i had it i got the so called recall mount installed... i drove this one very easy and never been on the track with it... within two months the bolt was coming out so i had f this and im getting another cheaper car.. im not paying 24g for a brand new stock car that cant keep from breaking..
Old 12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i owned 2 mazdasped 3 before my tc.... everything is great on the car besides the tranny mount breaking..... great power i ran a 13.87 stock in a quarter
How the heck did you own 2 mazdaspeed3's already? They have been out what like 1.5-2yrs now.
i bought my first mazdaspeed jan 5th 2007 it was a flint mica and i had it for about 5 months and had 6500 miles on it and i was driving down the interstate one day going about 60 and the tranny mount bolt backed out and the motor fell to the ground... they fixed the car after about a month and i got the car back and it was not just right... so they bought the car back and i got a red... the first week i had it i got the so called recall mount installed... i drove this one very easy and never been on the track with it... within two months the bolt was coming out so i had f this and im getting another cheaper car.. im not paying 24g for a brand new stock car that cant keep from breaking..
learn to drive a manual car.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ i dont think driving has to do with it.. it definitely is an issues thats why they did a recall.. I cant imagine how a mount will break coz you're not good in driving a manual
Old 12-02-2008, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
^^ i dont think driving has to do with it.. it definitely is an issues thats why they did a recall.. I cant imagine how a mount will break coz you're not good in driving a manual
+1

Hypothetical - an inexperienced driver with a FWD torque-monster will break other things, far before the mounts.

Namely, driveshafts. Then transmission internals. Then perhaps piston/crank attachment points. Of course, you need very sticky tires, and an uphill grade.

Which leads me to my second point. Don't let valets drive your car. Yes, I have a personal experience (VW VR6, valet shattered driveshaft).
Old 12-02-2008, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2azfeboost
learn to drive a manual car.
Learn to troll.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what you mean by troll?? lol and thank you guys for taking up for me "boost" must like critisizing people... i can drive that deffinately aint the problem...