Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ScionSpeed Stage 2 Turbo FINALLY Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

On clubsciontc, there was another car with the scionspeed stageII posted a couple of weeks ago....check it out at the engine mod forum with pix too! So, there is actually 2 cars with SS turbo kits installed
Old 08-11-2005, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Azure Pearl tc
On clubsciontc, there was another car with the scionspeed stageII posted a couple of weeks ago....check it out at the engine mod forum with pix too! So, there is actually 2 cars with SS turbo kits installed
And for the lazy just Click Here. The monster size 56k warning pics start on page 3.

On a further note I hope everything turns out okay for Simez2003.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GoSwim
Sounds like your running lean, but that doesn't explain why the wheel is locking. If the engine turns off the wheel shouldn't lock as long as the car is in the on position. Anyone else have anything to add?
nah it sounds like a wiring fault or overheating and it's shutting itself off.

watch your temps and take the car back to get it fixed.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sounds too scary for me. Wouldn't want to cross a main street if the engine just shuts off like that! Definitely take it back.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah stalling with an 18 wheeler headed towards you will ruin your week
Old 08-11-2005, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simez2003
I just got home from a night of racing and wow i love this kit. The sound of the blow off valve is enuff to make me soil my pants. However, i did encounter a major problem with the car, and was wondering if anyone knowledgeable could pinpoint what the problem could be? On three different ocassions, all at speeds of 25mph and slower my car just shut off and the wheel locked leaving me with no control of the car. This is quite a scary feeling and i need to find out what it is ASAP. The only thing i could think of is that im still running a stock exhaust which I know doesnt allow the release of proper air flow. Could this lack of air flow cause my car to just shut down as a defense mechanism? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I will post pics 2marrow afternoon, however since i dont have a digital camera they will be very blurry.
Hate to say it... It's poor tuning. You're probably running rich, because of the atmospheric bov that may sound good, but ultimately is tearing down your motor.

Expect fouled spark plugs and other small issues from runnign pig rich at idle/let-off. Basically the bov vents, and the air the MAF thought was going into the intake manifold is no longer getting there. This means there's WAY too much fuel and the car runs so rich it stalls.

2 Solutions:
Re-circulate the bov
If using the emanage, us the anti-stall feature and tune it accordingly until it stops stalling.

Good luck with everything.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Pics?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe@Dezod
I just got home from a night of racing and wow i love this kit. The sound of the blow off valve is enuff to make me soil my pants. However, i did encounter a major problem with the car, and was wondering if anyone knowledgeable could pinpoint what the problem could be? On three different ocassions, all at speeds of 25mph and slower my car just shut off and the wheel locked leaving me with no control of the car. This is quite a scary feeling and i need to find out what it is ASAP. The only thing i could think of is that im still running a stock exhaust which I know doesnt allow the release of proper air flow. Could this lack of air flow cause my car to just shut down as a defense mechanism? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I will post pics 2marrow afternoon, however since i dont have a digital camera they will be very blurry.
Hate to say it... It's poor tuning. You're probably running rich, because of the atmospheric bov that may sound good, but ultimately is tearing down your motor.

Expect fouled spark plugs and other small issues from runnign pig rich at idle/let-off. Basically the bov vents, and the air the MAF thought was going into the intake manifold is no longer getting there. This means there's WAY too much fuel and the car runs so rich it stalls.

2 Solutions:
Re-circulate the bov
If using the emanage, us the anti-stall feature and tune it accordingly until it stops stalling.

Correct as usual Joe. I had the same problem with my 90 Eclipse GSX when I vented the BOV to atmosphere. I put I VPC in tyhe car which eliminates the MAF and changes it to speed density. Took care of my problem but very costly. Do what Joe said and you'll be fine.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

just push the clutch in quickly when the engine stalls and you'll regain control! I saw a video of that happening to a 360 Modena @ a dragstrip and he definately hit the wall. It's worse with the tc though, since the drive wheels are also the wheels that steer
Old 08-11-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 Solutions:
Re-circulate the bov

oh my god.. a stage 2 kit doesn't even recirc the BOV?

yeah then its definitely running too rich. pull the plugs, recirc the BOV, get it tuned better and you shouldn't have the problem anymore.

that's friggin horrible they took this long to release a turbo kit thats not even setup the best (still venting to atmosphere).

good eye joe
Old 08-11-2005, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The BOV on a Turbo tC can be vented open. You just need to use the right BOV. I would be curious to see if the car has a piggy back on it? I know the guy on Club scion is using 550 with a stock ECU there is no way it will control them enough to let the car idle.

If you can not get it figured out give us a call I am sure that we can help you get it going even over the phone. If you have a Emanage we can send you a map that will keep the car from stalling

Thanks

-ZPI
Old 08-11-2005, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
The BOV on a Turbo tC can be vented open. You just need to use the right BOV. I would be curious to see if the car has a piggy back on it? I know the guy on Club scion is using 550 with a stock ECU there is no way it will control them enough to let the car idle.

If you can not get it figured out give us a call I am sure that we can help you get it going even over the phone. If you have a Emanage we can send you a map that will keep the car from stalling

Thanks

-ZPI
Yeah the guy on Club Scion is running a stage 1 SS turbo kit. The stage 1s only come with injectors. The stage 2 however will come with an emanage, so he should have the right hardware at least to fix the problem.

But yeah, some atmospheric BOVs will work, all on tuning and how sensitive the car is to it.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not sure what comes with what I am sure that the ECU will not control 550 injectors though.

Congrats on your kit it is looking good, I want to race it.......
Old 08-11-2005, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want to race it.......
and i want video of it
Old 08-11-2005, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
I want to race it.......
and i want video of it
and i want the loser's car
Old 08-11-2005, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks

-ZPI
Yeah the guy on Club Scion is running a stage 1 SS turbo kit. The stage 1s only come with injectors. The stage 2 however will come with an emanage, so he should have the right hardware at least to fix the problem.

But yeah, some atmospheric BOVs will work, all on tuning and how sensitive the car is to it.
I've been told by Jayson that there will be no emanage with the SS stage II kit.

No matter what it looks like the only way you'll ever get a SS kit is to go down and get it yourself.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

" Its BS! You dont have a turbo" Here are some pics for you non believers:

Old 08-12-2005, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet Congrats again man.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thx alot, i still need to ask u few questions whenever u get a chance.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

awsome, why do I feel as though I'm the only TC without boost? Damn, I wan't a turbo so bad, but the gixxer6 is first.

Quick Reply: ScionSpeed Stage 2 Turbo FINALLY Installed!