Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

sister put diesel in the tC...need some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

didnt someone else do this about 9 months ago??

i remember another thread....

glad everything is ok....some poeple just dont think
Old 08-11-2007, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dedall
This is why younger siblings suck .

Youve got a heart, Id kill!!! lol, well no im serious, Id beat the ____ out of my bro if that happened to me!
Old 08-11-2007, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 3min3m2
didnt someone else do this about 9 months ago??

i remember another thread....

glad everything is ok....some poeple just dont think
Possible but when I searched, I couldn't find any threads about the specific steps needed to fix this issue.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Whoop that trick, Whoop that trick" Deejay (Hustle & Flow)
or
make her drink diesel, see how she likes it.......
Old 08-12-2007, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: sister put diesel in the tC...need some feedback

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Most Diesel pumps will not fit into gas openings anymore because of that..........
Originally Posted by neworldOZ
i thought the deisel nozel was alittle bigger then the reguler nosel so it wouldnt fit in reg cars....

I was thinking the same thoughts. It is an industry standard for diesel nozzles to be a larger diameter than gasoline nozzles. I am not positive, but I think that federal law mandates that this size standard is required in order for a fuel pump to be certified?

Phungy –Did she use a gas can or fill from a farm tank? How did she manage to fit a diesel nozzle into the opening of a gasoline tank? If everything is legit, then forward her phone number because I have been looking for a ”dumb blonde” that is capable of doing this with ease… …… just joking I would never give out the #’s of my sisters.

If she filled from a station, then hopefully you have saved that gasoline receipt. It tells you what grade of gasoline she pumped and more specifically, what pump it came out of. Go back to that station and verify the evidence as soon as possible (before they have time to correct any mistakes). Take pictures of every pump nozzle (especially the diesel pumps) next to a tape measure. Also be sure to take a photo of the inspection sticker on the pump.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Budsmoke

I was thinking the same thoughts. It is an industry standard for diesel nozzles to be a larger diameter than gasoline nozzles. I am not positive, but I think that federal law mandates that this size standard is required in order for a fuel pump to be certified?

Phungy –Did she use a gas can or fill from a farm tank? How did she manage to fit a diesel nozzle into the opening of a gasoline tank? If everything is legit, then forward her phone number because I have been looking for a ”dumb blonde” that is capable of doing this with ease… …… just joking I would never give out the #’s of my sisters.

If she filled from a station, then hopefully you have saved that gasoline receipt. It tells you what grade of gasoline she pumped and more specifically, what pump it came out of. Go back to that station and verify the evidence as soon as possible (before they have time to correct any mistakes). Take pictures of every pump nozzle (especially the diesel pumps) next to a tape measure. Also be sure to take a photo of the inspection sticker on the pump.
I never thought of that (taking pictures) but I'll be sure to do that when I head back up for school.

Who would I report this to? the State?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phungy
Originally Posted by Budsmoke

I never thought of that (taking pictures) but I'll be sure to do that when I head back up for school.

Who would I report this to? the State?
Won't work. According to the lady at my Toyota dealership, the diesel pump nozzless in Florida are the same size as the regular gas pump nozzles. Interestingly enough, we got into the conversation when a Toyota Camry was brought in with the same problem...

Besides, just because the pump didn't fit doesn't mean people wouldn't put diesel into their cars. Most would try to force it in, and probably ruin the pump.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i found her:

Old 08-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Dedall
This is why younger siblings suck .

Oh wow! that really sucks, hate to see a tC like that
Old 08-15-2007, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No idea where you guys live but i know for a fact the nozzle for diesel and unleaded are the same.

As far as nozzle sizes...we use UNLEADED gas, the only way your going to find a nozzle that is larger is for LEADED gas.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i heard that someone put a garden hoes in the tank and sucked the diesel out and then filled it with regular gas and it ran fine... but they got rushed to the hospital and died shortly after... i guess they forgot to take their lips off of the hose. sucks i know but thats why that get for putting a metal hose int the gas tank in the middle of winter after they licked their lips... reminds me of a movie i saw when i was a kid when some kid liked a flag poll. not very smart if you ask me.