Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Something you regret doing to your tc?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL
Old 09-27-2006, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i left my dog for 10mins, going inside albertsons.

she left 2 packages, one wet and the other dry both on the passenger floor mats.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member

Clear Bra is extremely expensive. I looked into it. Here's the text from the email explaining what it covers and how much it costs:

Hello Mike,
Thank you for your interest in AeroTect. The cost to protect your scion tc is $567.94. This price includes protection for your hood, fenders, mirrors, bumper, sales tax and installation. We use the newest 3M paint protection film available.Both your film and your installation come with a 5 year warranty. Your scion will take about 3 hours to install and you will need an appointment.

Thanks again,
Jeanne / AeroTect
(866) 388-AERO
But if you have the money, and you plan on keeping your tC for a long time, definitely get one!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mud/Rick huge fist size dent on fender, Rock dent on hood =/

New CF Soon though! and Thinking 350Z orange paint job!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: rock chips?

Originally Posted by whalentC
You want to stop the rock chips?? I have the easier solution and it doesn't involve buying a ugly clear bra. STOP TAILGATING!!! My wife has the same problem with rock chips on her 05 V6 Accord and when I rode along with her and we were so close to the car infront of us that I could have spit forward and actually hit the car. Seriously, rock chips (for the most part) come from following too closely so if you have more than a handfull, slow down and pace your space. Your car will thank you for it!
my chips come from passing by 16 wheelers...

I try to pass them quickly but people drive too slow down here...can't pass quickly enough.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

clear bra x100 lol
Old 09-27-2006, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: rock chips?

Originally Posted by Tito_Cruz
Originally Posted by whalentC
You want to stop the rock chips?? I have the easier solution and it doesn't involve buying a ugly clear bra. STOP TAILGATING!!! My wife has the same problem with rock chips on her 05 V6 Accord and when I rode along with her and we were so close to the car infront of us that I could have spit forward and actually hit the car. Seriously, rock chips (for the most part) come from following too closely so if you have more than a handfull, slow down and pace your space. Your car will thank you for it!
my chips come from passing by 16 wheelers...

I try to pass them quickly but people drive too slow down here...can't pass quickly enough.
I get mine from passing under rickety ___ bridges. In the city of bridges,Pittsburgh, it's hard to stay away from them
Old 09-27-2006, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

Originally Posted by melvynray
Originally Posted by leekeestc
i regret leaving the trunk open and backing into the garage...
i did the same thing when i pulled out!!!
I opened mine in my garage the first day I had it ... low concrete celling = bad

I regret not being more careful with the silver plastic center console pieces and hu, they got scratched up while sitting on the floor in back when I was installing my hu. Its not that I was rough with them, on the contrary I was VERY gentle, the finish is just super delicate.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota really cut corners on our paint. It sucks and chips if you just stare at it the wrong way.

I regret not going forced induction first. Spent as much on small improvement mods as a turbo would have cost.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tikbhoy
i left my dog for 10mins, going inside albertsons.

she left 2 packages, one wet and the other dry both on the passenger floor mats.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i regret delivering pizzas in it when it was brand new
Old 09-30-2006, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i regret buying my car when i did because the 06 si came out liek 3 months later lol...dammit man...sucks! and it wudda bin like 3k cheaper than what i paid for mine
Old 09-30-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I SOMEWHAT regret not doing a full HID retrofit..I sorta like the sharp cutoff line bouncing up and down while driving lol
Old 09-30-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I regret taking a blind turn to fast and hitting a deer. But i got my hood repainted so no rock chips any more as of right now at least.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member

i regret letting my gf drive my car.... she went into the garage at a really bad angle and scratched passenger side door, then tried to back out and made it worse... all i could do is sit there and watch in pain.

i also regret parking my car outside in a rainstorm, because it started to hail, ***** of ice larger then a marble... who knew it could hail so badly in southern california.. this was like 2 years ago.. it left a nice little dent on my hood...
Old 10-01-2006, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member

Ditto on buying the tc in the first place, i was on the waiting list for a 06 si, got impatientBUT, on the other hand the more i see the less i like that cr from any angle, i traded a 03 wrb wrx for the tc after months of searching for another wrx in my area. I still fall in love with the tc everytime i see it, just lose some when i drive it lol, oh well its a love hate relationship.BTW my g/f just wrecked it the other day and the insurance money gets me a bodykit so im not mad at her anymore...
Old 10-01-2006, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ?

Originally Posted by gomdangie
Originally Posted by Itachi
what is clear bra, how do you use it.
when they wear it, u see it right through...
OWNED
Old 10-02-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dex
i regret turning my ride into a toy rather than the daily driver it was supposed to be.
Haha. Yep this car is like my new hobby. I could get rich if I got a dollar for everytime I pop the hood on my ride.

There is always something that needs some attention. But it's cool cause the wife has something new to poke fun at me with. She always laughs, cause after I park it I inspect my distance to other cars/objects -and when I come back I always inspect for door dings

I regret not getting a manual...and the time I tried to turn sharp while going 40 and there was a puddle (from sprinklers)...That was stupid...but with no water that would have been no problem
Old 10-04-2006, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont worry my car gets a full liek 120 point inspection as well everytime i return 2 the parking lot lol....im almost 2 the point where id write down the license plate numbers of the cars parked next to me so when I do return I have some possible suspects if I find any discrepancies...if one more thing happens to my car without me in it i have no choice...
Old 10-04-2006, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LaMbO_tC
im almost 2 the point where id write down the license plate numbers of the cars parked next to me so when I do return I have some possible suspects if I find any discrepancies

im already at that point, seems that someone seriously hates me.........every week theres a new scratch of some sort on my car or ding on my doors from retards not being careful when they park next to me.........

things i regret doing to my car:
definately getting the MMW header......holy crap the raspy noises are not worth the 20 or so HP gain especially since i plan on gettin turbo......
i also regret not getting the other spoiler scion offers.....
AND
i regret using touch up paint provided by scion to paint over some scratches that were on my car.......it looks horrible now in the spots i painted

Quick Reply: Something you regret doing to your tc?