Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Something you regret doing to your tc?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I regret not putting the clear bra on - I bought it but never got around to putting it on and I have a bunch of rock chips.

I bought an automatic in 2004 before anyone else had one. It was one of the first ones off the line. I regreted buying the Automatic so much that I traded it in for a manual in Feb. 2006. That was just a dumb mistake but the thing I hate the most was that the first one was white (LOVED IT) and my new one is Black Sand Pearl (HATE IT- but am dealing with it). I wanted to paint it a completely different color but don't want to invest $3,000 just for that.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by bsmith11
i regret nothing execpt speeding in it. 2 tickets and no liscense at the moment.
Ouch! How bad were those 2 tickets?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well one was just a regular 10-15 over and second was reckless driving...the cop says i was "street racing" but i was bymyself on a 4 lane road at midnight with no one else....guess i smoked em huh? haha but i really dont race...i was on my way home just doing 75 in a 45....___ crap
Old 04-13-2007, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I regret driving my car to work everyday. about 3-4 months ago, got off work from the midnight shift, went to the parking lot and saw that someone keyed my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in rage. From then on, i've been writing down license plates of people i park next to when i go places, and for work, i don't park next to anyone. I park way in the back where no one else parks. So it's a journey for me to walk from the employee bus stop to my car everyday.

I also regret not getting the clear bra. Mind you, I live in NY. Anyone who lives in NY or has visited knows how our streets, parkways and expressways are like. I take the Van Wyck Expwy everyday to go to school, unfortunately they've been doin construction for like 10yrs and there's just no other way to get from Kennedy Airport to La Guardia Airport. Rock chips are not bad on my car, can't really see them, but i know where they are. Gonna have the bumper repainted, hood also, then probably get the bra. I do intend on keepin this car for a while.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i regret getting an auto and the clear bra would probably have been a good idea. i also regret getting the cargo net in the trunk because my golf clubs broke it the first time they went in the trunk
Old 07-28-2007, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by leekeestc
i regret leaving the trunk open and backing into the garage...

I almost did that today...
Old 08-04-2007, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i regret dumping money into a car that was supposed to just be transportation. when i think about all the money i spent that coulda gone to my project car, or bills, or school, i cringe.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tweak666
i regret dumping money into a car that was supposed to just be transportation. when i think about all the money i spent that coulda gone to my project car, or bills, or school, i cringe.
Yeah but with all those suspension mods your tc should handle pretty sweet!
suspension and exhaust mods(minus header) i'll never regret...
Old 08-05-2007, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I regret not saving any of my money and buying useless "performance" mods... If I had saved all my money and had just concentrated on leaving the car stock, I would be turbo'd right now and would now be concentrating on other things with the car!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Clear bra ?

Originally Posted by FLEA
Regret not getting Clear Bra...rock chips!
whats a clear bra ?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:53 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

a bra that's clear.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:00 PM
SL Member

what make me regret doing to my TC is BUYING IT!!!

my dad was like "I strongly suggest you to get a truck because it can do alot of things"

.................................................well congratulation, now i have to trade in my car for 2008 dodge ram 2500..

if only i listen to my old man... but glad i did now cus chick digs lifted trucks. (wink wink)
Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I regret cutting up my front bumper for my turbo piping. Now that i've gotten rid of it, I HATE the way my front end looks. THat and my driver side fending lining got ripped off on the highway due to the faux vents being cut out for the my old turbo. Oh well, atleast it works now.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why did u get rid of the turbo?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2azfeboost
why did u get rid of the turbo?
Want a different car. I'm tired of putting money into this car to make it faster. I'd rather just buy a new car.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:12 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

1) regret getting an extended warranty because i really dont want to go turbo while im still covered, JUST in case

2) regret crashing it a couple of weeks ago (the $3g i would have saved i could have done so much stuff!)

3) regret not taking off my front fender to install my CAI, thus scraping the crap outta the one piece of pipe and slightly outward-denting my quarter panel when i got so frustrated i tried to just smash it in there

4) regret not getting the TRD exhaust factory installed, though i'll probably save money by just buying it and doing it myself

think that's about it for now... my biggest regret has got to be crashing it, cause i just got it back yesterday and had totally forgotten how much fun it is to drive!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Probably right now...

Painting the Interior pieces....lol..I can live with it...looks "decent"...Maybe I should taken to get it Professionally painted etc...Oh Well!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Going back to "fix" the paint on my gauge needles. Ended up destroying them and having to fabricate new stems to attach to '95 Eagle Talon guage needles...Plus the gas/temp needles are not set in the correct position so "R" really means "R" and slightly cool is normal operating temp =(. Now I can't go back and do 2-tone, unless I want to redo the needle stems again . Should have just left it the way it was.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by koontz946
3) regret not taking off my front fender to install my CAI, thus scraping the crap outta the one piece of pipe and slightly outward-denting my quarter panel when i got so frustrated i tried to just smash it in there
i sacrificed one of my socks that i didn't use and it saved my cai from any scratches. but, i got lazy and the sock's still on the piping. hehe. o well can't be seen w/ the bumper on.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Regret dropping the 17Gs on a scion when i could of dropped it on a slightly used S2K... ...no seriously...

Quick Reply: Something you regret doing to your tc?