Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Sprint booster?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sprint booster?

I was wondering if anybody has this product. If u do LMK how u like it.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is this?? Have a link?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Theres ad's all over SL but here's the link.

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/de...=tC&engine=Gas
Old 02-27-2011, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After taking a look at that and the price I myself would go with the one at World Racing being that you can adjust the response with the turn of a dial. The Sprint has three settings. You do get a 30-day money back guarantee so give the Sprint a try.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would google sprint booster review and you get a ton of feedback.from other forums.

A lot of mixed opinions for something that pricey.

I.personally think it is a gimmick.with a placebo affect based on what I read.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 PM

I bought the twp electronic throttle controller based on what I read on this forum.If you search twp etc you will find a long term review.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok I was just wondering if had it if not I would like to get to c how it worked. Ill read up on the twp etc. Thanks
Old 02-27-2011, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This statement from their site alone makes me think its a scam, much like the ebay "chips"

Since 2000, SCION has replaced responsive cable throttle systems with the cheaper electronic versions. Unfortunately, they've robbed your tC of its performance.
Since 2000? Scion has been around since 2003/2004 and the tC only since 2005. I call scam
Old 03-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
I would google sprint booster review and you get a ton of feedback.from other forums.

A lot of mixed opinions for something that pricey.

I.personally think it is a gimmick.with a placebo affect based on what I read.

XIEmperor, there are quite a few misconceptions on how Sprint Booster operates. Many in the Japanese Import Tuner market are sceptical when it comes to a product that makes the claim to fix or improve something. The truth is, the Import tuner market has had their hearts broken many times with products that talk a good game but fail to deliver. We know this because only within the last 6 months have our sales started to soar in the Japanese Import market. Our most successful line of Sprint Boosters have been the Euro Cars (BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes Benz to name a few). For year people in that genre have been crying out for improved throttle response, because it was just brutal and this is where our product was born. We patented the product, invested a great deal of time and resources in R&D and began to expand our products line up. We then made the decision to enter the domestic market and the in JEEP, Truck, and Modern Muscle cars, our product really hit home. In Japanese Import Cars, our hottest selling Sprint Boosters have been for the Nissan/Infiniti (350z / G35) + 370z / G37), the Hyundai Genesis, Mitsubishi EVO X/Ralliart, etc... etc.... . As more and more people have tried the product they have reported back to us valuable feedback as well as questions. From this we have taken the time to draft together a quick FAQ in an attempt to shine light on myths or misconceptions about the product.

1. I have seen this before, isn’t this just like xyz throttle controller product from xyz country?

Sprint Booster is a patented product. No one has invested the amount of time and resources we have to enhance the electronic “DRIVE BY WIRE” system. It is protected by a patent (GR1005429) in front of OBI (patent office in Greece) as well as internationally by patent application in front of PCT (WO2007066155).

Second, Sprint Booster is far more advanced than people think. The circuitry inside Sprint Booster is continuously monitoring pedal travel or in other words, what the driver is doing with his foot. It analyses angular change, rate of change etc... Using that information, Sprint Booster is far more effective at providing the right amount of throttle inputs that are inline with what the driver is demanding. This applies to partial and WOT situations.

2. I can get a tune. Why would I waste my time with Sprint Booster?

The best way to answer this question goes back to how our product works. If you step on the pedal, a Sprint Booster is providing your ECU with a very accurate interpretation of what you want in regards to throttle. While Tuning system can modify your throttle MAPS to change thresholds, it’s very hard to get just the right amount of throttle response in certain situations, which ultimately means more tuning to get it right. With Sprint Booster, there are 2 levels of throttle response that we have created from months of R&D on each Japanese platform. We engineered it to provide you with a very fluid response regardless of transmission type. Getting back to tuning. Sprint Booster is not a tuner. It’s simply a plug and play modification that takes 5 minutes to install that connects to your pedal connector. No wires to deal with, nothing complicated. Just plug and play. This is likely to be the easiest throttle controller to operate and setup. It measures your inputs and translates a modified signal more in line with your expectations. This product works well with Tuning software that do not change the stock throttle maps.

3. Is Sprint Booster Safe and will this hurt my car?

If properly installed, yes Sprint Booster is very safe. Safety is something we take very seriously. This is why we subjected our product to ultra high TUV SUD testing which some would argue is the highest technical testing standard in the world. Sprint Booster has passed successfully the TUV tests (TUV SUD Automotive) and it is certified with European Conformity type approval ( E.C. type approval mark No e24031712) with regard to Directive 72/245/EEC as last amended by Directive 2006/28/EC. The e – mark is printed on each device. For more information about TUV can be found on the USA TUV website http://tuvamerica.com/industry/automotive.cfm

There is no other device on the market that has this much testing behind it.

4. Where is Sprint Booster manufactured?

Sprint Booster is 100% made in Europe

5. 30 day money back guarantee? But what’s the catch?

No catch. With the Sprint Booster product line we have our entire dealer network offer a 30 day trial. Buying it online or purchasing it at a local dealer, it doesn’t matter. If you don’t like the product for whatever reason. RETURN IT and get 100% of your money back immediately. To take that promise even further. If you purchase your sprint booster from any authorized dealer and have issues with the product or reseller. Email us directly info@sprintboosterusa.com. We are serious about our brand and customer service.

6. Will my dealership void my warranty or know I did something to my throttle response?

No, Sprint Booster is not reflashing or modifying your cars ECU or Subsystems. It simply translates your throttle pedal inputs. In a sense restoring that traditional cable system feel to your throttle. Sprint Booster can be uninstalled at any time should you feel uncomfortable bringing your car into the dealership. Furthermore, with sprint booster installed, it cannot be detected by any diagnostic tool.

In fact, our product works so well, that a few North American Scion Dealerships that are now currently selling our product.

Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz
This statement from their site alone makes me think its a scam, much like the ebay "chips"
Originally Posted by Spicy_McHaggiz

Since 2000? Scion has been around since 2003/2004 and the tC only since 2005. I call scam
Www.SprintBoosterUSA.com Is the North American Master Distributor for Sprint Booster in North America. Claims made on other websites may not reflect our position. We have an extensive network of resellers and distributors, should you have any questions or problems with any one of them please let us know at info@sprintboosterusa.com

Last edited by SprintBooster; 03-01-2011 at 11:30 PM.