Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Stock intake help ASAP (RESOLVED THANKS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has anyone failed a smog test with a intake? i really cant see why it would.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also - I have a quick question for you cali folks - do you know if you can get an emissions ticket if youre from out of state and only there temporarily? (Having out of state plates and all) Theres a possibility of taking my car on a big cruise next year that involves a couple days in Cali - obviously my car would never pass any kind of emissions
Old 11-23-2011, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
Also - I have a quick question for you cali folks - do you know if you can get an emissions ticket if youre from out of state and only there temporarily? (Having out of state plates and all) Theres a possibility of taking my car on a big cruise next year that involves a couple days in Cali - obviously my car would never pass any kind of emissions

i guess it depends on the cop. they let one of my friends-friends go for having blacked out windows. she was from Florida and its burning hot down there so u need those tints. over here u cant have any tint at all. maybe 5% at most...
Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i'm thinking most times.. the cop would be too lazy to deal with the extra paperwork in writing you up for something like that..

however.. don't give him a reason to pull you over in the first place... because at the very least... that reason will be something you'll still get a ticket for.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ yeah and if you do get pulled over just be chill about it and don't give them attitude.

Ps. Figured out the problem and my car is running now. thanks for the help and info.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tito07tc
^ yeah and if you do get pulled over just be chill about it and don't give them attitude.

Ps. Figured out the problem and my car is running now. thanks for the help and info.
and what was the problem??
Old 11-25-2011, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So when we were putting the MAF sensor back onto the stock intake we had dropped one of the screws for the MAF sensor but we didn't know where it fell at one point I told my friend what if it fell inside intake and we sort of checked but couldn't see or hear anything so i think when i took off and pressed the gas the air sucked in the screw that had fallen. The screw actually ended up stock between the butterfly part of the throttle body which was keeping it open thus letting to much air in and making the car do what it was doing. So that was pretty much the issue. Either way my gfs dad had to take out the intake manifold to find the screw because it ended up going inside.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are one lucky SOB lmao. That could have ended pretty bad
Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tito07tc
So when we were putting the MAF sensor back onto the stock intake we had dropped one of the screws for the MAF sensor but we didn't know where it fell at one point I told my friend what if it fell inside intake and we sort of checked but couldn't see or hear anything so i think when i took off and pressed the gas the air sucked in the screw that had fallen. The screw actually ended up stock between the butterfly part of the throttle body which was keeping it open thus letting to much air in and making the car do what it was doing. So that was pretty much the issue. Either way my gfs dad had to take out the intake manifold to find the screw because it ended up going inside.
i would ____ my pants if a bolt/screw fell in my engine...

Old 12-02-2011, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Lol yeah it was kind of a trip how it all happened. And weird that it did happen cuz I told my friend joking around what if it fell in there and weird how it ended up getting stuck since it was so small (the one that holds your MAF sensor to the intake)