Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

SuperCharger Installation Instructions!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default SuperCharger Installation Instructions!!

For those that would like to see what's involved in the install, the instructions are in the upper right hand corner of the page.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...3&parts_id=634

Ken
www.trdsparks.com
Sparks Toyota-Scion
www.yoursciontc.com
Old 09-27-2005, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IS IT TRUE??? or am i dreaming.. please say i'm NOT dreaming..
the supercharger is here??? :D it's a good day!!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it actually looks like a nice and complete kit. it comes with fuel lines, TRD thermostat, and such. the intake looks stupid the way they did that though.

the kits for my tacoma were terrible. it was basically the blower and thats it.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dang, not that much drilling, only on airbox, seems somewhat reversible if needed to be removed. i think i'd be able to do it in a weekend, but i know i wouldn't want to...
there it is: 91 octane....now we know
heres where i get lost, see screen shot, does it come with all the electronics to remap the ecu? also, can that ever be reversed?
Old 09-27-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

BUT WHATS THE HP & TQ NUMBERS! All this info but no numbers on what it does... so worthless
Old 09-27-2005, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRD Supercharger

Supercharger vs Turbo. The web site said 25% increase in HP. I guess that is 25% of the 160 stock hp which would be 40 hp increase for $2900 + tax and other stuff. Is it really worth it. I think I will wait about 3 years to see some reviews and other product that come out before I invest.

The ways things are now its hard for scion tC owners to stand out from the rest of the tC ownwer, because most of us have the same parts. xB and xA were on the JDM for years before they came here. so they have plenty of parts to make them selves unique.

Does any one agree?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah.. actually looks like it's very do-able... im taking it that the reflash has to be done at the dealer....?

here is two questions.. maybe sparks can answer.. will it be safe to install it at home.. and drive it to the dealer for reflash..? and.. what is the cost of just the reflash..?

this kit comes at a bad time... i mean.. with the gas prices the way they are.. and no sign of relief... don't get me wrong.. going from 87 octain at say $2.85 a gallon to premium at near $3 is only a few dollars per tank... but depending on how the milage is affected this could hurt..

there is no doubt that when you first get it.. the milage will SUCK.. since it will be a new toy , but once you settle down with it.. im wondering what the affects will be...

i wish there were more ethenol stations around... using ethenol and a SC at higher boost would work perfectly... from everything i have read.. ethenol has a higher octain rating.. and volvo has got one model that uses ethenol with a turbo i think at 13psi cranking alot more horsepower than the non-FI version with better gas milage..
Old 09-27-2005, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Petem
yeah.. actually looks like it's very do-able... im taking it that the reflash has to be done at the dealer....?

here is two questions.. maybe sparks can answer.. will it be safe to install it at home.. and drive it to the dealer for reflash..? and.. what is the cost of just the reflash..?

this kit comes at a bad time... i mean.. with the gas prices the way they are.. and no sign of relief... don't get me wrong.. going from 87 octain at say $2.85 a gallon to premium at near $3 is only a few dollars per tank... but depending on how the milage is affected this could hurt..

there is no doubt that when you first get it.. the milage will SUCK.. since it will be a new toy , but once you settle down with it.. im wondering what the affects will be...

i wish there were more ethenol stations around... using ethenol and a SC at higher boost would work perfectly... from everything i have read.. ethenol has a higher octain rating.. and volvo has got one model that uses ethenol with a turbo i think at 13psi cranking alot more horsepower than the non-FI version with better gas milage..
Ethanol's a tricky fuel. It costs more and uses more energy to produce one gallon of ethanol than that one gallon of ethanol could be burned to produce.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Petem

Actually being that its forced induction if driving properly ie: not pushing your car, reving it etc...you should see an increase in mpg at least 3-5mpg
Old 09-27-2005, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xnevergiveinx
heres where i get lost, see screen shot, does it come with all the electronics to remap the ecu? also, can that ever be reversed?
that probably gets rid of the CEL that the ZPI turbo guys are experiencing at times?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or it could be the remap that lessens the gained HP. 40HP off of 7psi is a joke, like to see if it'll run without the remap. Those numbers better be lowballed, guess we'll have to wait for the first independent dyno run.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i do ever order online or do it myself to install, how about the remap ??
Old 09-27-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the trd supercharger is actually out?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member

Scion Noics
SL Member

eh...I think I still will get the dealer to do it. Sparks charges what? 350? I think that is a pretty good price and worth it...
Old 09-27-2005, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just was thinking about those HP & TQ numbers. Are those with factory airbox/filter, and exhaust and all that stuff? I would like to know the numbers with the S/c and some BPU's as well.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

says technicians are to place one Premium Fuel Only sticker next to filler cap and one on the dash next to fuel gauge..review with customer it is imperative that only 91 or higher octane be used...also tell customer slight rattling and/or chirping are normal noises..especially at idle....guess they're getting a jump on possible complaints.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member

So for $3,000 + dealer install chargers we will have a blower that will be covered under warranty for 5 years or 60,000 miles and produce only 36whp..........

OR

You can get a ZPI stage 0 turbo kit for less than $3,000, install it yourself, and gain 90 whp

Sounds like a a no brainer to me, by the time you start to run into turbo caused problems (assuming no detonation but wear&tear problems) your warranty will be up already. NICE TRD!!!! NICE TOYOTA!!!

Thanks but no thanks Toyota, I think I'll be going aftermarket.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cannot believe my eyes..! finally here, looks like the dealer might want to take caere of the install on this one... so when they screw up, they replace it.

About time....When is the official ETA?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I figure i'd go with the SC because of it's factory warranty that a turbo wouldn't have.

yay for TRD!
Old 09-27-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Needs more detail on the tamper proof cap used to secure the supercharger pulley. I wonder how easy it is to take off.

Quick Reply: SuperCharger Installation Instructions!!