Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Supercharger MPG

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by notintheface
why don't you search instead of being spoon feed answers
search for what?

these same threads that we all talk about and dont know whats really going on?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BreakTheStatic
There is no way they would release a supercharger system with only 2-3psi of boost. Most factory installed S/Cs run between 5-10psi. I can guess that the tCs s/c will probably be around 6psi. That would equate to roughly 25% more power, which is what TRD/Scion has been saying all along. Slight intake and exhaust mods will do more for performance than a 2psi charger lol. Not a chance that the TRD will be pumping that little...
again specualtion as i said .

i dont maen to be rude but didnt i say specualtion..did you bother to read anything i said context wise... if i talk to a dealers and this what they stated then i thats what i took it for face value.. who saying that all the performance is actual going to come from the supercharger??? Im pretty sure some of its going to come fuel timing adjustments as well

and like breakway said what info does anybody really have thats 100% concrete about this mysterious supercharge specsr thats been promised for who knows how freakin long..

the fact of the matter is its still specualtion so enough already.. lets play the patience game and wait.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not trying to start a fight, but it is 100% concrete that the supercharger will put out at least 200hp. It has been repeatedly stated by Scion on advertisements, pamphlets, etc... There is a good possibility that it may even put out more. It is a known fact though that it will be a minimum of 200hp. Fuel adjustments are just made to compliment the s/c so it doesnt run lean with all the extra airflow. The bigger injectors and timing changes are just made to maximize the s/c efficiency, not add additional hp per say. On any F/I setup you would ideally modify the fuel system.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where did you see they were upgrading the injectors? what size? what other changed to the fuel system? any fpr? fmu?

what timing changes were made? if they retarded the timing, by how much?

oh yeah i forgot it's still speculation.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not trying to start a fight, but it is 100% concrete that the supercharger will put out at least 200hp. It has been repeatedly stated by Scion on advertisements, pamphlets, etc... There is a good possibility that it may even put out more. It is a known fact though that it will be a minimum of 200hp. Fuel adjustments are just made to compliment the s/c so it doesnt run lean with all the extra airflow. The bigger injectors and timing changes are just made to maximize the s/c efficiency, not add additional hp per say. On any F/I setup you would ideally modify the fuel system.

but did it state that the supercharger alone is going to produce 200hp. it listed a combination of things they were going to have to do during the install among some secret stuff that they havent.i have you seen the pic with prototype with a CAI. minus 5-6hp

but did it say at the wheels or the crank?????fill us in if you know something the rest of us dont know

its also repeatedly states it release date but that wont come to pass either (speculation on my behalf). now im not sure what to be trust anymore
Old 09-03-2005, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if only i was a mod....

:locked:
Old 09-03-2005, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know anything about TRD changing the timing or fuel system. I was just replying to freeflowing when he said they got extra hp from running bigger injectors. Ask him where he got that info lol... As far as the 200hp goes, generally manufacturers measure crank hp, not wheel. Even so, that is still a 40hp gain. Release dates are speculative. Falsing representing a product is illegal, and so far every ad that mentions the s/c states 200+hp. If they released it with less than that, not only would no one buy it, but it could be false advertising (illegal).

where did i say bigger injectors?

read carefully before assuming i said something please

i said fuel timing didnt i???

yes i did

200hp is not 200hp if it aint at the wheels a dyno test tells you that much. . reprogramming of an ecu which will be done when you install the sc will produce hp which means hp gain is not all gonna be form the sc. remapping the fuel system itself can produce extra horses if you know anything about cars.

It happens all the time in advertising.

for example: when sony launched it psp handheld it stated that all psp were going to have a clock core of 200mHz~

it shipped with a clock core speed of 133mhz....nobodies suing them yet not saying its not going to happen though.

give up please BreakTheStatic you falsed/assumed/misinterpreted my words to the fulliest

im done here
Old 09-03-2005, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know anything about TRD changing the timing or fuel system. I was just replying to freeflowing when he said they got extra hp from running bigger injectors. Ask him where he got that info lol... As far as the 200hp goes, generally manufacturers measure crank hp, not wheel. Even so, that is still a 40hp gain. Release dates are speculative. Falsing representing a product is illegal, and so far every ad that mentions the s/c states 200+hp. If they released it with less than that, not only would no one buy it, but it could be false advertising (illegal).