Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Tanabe Medalion Touring...Whos got it??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:50 AM
5 Year Member

Default Tanabe Medalion Touring...Whos got it??

Im looking to get an aftermarket exhuast without sounding "rice". The tanabe exhuast seems to be my best option but never actually heard what it sounds like on the tC. So for those who have them, 1) can you post a clip, 2) for the price, is it worth it ($500 seems kinda steep for just axelback)
Old 08-24-2007, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well sorry for the late reply, but i finally got the axleback. And If you're willing to spend the money. It is worth it. Very sophisticated look. And i used to have an integ, So having a ricer car got old for me. I wanted to keep my Tc a "sleeper" type car. I havnt dynoed the car yet. but with the exhaust i have, the tanabe as an axleback was perfect. not loud at all. Low deep tone. I havnt heard it with stock midpipee thouhg, ppl say it sounds pretty stock. And this axleback will defnitely handle some headers. and itz not 500, about 420 from ptuning with the discount. unless they raised it.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have been looking around everywhere for this exhaust for my tC.... 499 from wesellcarparts, and 420 has to be the cheapest I have seen, that includes shipping right (the 499 includes shipping)...
Old 08-24-2007, 10:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's probably the quietest aftermarket axleback I've heard.. Even with an aftermarket header it's still relatively quite.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

This is the -perfect- exhaust for what I'm trying to accomplish, the whole 'sleeper' look as well. There's alot of clips on Youtube for this exhaust and from what I heard, it sounds really good and underneath the radar in terms of sounds.

The lowest I've seen is from www.promotiontuning.com they have the Concept G for a little less than 360 dollars and I'm sure that eBay has 'em less that that, but I'm not going the eBay route even though my wallet would prefer it.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Firefightin_tC
The lowest I've seen is from www.promotiontuning.com they have the Concept G for a little less than 360 dollars and I'm sure that eBay has 'em less that that, but I'm not going the eBay route even though my wallet would prefer it.
Isnt the concept g significantly different that the medallion touring? For one, the concept g is the fart can style while the MT is oem styled and also about 200 bucks more! Make sure you know which one you are ordering, since I will put money on that the MT is one that you will fall in love with like the g will be a lot louder and not soo sleeper!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any dyno charts of the MT? How are the gains compared to other axle-backs such as HKS? :o
Old 08-26-2007, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am looking at this exhaust as well. I love the way it looks and the sound of it. It is a bit quieter than I want but the tone is awesome.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Griever
Any dyno charts of the MT? How are the gains compared to other axle-backs such as HKS? :o
gains? axleback? none that will be noticeable.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and less so than other axle-backs since I doubt it has a straight through design...
Old 11-14-2007, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but I went ahead and got the Medallion Touring.. Let me tell you guys, it IS the quietest aftermarket axleback on the market. Even with my DC header and Megan Spipe it sounds nearly stock :o
Old 11-14-2007, 12:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but I went ahead and got the Medallion Touring.. Let me tell you guys, it IS the quietest aftermarket axleback on the market. Even with my DC header and Megan Spipe it sounds nearly stock :o
Old 11-15-2007, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Really? itz quiet with dc headers? niceee thats what i thought. I have invidia downpipe and tsudo midpipe and itz still quiet. Ive been wanting a header, well atleast now i know that it could handle headers. Well i live in Cali and headers are immediate fail. Does any1 know if we any1 makes legal headers for us? with the cat.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
Does any1 know if we any1 makes legal headers for us? with the cat.
No, but if you don't drive like an idiot, you can get away with it and swap them before smog testing. I too have the Medalion Touring with a Megan mid-pipe and s-pipe, it has a low, quite tone and has made me reconsider installing a header.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I kno but itz expensive to swap out headers before the swap. Unless itz easy to do with basic hand tools? i actually just did my pulley install with hand tools hehe. =)
Old 11-17-2007, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Header should be easier than the pulley, because to properly install the pulley, you need to hit the bolt with 140ish lbs, using an air compressor........you might wanna do that, hand tools might not do it...lol
Old 11-17-2007, 08:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
I kno but itz expensive to swap out headers before the swap. Unless itz easy to do with basic hand tools? i actually just did my pulley install with hand tools hehe. =)
i would highly consider the pulley harder with hand tools. I did it with basic hand tools on my old ride.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

O really? wow headers are easier? Well curtislo i actually did the pulley install yesterday with just a wrench and a galvinite nipple to extend it. The trick is to put the wrench on the ground and the pulley and crank the car. came right off. The question is did i put the pulley nut tight enough? o well it runs fine tho. And trentonm you said u did it with basic hand tools? Do you mean the headers or pulley? if headers is that easy then ill search for a diy soon maybe ill pick it up. It just seemed confusing to do the antifouler mod or wtv to prevent CEL. because all headers will put a CEL right? i dont want that
Old 11-17-2007, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mengsta, you are going to want to jack your car back up today, and tighten it. Go drive around first for 30 minutes so it heats up and expands then tighten it, because it loosens.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok thanks ill check if it loosened. Will an electric impact wrench be strong enough? air guns / compressors are too expensive.also to get back on topic. My tanabe is burning the bottom of my bumper. BEcuase it literraly bounces and hits the bumper when i go over rough roads. Wth do i do? sometimes wen i drive my car for a long time the axleback tip actually gets real close to the bumper. Should i buy longer rubber hangars?

Quick Reply: Tanabe Medalion Touring...Whos got it??