Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Tanabe Medalion Touring...Whos got it??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
ok thanks ill check if it loosened. Will an electric impact wrench be strong enough? air guns / compressors are too expensive.also to get back on topic. My tanabe is burning the bottom of my bumper. BEcuase it literraly bounces and hits the bumper when i go over rough roads. Wth do i do? sometimes wen i drive my car for a long time the axleback tip actually gets real close to the bumper. Should i buy longer rubber hangars?
The stock rubber hangers suck, I tried for two weeks to fix the bouncing and ended up ordering urethane hangers from Kartboy. You'll need a set of 3 and have to order the standard length Subaru (15m) mounts, them you'll have to ask for the 12mm (Mazda) version in the order comments. They will cause the tip to hang close to the bumper as well, but what I did was drive my tC on the freeway (to heat up the hangers), bent the tip down an inch with my foot and let it sit overnight. It settled to half and inch from the bumper; no burning and no bouncing exhaust.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow Well atleast you understand what im talking about. yeah it bounces up and i can actually hear it bang the bottom of the bumper.Hmm im thinkin about buying these new hangars. the description fits what i need. It says the mazda ones are discontinued? so i just pick Subaru's and ask for mazdas? also if the mazdas cause it to hang close to the bumper y dont i just buy the 15m msubaru ones?
Old 11-18-2007, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

[quote="mengsta"]wow Well atleast you understand what im talking about. yeah it bounces up and i can actually hear it bang the bottom of the bumper.Hmm im thinkin about buying these new hangars. the description fits what i need. It says the mazda ones are discontinued? so i just pick Subaru's and ask for mazdas? also if the mazdas cause it to hang close to the bumper y dont i just buy the 15m msubaru ones? Also i know this is off topic but i have the tanabe for sale. PM me
Old 11-18-2007, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

O really? wow headers are easier? Well curtislo i actually did the pulley install yesterday with just a wrench and a galvinite nipple to extend it. The trick is to put the wrench on the ground and the pulley and crank the car. came right off. The question is did i put the pulley nut tight enough? o well it runs fine tho. And trentonm you said u did it with basic hand tools? Do you mean the headers or pulley? if headers is that easy then ill search for a diy soon maybe ill pick it up. It just seemed confusing to do the antifouler mod or wtv to prevent CEL. because all headers will put a CEL right? i dont want that
i did it on a civic, and those dont need the antifouler... but even on the tc if you check for a DIY you will realize you only need to drill a hole and screw it all together and call it good. Nothing more than what should be in the garage anyways. I did my older header at my college house with only a ratchet set and pliers, shouldnt need anything else (other than the drill/bit with the tc)
Old 11-18-2007, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

wow Well atleast you understand what im talking about. yeah it bounces up and i can actually hear it bang the bottom of the bumper.Hmm im thinkin about buying these new hangars. the description fits what i need. It says the mazda ones are discontinued? so i just pick Subaru's and ask for mazdas? also if the mazdas cause it to hang close to the bumper y dont i just buy the 15m msubaru ones?
He has the 12mm in stock, he just hasn't updated the website. DO NOT BUY THE 15mm, I already made that mistake. Both the 15mm and 12mm are the same length as stock, but 15mm will work themselves loose and potentially damage your exhaust.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

First of all i wanna say thanks for the quick replies. If only you had an aim sn 2fast4you, this exhaust thing is so annoying. and thanks trentonm but wth do i needa drill? is it hard? and 2fast, so i just order the mazda ones? Do i get the hangman hanger set or just the hangars? there are 2 options.both 28 bucks. I think this should be it becuase i went to a shop and they bent my tanabe hangars so the axleback actually has a nice gap between the bumper, it is just tooo soft it keeps bouncing up.

Thanks again guys.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First of all i wanna say thanks for the quick replies. If only you had an aim sn 2fast4you, this exhaust thing is so annoying. and thanks trentonm but wth do i needa drill? is it hard? and 2fast, so i just order the mazda ones? Do i get the hangman hanger set or just the hangars? there are 2 options.both 28 bucks. I think this should be it becuase i went to a shop and they bent my tanabe hangars so the axleback actually has a nice gap between the bumper, it is just tooo soft it keeps bouncing up.

Thanks again guys.
a small hole in the middle of the antifouler to allow only so much exhaust to get to the sensor... but ya nothing serious
Old 11-18-2007, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ooh ok got it. And would you know a header that wold cause the least rasp? If only DC made a header with a cat like they usually do.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ooh ok got it. And would you know a header that wold cause the least rasp? If only DC made a header with a cat like they usually do.
that is something i dont know... you can always go under the vheicles tab then check the exhaust line and that would easily work to find out the best one for the setup you want.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

YEah true thanks alot trent. Now i just need 2fast to answer my questions lol
Old 11-18-2007, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

YEah true thanks alot trent. Now i just need 2fast to answer my questions lol
Sorry... I had to step out for awhile. Order (3) Standard Length Subaru hangers, but in the order comments or special instructions section, ask for them to send the 12mm version instead, it should only be $24 for the set. If all else fails, send an e-mail to sales@kartboy.com with your order number and ask to have the 12mm.

i want to keep this on the forum so others can read this in case they have a same problem. I hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well i finally posted a vid for the people that wanna hear it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP7tzBjJYGI