Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC Dual Exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member

well forget having two separate mufflers....isn't anyone thinking of having dual tip outlets like in the first picture, just using one exhaust/ muffler? i've been thinking about doing that from the first minute of getting the car, all's needed is a dual outlet muffler, then just cut the left side of the body to fit the new tip...
then you don't have to worry about the dual exhaust on a 4 banger issue...

anyone wanna try this and post some pics?
Old 01-03-2005, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the thing with having dual tip outlets is -

would those bends provide better exhaust flow than a pipe that went straight back?
Old 01-03-2005, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JMS001
Originally Posted by Stefan TC

All three of these races were done with the stock tC exhaust system and at 7-8psi of boost pressure, all these cars run around 12-15 psi of boost stock to give you an idea. Now that i have the 3" exhaust system, it is much faster. This Turbo system will be offered at 10psi of boost, so those super compacts will have real problems with any tC running this turbo system. NOT to mention the price of a new tC, the 3" exhaust system, and the turbo system will still cost less than an EVO, and look better doing it.

You pointed out a very good topic. No I have not removed the speed cut. These races were all on the highway, but they were basically from approx. 40mph to 130mph drag races. Basically if I let you go first @ 40mph and I'm a couple cars ahead of you when I hit 130mph you pretty much lose. Or if i let you go @ 40 mph and you can't get in front of me by the time I hit 130 then thats pretty close. Yeah definately would lose in a top speed match against these cars.

I am working on this problem diligently, i should have a solution in about a week if all goes as planned. But even if you remove the speed cut, you will still have the problem of the rev limiter. At 130mph the RPM is about at 6000rpm, so theres not much more to go before the rpm cutoff. I am also trying to remedy this by maybe changing the gear ratios on the transmission.
Hey buddy, you seem to be pumping some extra dense BS here...
First you are racing SRT4 than it turns out that you had to strike a deal with each one of them them to end the race at 130.... Did the all agree?
And now you promise to make TC faster than EVO...

Seriously now, how many of these kids are you planning to take for few grands?
??? WOW, Can you read? You are sounding really ignorant. I specifically said in the same statement you quoted, I would lose in a top end match! I did say these were rolling drag races! Not to mention the fact that these were before the 3" exhaust and these were before i was running 10psi of boost. Where is the BS??

Next time read don't skim, so you get your facts straight.
Hey C'mon guy. I am from Brooklyn, I can sell you a nice little bridge but not vice versa. You claimed you raced EVO and SRT. There was nothing about any "rolling drag race". You only added that when someone pointed out the speed cutoff on TC at 127mph which makes racing any sport car impossible. And that's why I do not believe you in the first place you change your story as you see fit.
Just admit it. You did not race any of the cars you mentioned in your post.
I am going to put your story next to the now famous "muffler turbine", for the same exact reason: no verifiable dyno results....
I understand you have your fart cans to push but for Christ's sake keep it realistic, OK?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Evo was extremely fast, and at the videos of the turbo tC, I can see the Evo would easily win if the roll starts below 80. The lack of traction just seems to be a huge issue right now. I think your next mod should be super sticky tires that get that power to the ground. That's the best investment you can make, and will help a lot more than you think.

Speedlimiter cut will get you an extra 5-10mph, seeing how you're near redline at 130 anyway.

Nice turbo kit though. I'll consider it along with the TRD blower, or a possible custom setup. Either way, I don't see a good driver in an Evo losing to that at lower starting speeds.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member

All three of these races were done with the stock tC exhaust system and at 7-8psi of boost pressure, all these cars run around 12-15 psi of boost stock to give you an idea. Now that i have the 3" exhaust system, it is much faster. This Turbo system will be offered at 10psi of boost, so those super compacts will have real problems with any tC running this turbo system. NOT to mention the price of a new tC, the 3" exhaust system, and the turbo system will still cost less than an EVO, and look better doing it.

You pointed out a very good topic. No I have not removed the speed cut. These races were all on the highway, but they were basically from approx. 40mph to 130mph drag races. Basically if I let you go first @ 40mph and I'm a couple cars ahead of you when I hit 130mph you pretty much lose. Or if i let you go @ 40 mph and you can't get in front of me by the time I hit 130 then thats pretty close. Yeah definately would lose in a top speed match against these cars.

I am working on this problem diligently, i should have a solution in about a week if all goes as planned. But even if you remove the speed cut, you will still have the problem of the rev limiter. At 130mph the RPM is about at 6000rpm, so theres not much more to go before the rpm cutoff. I am also trying to remedy this by maybe changing the gear ratios on the transmission.
First you are racing SRT4 than it turns out that you had to strike a deal with each one of them them to end the race at 130.... Did the all agree?

??? WOW, Can you read? You are sounding really ignorant. I specifically said in the same statement you quoted, I would lose in a top end match! I did say these were rolling drag races! Not to mention the fact that these were before the 3" exhaust and these were before i was running 10psi of boost. Where is the BS??

Hey C'mon guy. I am from Brooklyn, I can sell you a nice little bridge but not vice versa. You claimed you raced EVO and SRT. There was nothing about any "rolling drag race". You only added that when someone pointed out the speed cutoff on TC at 127mph which makes racing any sport car impossible. And that's why I do not believe you in the first place you change your story as you see fit.
I am going to put your story next to the now famous "muffler turbine", for the same exact reason: no verifiable dyno results....
I understand you have your fart cans to push but for Christ's sake keep it realistic, OK?
Hey man, I was riding shotgun when he raced the STi and the Evo, and I can attest to you that this story is no BS. "Just admit it", you failed reading in grade school.
And if you're saying that it's not possible to race an Evo or STI because the speed cut is at 127mph then you my freind are a fool... and remember reading is fundamental.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default stop the BS

Originally Posted by bigjuice

Hey man, I was riding shotgun when he raced the STi and the Evo, and I can attest to you that this story is no BS. "Just admit it", you failed reading in grade school.
And if you're saying that it's not possible to race an Evo or STI because the speed cut is at 127mph then you my freind are a fool... and remember reading is fundamental.
Hey, in my eyes you have as much credibility as the guy you are defending so this is not helping him. As far as racing goes becuase of rev and speed limiter it is hard to imagine racing any of the sport cars with TC. TC is NOT a sports car. EVO is a sports car.

PS. And my friend, in Brooklyn we do not call poeple names like "fool" etc just because it is very unhealthy...
Old 01-06-2005, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: stop the BS

Hey, in my eyes you have as much credibility as the guy you are defending so this is not helping him. As far as racing goes becuase of rev and speed limiter it is hard to imagine racing any of the sport cars with TC. TC is NOT a sports car. EVO is a sports car.

PS. And my friend, in Brooklyn we do not call poeple names like "fool" etc just because it is very unhealthy...
So becuase the TC is not a sports car your saying that it is not capable of racing and beating one????
If this is your logic also then you too "My Friend", are a fool.

Also I'm not defending anybody, I am not a part of Jamasco or Scion Speed or any other company for that matter, it just so happened that I was in the car at the time of the races and I'm calling it as I saw it.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me put this topic to rest. EVO and STI are not a sports car.. if anything they are a rally car. Sports car's are meant for the track.... and in my world, have 2 doors. EVO and STI are glorified economy sedans on wheels.

My opinions are my own, you don't have to agree with them and please don't reply.. cuz I won't. Someone lock this thread.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member

Looks great but how does it effect performance, does it help or hurt?
Old 01-31-2005, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol i love the duals... ^_^ remembering one thing.. i bought tC for looks..
Old 01-31-2005, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
Scikotics
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

i think it looks really nice. i would buy it
Old 02-19-2005, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If no one will release purchase info on it , I'll most likely go with the Injen. But it does look sharp!!!
Old 02-19-2005, 09:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

JMS001, i like your car. i can't wait to see what you'll come out w/ next . it looks good and is fast. usually it's one way or the other. keep up the good work!

btw just ignore stefan. he's just rehashing another thread: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...619&highlight=
Old 02-19-2005, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I just wanna know when it is gonna come out?
Old 02-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by silversciontc
I just wanna know when it is gonna come out?
Dont we all... JMS001???
Old 02-19-2005, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by apexjr

Let me put this topic to rest. EVO and STI are not a sports car.. if anything they are a rally car. Sports car's are meant for the track.... and in my world, have 2 doors. EVO and STI are glorified economy sedans on wheels.

My opinions are my own, you don't have to agree with them and please don't reply.. cuz I won't. Someone lock this thread.
I have absolutely nothing to add to this, I just like the post within a post within a post within a post look.

chris
Old 02-19-2005, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

looks nice but not necessary. You probably can get the same gain on a aftermarket single exhaust if not more w/ the single.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This mod reminds me of the continuous argue on HID KITs, lol same things come into play, functional(brighter), ilegal(duh), rice(copying bmw, mercedes, lexus, etc.). lol Funny stuff, keep posting.

p.s parenthetical items are for the hid portion
Old 02-20-2005, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboMe
looks nice but not necessary. You probably can get the same gain on a aftermarket single exhaust if not more w/ the single.
Originally Posted by wrx_brad
I won't believe that this exhaust produces any power gains until I see a dyno sheet.
Agreed. "It looks....." "It sounds....."
Wasted words in my opinion. What happened to performance? The very idea that is so lacking in the so-called "import scene."
Form follows function.
Form follows function.
Form follows function.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I believe this guys was one of the first to put on a greddy TT kit of the 350z. Same guy on clearcorners.com a very clean Z. (Note: the single exhuast)

Quick Reply: tC Dual Exhaust!!