Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC Dual Exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by RacerZack
Originally Posted by TJCCARDCO
He can be original all he wants, but its wasted motion, splitting the air up. It just needs to go through one pipe and out the back, bigger piping not a split. Thats quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on here, that we should let him be who he is...stop whining, we are just saying its not useful...and its ugly as hell too...period.
the "whiners" are people who insist on posting how this exhaust is a bunch of rice, as if any idea or mod which they don't like is just plain wrong.

credit should be given to anyone who dares to try something new. yah, maybe it doesn't work or maybe it isn't your taste. who the hell are YOU to decide what is and is not the "best" exhaust design? if you're so damn smart, then go work for toyota or magnaflow and design the best exhaust for all of us. prove it with a dyno and THEN you can have a holier-than-thou attitude.

you like a single tip exhaust, and on the tC that is possibly the optimal design. but maybe this dual exhaust is the basis for a radical engine mod. you don't know what other stuff is in the works for this car. so you really don't have any business posting such a nasty opinion. you don't like it, fine. if you don't think the split design is good (and in that we DO agree), then you can say so without being a jerk.

thank you! hahaha, i think the dual exhaust is sweet! i would get it, also for you people that think that its rice, dont forget he did this car for a show car. not to be the fastest car in the world. anyways, when is this exhaust coming out and how much is it going to be. i would definately be willing to put this on my tC, functional or not.

oh and yes im aware that this thread was made a few months ago. i dont care b**** all you want.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dual exahaust, not rice, this one is functional, more hp, tone like a g35, lighter than stock. but ya gotta be into dual tips. i like the single, but the dual draws alot of looks
Old 05-12-2005, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So i figure it's all for looks then? It looks good but i wouldn't want the power lost of power i'd stick to one.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So I getting the feeling that this exhaust hasn't and probably won't be produced.....
Old 05-12-2005, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now where did i out the pic... as the saying goes..

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win your still retarded"
Old 05-12-2005, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A dual exhuast on a NA car is amusing.
It' works for show but not for go.

If this were a turbo'd tC, Might be... didn't bother to read all 5 pages here, then it would be even worse.

If the car is Superchaged, then it can be effective, sort of.. But I would not run 2 mufflers.

Ever see a M3 Dinan Exhaust? It's dual... but one is blocked. Wonder why eh?

If the headers plit from 4-2 and there were 2 straight pipes 2 cats then 2 mufflers...
Old 05-25-2005, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

This is funny. I have not been on here for a while.

You guys can hate it or you guys can love it. The bottom line is that this exhaust system is lighter than stock, It puts out more HP than ANY exhaust system on the market today, and personally i think it looks the best doing it. This exhaust will be available, in full stainless steel, and will come out later in titanium. It will also be available in a single for you dual haters.

oh yeah and the car that is pictured, does 12.0 sec to the quarter, and is at the present time the QUICKEST tC in the WORLD!

-Jayson
Old 05-25-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But then again, that's with a stage 3 turbo.

Most people are talking about how an NA car would not benefit from dual exhaust... that would, true enough, have the most gain, but the gain will be had so far into the power band that's it's not worth having.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
But then again, that's with a stage 3 turbo.

Most people are talking about how an NA car would not benefit from dual exhaust... that would, true enough, have the most gain, but the gain will be had so far into the power band that's it's not worth having.
This is the highest output exhaust system on the market so far on an NA car. Most people would assume what you have stated, but it is just not the case with the tC. We have done, extensive dyno testing and have very good results, which by the way contradict your statement about the power band.

In all we have two turbocharged testers and two NA testers. All of which are driven on a daily basis.

We will show all our dyno figures and test results after we have completed our first production run. We do not want any duplication by other companies until we release these exhaust systems, so all our info must remain proprietary until release.

-Jayson
Old 05-26-2005, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uber.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no to highjack the thread but what kind of turbo is that scion running? what size, ball bearing? trim? brand?
Old 05-26-2005, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by JMS001

This is the highest output exhaust system on the market so far on an NA car.
We have done, extensive dyno testing and have very good results, which by the way contradict your statement about the power band.

We will show all our dyno figures and test results after we have completed our first production run. We do not want any duplication by other companies until we release these exhaust systems, so all our info must remain proprietary until release.

-Jayson
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt up until now...if you've done dyno results, post them . I don't buy this BS about how you'll release the dyno sheets after production, due to concerns over duplication. What a crock. How does posting a dyno sheets have *anything* to do with concerns over someone copying your exhaust design??? What, are they going to look at your dyno sheet and pictures of your product, and somehow reverse engineer that into a similar setup????

Edited: didnt know your car *was* the scionspeed turbo kit
Old 05-27-2005, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by toastbox
Originally Posted by JMS001

This is the highest output exhaust system on the market so far on an NA car.
We have done, extensive dyno testing and have very good results, which by the way contradict your statement about the power band.

-Jayson
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt up until now...if you've done dyno results, post them . I don't buy this BS about how you'll release the dyno sheets after production, due to concerns over duplication. What a crock. How does posting a dyno sheets have *anything* to do with concerns over someone copying your exhaust design??? What, are they going to look at your dyno sheet and pictures of your product, and somehow reverse engineer that into a similar setup????

Edited: didnt know your car *was* the scionspeed turbo kit
Exactly what you said is correct, it IS possible to reverse engineer using dyno sheets and pictures of a product if you know what your doing.

There are alot of exhaust companies out there, and we are not taking that chance.

Benefit of the doubt?? What would I have to gain by BSing anybody?? Like I said before when the exhaust system is released you will see dyno sheets. I guess you will just have to wait and see, and when you see the full exhaust system and how its made I think you will understand why.

-Jayson
Old 05-29-2005, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So what's taking so long? The prototype seems to work very well.

I'd personally liked to get my hands on one since I have a new turbo fund.

(not saying turbo necessitates the dual exhaust or vice versa, just that it makes more sense to me)

BTW, does it come in more than one size? I see that the current prototype is a 3" so I could see how the tuning of the other size pipes would take long.

JMS001, why don't you post a little list of all the information that has been released about this dual exhuast system? It'd make things easier as it's quite difficult to dig through all six pages.

Question though: wouldn't splitting the pipe just create more turbulence? I understand the use of two exhaust pipes starting from the header with a dual 6-2 on a v6 but since we have a 4-1 (important part being the '1') how would splitting the exhaust pipe help and not hurt? Not to mention the split would have two 3" pipes (i think) so there would be a total of 6" cavern space which would act as a little mini vortex area that would collect the gases before fresh exhaust gas expels them from that little bay and out of the two pipes.

That's my understanding in any case. I would appreciate it if someone clarified the advantages (not the disadvantages, I'm pretty familiar with a few of those) of a dual exhaust system.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok where are those super dynos showing those gains so u can prove ur point jason
Old 05-29-2005, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would really like to see that dual in titanium. In fact, I am waiting for one with $ in hand.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the supposed increase in hp over a standard single catback would be null because of the increase in weight. a good 2.5" full exhaust would be the best for up to 250hp (crank) n/a or turbo with 3" for turbo beyond that.

dual exhaust is really just a show car mod unless this is the first 4 banger ever to get gains from it LOL
Old 05-29-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Flow condusive mods build up on each other so if a dual exhaust does increase flow over a single system than it would be beneficial if there is an increase on the intake side.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

then why not run a 5" exhaust?

law of diminishing returns. plus NA needs some sort of backpressure. FI you would need zero backpressure, but you can get that with 3" single.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A 5" exhaust that gets results would be SEXY.

The point I made was that if there is enough intake than a proportional increase should be made on the exhaust end.

A jet engine's exhaust is bigger than 5"

It's a different kind of engine I know but it's still a combustion with oxygen being burned up with a fuel's bonds being broken and whatnot making waste products (in this case, the "waste" is propelling the vehicle) that are being shot off. Say, a ram jet will gulp up air, thus, the 24" exhaust

Quick Reply: tC Dual Exhaust!!