Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC Dual Exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member

wow, who makes it? i want it now
Old 05-30-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
A 5" exhaust that gets results would be SEXY.

The point I made was that if there is enough intake than a proportional increase should be made on the exhaust end.

A jet engine's exhaust is bigger than 5"

It's a different kind of engine I know but it's still a combustion with oxygen being burned up with a fuel's bonds being broken and whatnot making waste products (in this case, the "waste" is propelling the vehicle) that are being shot off. Say, a ram jet will gulp up air, thus, the 24" exhaust
a jet engine passes 200-300 times more air through it too
Old 05-30-2005, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sooooo, if we shove enough air through the intake than this dual exhaust will make sense. If we shove more air than we can make due with a 5" exhaust.

If we have a 300 psi turbocharger than we can have a 2' exhaust pipe.

Point being any size, any number of exhaust will make sense if there's enough intake (and consequently enough exhaust) to fill it out.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no it won't make sense because it's an inline engine thats only 4 cylinders. if you put a single 3" exhaust with a turbo it will be plenty of flow.

dual exhaust on this engine doesn't make any less backpressure than a big single
Old 05-30-2005, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see why you're still arguing with me. There are still things I want to know about this exhaust myself.

As far as I know, the system is split in the rear section like on many cars that AREN'T 4 cylinders (the G35 for one splits only in the rear section and is also NA when you buy it.) The reason for this is the cat in the back. By the last cat, the exhaust will have flowed through three (including the last one) cats or mufflers and consequently will have lost much velocity.

This is crucial to the design of the dual exhaust system because in the first portion of it's trip, the exhaust gases will have retained enough velocity to force its way through the first cat and the center muffler but will cause more backpressure in the last cat. Making the two split here, again, as far as I know, is to allow the now slower moving gases to have a combined total of 14 square inches to shoot out of instead of the 7 square inches in a single 3" exhaust.

Basically, the idea is this: fast moving gases go down one pipe, slow moving gases have two pipes to go down, back pressure caused by slow gases is divided by two.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hell it's lighter than stock, looks nice, serves some sort of function, and looks damn good doing it. i'll take one please.

and all you haters. shut up. if you don't like it, just don't like it and don't hate the folks that do. you have your opinions, i have mine. just don't assert your opinion on other people because of you think you're "right"

i say huzzah on Jayson for developing something like this, and i hope that your product is well-received by others like me and the non-hating supporters out there.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JMS001
oh yeah and the car that is pictured, does 12.0 sec to the quarter, and is at the present time the QUICKEST tC in the WORLD!

-Jayson
jayson, tsk, tsk, tsk,....quicker than the nitto/jotech 533 hp tC? wow yours is quick.
for those who haven't seen it, here is a link to jayson's competition as "WORLD'S QUICKEST tC":
http://www.jotechracing.com/html/pro...ID=55&offset=0

jayson, i love the dual set up, bye the way. and i want one. for people who haven't tuned, they don't realize that by allowing more air in at the front, you also have to let more gasses out at the end. obviously this can be done with or without dual pipes. but, dual pipes certainly say to others that you are letting out more gas and if i was behind your car, i'd want to know why you need to do that. i'd assume you need to let out more gasses because your car is boosted. obviously, since it is, you do, so it's kewl. mine isn't, but i still want the dual tails.

i like the look. (lastly, i doubt you are quicker than nitto and i think you're letting out gas). jk
Old 05-31-2005, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40
oh yeah and the car that is pictured, does 12.0 sec to the quarter, and is at the present time the QUICKEST tC in the WORLD!

-Jayson
jayson, tsk, tsk, tsk,....quicker that the nitto/jotech 533 hp tC? wow yours is quick.
link to another quick tC:http://www.jotechracing.com/html/pro...ID=55&offset=0

i love the dual set up, bye the way. for people who haven't tuned, they don't realize that by allowing more air in at the front, you also have to let more gasses out at the end. obviously this can be done with or without dual pipes. but, dual pipes certainly say to others that you are letting more gas out and if i was behind you, i'd want to know why you need to do that. i'd assume you need to let out more gasses and your car is boosted. since it is and you do, it's kewl.

i like it, the look anyway (but i doubt you are quicker than nitto).

DDDDDAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that jotech tC is sexy!
Old 05-31-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never could understand why someone would want to put SUV size wheels (20") on a Sport Compact Car... esp if they are trying to make it fast. That car looks uggggly with those rims on it.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40

-Jayson
jayson, tsk, tsk, tsk,....quicker than the nitto/jotech 533 hp tC? wow yours is quick.
for those who haven't seen it, here is a link to jayson's competition as "WORLD'S QUICKEST tC":
http://www.jotechracing.com/html/pro...ID=55&offset=0

i like the look. (lastly, i doubt you are quicker than nitto and i think you're letting out gas). jk
Most likely Jayson's car is quicker. Those guys won't be able to take off with those 20's. Besides I hope you can provide some sort of timeslip to back up how fast that jotech scion really is.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by retrodrive
Most likely Jayson's car is quicker. Those guys won't be able to take off with those 20's. Besides I hope you can provide some sort of timeslip to back up how fast that jotech scion really is.
c'mon, the nitto tC is a show car. it probably will never make a track run. but claiming to have the fastest tC in the world is pretty bold.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member

he should change that statement to "fastest street legal tc in the world". i mean cmon on now. didnt you all see the 8second 858whp scion tc in dsport? i know thats a drag car but it still counts as a tc. and just out of curiousity, did the so called 12sec tc do it on street tire or on slicks? if you u did on slicks... then buddy you aint gonna have that title for much longer. my friends tc that we've been building up is already at 12.6 on street tires. but anywayz, the dual exhaust thing. i gotta say yours came out pretty nice. but your not the only one with it...
Old 05-03-2007, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^ two years later
Old 05-03-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

^
Old 05-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ashiva
^^^ two years later
and the award for the best response goes to........ ashiva... congratulations! come on down!

Old 05-21-2007, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

sorry for the bump... but where can I get this exhaust? Jotech doesn't have it listed and ScionSpeed's account is suspended
Old 05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

they switch out rims for the showes i seen the tc without the 20's on it parked outside JOTECH
Old 05-22-2007, 09:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

do a search theres a website where u can get them for 620 i forgot tha site doh
Old 05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ih8civx
sorry for the bump... but where can I get this exhaust? Jotech doesn't have it listed and ScionSpeed's account is suspended

the same dude that sells the PM axelbacks.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

thanks guys

Quick Reply: tC Dual Exhaust!!