Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC dyno-import tuner power pages

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default tC dyno-import tuner power pages

I was just curious if anyone got their new import tuner issue. Import tuner did a dyno on the tC and it got some impressive numbers! I will try to scan the article and get some info up when I figure out how to do it. But the dyno as followed:

Baseline: 140.4 hp - 150.8 tq

Aem cold air intake: 144.3 hp- 153.1 tq

Dc- sport exhaust:
147.5 hp- 156.0 tq

dc sports header:
156.0 hp- 163.8 tq

The article had a total of 15.6 hp and 13.0 tq on the tC with a I/H/E combo .
Not bad but my question is how come this tC got pretty high numbers and other dyno's have been 137.5 hp - 147tq on other members tC on this board.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe it was an auto tranny i do about 133hp 140 tq.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I saw a dyno sheet that a guy brought in to the dealer where I bought mine. As far as I know it was stock, and produced 140 HP.... So that looks right to me.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member

i guess headers are next on my list....
Old 04-20-2005, 11:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ALL DYNOS ARE NOT CREATED EQUALLY!!!

Dyno's are, in reality, not for getting a pure HP number! This is because different dynos can vary as much as 20hp with the same car, on the same day. People need to understand that a dynograph is an excellent tool for tuning and troubleshooting, but not for getting a raw HP number.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: tC dyno-import tuner power pages

Originally Posted by v monkey
I was just curious if anyone got their new import tuner issue. Import tuner did a dyno on the tC and it got some impressive numbers! I will try to scan the article and get some info up when I figure out how to do it. But the dyno as followed:

Dc- sport exhaust:
147.5 hp- 156.0 tq

dc sports header:
156.0 hp- 163.8 tq

Not bad but my question is how come this tC got pretty high numbers and other dyno's have been 137.5 hp - 147tq on other members tC on this board.

The choice of intake and exhaust seems a bit poor im sure with a complete exhaust or a better axleback (DC restrictive) would have given better gains. Also the intake AEM, k&N yields 6hp and WP possibly more. The header choice is good although alphawerks appears to give more gains. Im sure 20hp or more would have been possible with the right parts. Im glad the TC responds well to bolt ons.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mediocre Generica
ALL DYNOS ARE NOT CREATED EQUALLY!!!

Dyno's are, in reality, not for getting a pure HP number! This is because different dynos can vary as much as 20hp with the same car, on the same day. People need to understand that a dynograph is an excellent tool for tuning and troubleshooting, but not for getting a raw HP number.
yup.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by acasanova
Originally Posted by v monkey

Dc- sport exhaust:
147.5 hp- 156.0 tq

dc sports header:
156.0 hp- 163.8 tq

The choice of intake and exhaust seems a bit poor im sure with a complete exhaust or a better axleback (DC restrictive) would have given better gains. Also the intake AEM, k&N yields 6hp and WP possibly more. The header choice is good although alphawerks appears to give more gains. Im sure 20hp or more would have been possible with the right parts. Im glad the TC responds well to bolt ons.
I agree, they should've done it with the WeaponR SW, Alphawerks header and CreativeCompacts full header-back stainless exhaust. Then let's see what a real I/H/E combo will produce.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I also did forget to add that this dyno was done on 18 inch wheels. Which did not sound like a correct figure on the dyno, isn't there suppose to be more of a power loss with bigger wheels?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I wouldnt trust the numbers on the AEM due to the fact that its still going thru testing and hasnt even been released yet
Old 04-20-2005, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CELL
I wouldnt trust the numbers on the AEM due to the fact that its still going thru testing and hasnt even been released yet
It was produced in small numbers maybe for show and testing purposes. Some companies such as Sport Compact or Import Tuner had one on the dyno with an AEM intake.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by acasanova
Originally Posted by CELL
It was produced in small numbers maybe for show and testing purposes. Some companies such as Sport Compact or Import Tuner had one on the dyno with an AEM intake.
Thats cool...still doesnt take away from the fact that the #'s may be different when they go public with it. Whenever that is
Old 04-20-2005, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
I agree, they should've done it with the WeaponR SW, Alphawerks header and CreativeCompacts full header-back stainless exhaust. Then let's see what a real I/H/E combo will produce.
Funny thing you should say that because they have one of our headers and they are reviewing since like last week. Also we just finished our intake yesterday (many tricks to it), and today we are tackling the final pieces of the throttle body.

Best regards,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
scionlife.com Product Support
Old 04-20-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now when you say tackling the final pieces of the throttle body, you mean......

Are you maintaining the current maximum bore of 60mm (the maximum the stock TB can handle) or did you develop a custom one that is bigger, like say 62mm or 65mm?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean today we will if all goes well have the answer to any questions on this product and be ready to take orders on it. Up to this point we have only had the application available for a couple of guys that took their car to autox race and they got prototypes which they signed waivers for....basically if the part is not 110% according to ANYONE on our staff we will not put it into production.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So it is still basically a stock TB that is bored out to 60mm with an upgraded butterfly?
Old 04-21-2005, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

man 15 hp tats pretty weak

alphawerks says they got 24 with I/H/E... oo wells

to answer your question, some TC's that dyno'ed lower because of the "i" in VVT-i. it means intelligence, wat it does is respond and adjust to the driving style you put the car into for the best of the engine.

for example: if you drive slow everywhere and everyday, why use all 140hp and waste some gas, so the ECU kicks it down t o137 or 135.

if you drive aggressively and constantly push it, the ECU sees taht it needs al lthe HP it can use and it maxes out.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Skippy...the alphawerks set up also inclued a throttlebody (gotta read the fine print under the dynosheet). It was posted on the back of modified mag and import tuner very clearly but no one looked at the wordage underneath...so dont feel alone.

Still the impressive part is like 20whp for JUST Alphawerks headers on a 350Z...props to AW for good design and high quality
Old 04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hmm weird then because peple have been saying the AW throttle body alone did nearly nothing (1 hp or sumting) so i really didnt put that in to account.

but if wat you said is true then, the TB is POTENTIAL HP.

cool. good looking out
Old 04-22-2005, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will post a tech article on the throttle bodies shortly...

Victor...

Quick Reply: tC dyno-import tuner power pages