Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tckurt
Scion speeds 5k turbo the stage 3 is pushing out over 400 hp this is pointless to go to a smaller engine if you want power people switch from a 6 cylinder to a 4 cylinder because it weighs less not because it performs better thats like saying I got a 3.0L I want to get a 2.5L for more power it just isnt plausible.
It's not necessarily pointless switching to a smaller engine. Especially in the case where the smaller engine has more potential than the bigger engine. Also, take note that a RB26DETT (2.6L) can perform as well as a 2JZ-GTE (3.0L), despite the displacement difference.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Only to a degree though more cpacity is gonna eventually come to more power or be able to work better with the amount of power even if the smaller engine can handle... still its different opinions and unlike kamikazi we express them in a calm rational manner but its hard to say who is right b/c there are many applications for it.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only to a degree though more cpacity is gonna eventually come to more power or be able to work better with the amount of power even if the smaller engine can handle... still its different opinions and unlike kamikazi we express them in a calm rational manner but its hard to say who is right b/c there are many applications for it.
Indeed.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It started out rational and clam, but then a couple of people started flaming the idea, and got fired up about the whole thing, when it was just some off the wall idea to begin with. I may have taken it a little too seriously, but some of you guys need to calm down, its just a Scion tC.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a friend that has a turbine engine out of an old bell helicopter. i'll bet i could gut my tc and shove that thing in there. just gimme a 4 foot bar and some vaseline.:D