Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC Help!! 09 tC automatic died on me..

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 12:19 PM

Default tC Help!! 09 tC automatic died on me..

I’ve got an 09 tC automatic that died on me. Before it died it sputtered a bit. If I mashed gas it took off but if I eased on the pedal it had trouble accelerating. My mistake was braking. Once I hit the brake it died and I’ve been trying to get it running since. I’m not getting any fire or fuel.
Yes, the fuel pump and spark plugs are good. I’ve had 0 problems with my car from I got it. Always serviced on time. I've checked every fuse and relay both in the hood and under the driver dash. I’ve changed my fuel pump (in vain) and I’ve changed my plugs. It cranks lively.

Just no start and my fuel pump doesn’t kick in.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-06-2020 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 07-05-2020, 11:13 PM
SL Member

How many miles do you have on your tC, does it have a CEL (check engine light) and if so what code or codes does it read.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by JakeAut0
How many miles do you have on your tC, does it have a CEL (check engine light) and if so what code or codes does it read.

Update: my timing belt shredded and a piece of it hit my crank shaft wire a few times. That was apart of the problem. The car ran for a bit but then died once i pressed gas. Check engine lifgt is on now which was odd because I didn’t know i had one (never came on). Also I couldn’t put my car on the computer because my ecu got turned off somehow. That’s why the check engine light didn’t come on and the computer couldn’t read anything. I changed the pump in my fuel pump lastnight Again thinking the old one didn’t have enough pressure (Lotta money spending) but the check engine light is still on and the car isn’t rolling over. I can hear my pump now