Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC Non Stop Tuning Underdrive Crank Pulley (1st!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sam_J84
well you dont know what i know. but w/e im not gonna argue with you. im happy with my pulley. and even if it did harm my engine, i would just put the old pulley back on and take it to scion. they wont know the difference. its that simple. all i can say is that the power gains from the pulley are very noticable.
And people like you are why the dealers give people such a hard time with warranty work. An ethics course would do you some good. I suppose you also are all for insurance fraud?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member

would it void the warrenty? i just got my Scion tC 2 weeks ago, and i'm loving it.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member

would it void the warrenty? i just got my Scion tC 2 weeks ago, and i'm loving it.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your telling me to do my homework, who the heck are you?
whatever, i think I'LL BE THE BIGGER PERSON and end this here.
"some people cant stand people who are better than them"
Old 05-28-2005, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by darkknight
They likelyhood is very high that it will cause damage to the engine, if this did occur and they see your pulley, the warranty is gone. The risk is not worth the gain,other parts such as exhaust intake should not be problematic with dealers. Listen to oldman and engifineer they know what they are talking about. And SAM you go ahead and be a bigger man and try to deal with your frustration, Ethics and behavioral complex problems ok..
Old 05-28-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

imo, this is an aftermarket part for "tuner junkies". look elsewhere for the gain. really, this is one part the dealer will fight you on. not like cai, springs, etc.,;they will make a stink about this if something goes wrong. jmo, take it for what it is worth.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is quite the contradictory statement you just made.

Why are you taking our posts like attacks. Were telling you that the part can damage your car. We are not telling you to take it off...just to be aware of all the facts the vendors may not want you to know. If you want to run it go ahead and do it..you may not have any problems, but others should be made aware of the problems they may face using that product. In my eyes, the power gains are minimal in relation to the risk of engine problems down the road.

The bottom line is that harmonic balancers are a necessity to keep an engine running preoperly. If not why would every car on the market have one. I would be willing to bet that any good engine builder would not reccomend you run any engine without a balancer.

I wish you the best in your quest for power but also be willing to admit that you dont know everything and that it would be wise to listen to others who have experience in things you dont know about. Thats why these boards are here...to share information we can all benefit from. Being stubborn and confrontational doesnt help you or anybody else here.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:43 PM

??

Old 05-28-2005, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Actually you were the one to start telling others the very same thing, which prompted my response.

ya it does slow down your alternator but you can barely notice it. the only problem you might have is if your running a high wattage sounds system. like 6000watts or something. dont listen to thses other guys that say your motor will break. they can only talk if they know from experience. The NST guys have used there own pulley's on daily drivers for years without a flaw. that should prove something.
so "engifineer" and "The Instigator" dont talk unless you've used of these pulleys.

and everything will work fine once you install one of these. nothing stops working.
If I was questioning you directly with my previous posts, I would have picked on alot more from what you said above.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only way the dealer will find out is if you they see it. but if something did happen to your engine, all you would have to do is put your old pulley back on, and they wont know the difference.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only way the dealer will find out is if you they see it. but if something did happen to your engine, all you would have to do is put your old pulley back on, and they wont know the difference.
Still not worth it IMO...best of luck to you though.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or you could spend money on a mod that doesn't take a large chance of destroying your engine and still gives you power LOL

there are many ways to make power without taking chances like that.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what about running an under drive pulley with a supercharger? would the supercharger make less boost? would you need the 9 psi pulley to compensate?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

the underdriven pulley is a bad idea for SC. i fyou wanna get a lighter crank pully with the SC get the stock sized pulley. CR-LITE i believe its on special order, unless they got some instock.