Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member

Default tC Performance Parts

I was wondering what parts yall would recommend i get to make my tC as fast as i can....but i don't want things that are crazy expensive...and im not very smart when it comes to car parts, so dont use like abbreviations lol....thanks
Old 01-16-2006, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Judging both from what I have done to my own tC, and from what my customers have bought and been happy with, I recommend the following if you are in a budget:

Cold Air Intake:

Injen Technology is by far the most popular, polished and black are both in stock and pretty inexpensive. K&N is great if you want one in blue or silver, just as good as the Injen as K&N has been around for a long time. Fujita is the new kid on the block as far as products that I sell, good stuff but too expensive if you ask me.

Headers:

Alphawerks is my best seller with Megan running a close second. Megan is the least expensive, we also sell DC Sports once in a while, it doesnt sell as well because of the price.

Exhaust Sytems:

HKS and GReddy are both great choices. HKS is an angled muffler which is either the selling point or breaking point depending on what you like. I have the HKS rear on my tC because it is hands down the best quality. Other good choices are Injen and DC Sports, or Megan Racign which is actually the only company I deal with that has a full system. Everything except Megan is rear-axle back only.

Megan Racing S-Pipe = the hot item of the moment.

Unichip:

piggy-back computer that comes with a couple maps, and is actually tuned for you depending on what other mods you have. Comes with the Turbonetics turbo if you got money to spend on forced induction.

Other mods: Nology wires, Short Shifter, Carbon hood, lowering springs. While these parts wont really make your car faster, they are mostly inexpensive (well maybe not the hood), and are all basic mods people do to their tC.

If you got more money and really want speed: I say go Turbonetics.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member

thanks alot...cud u gimme sum prices?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I'll move this to N/A as it's probably where osu will go toward price wise.... We'll help you out in there...
Old 01-16-2006, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

prices for all products named, and many more, are on my web-site,
please check out the site and feel free to browse around. You will find
a few product reviews, and you can see which items people purchase the
most. All prices inlude shipping within the 48 states and orders
can be placed directly online.

http://www.houseofscion.com/catalog

I have sold to literally dozens of people here on Scionlife.
Scionlife customers are always great!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can the unichip be tuned by a tuner? i know a guy that can tune cars really well and just wanted to know if the unichip will allow him to do the tuning..
Old 01-16-2006, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I believe the unichip isn't something you can just plug into a re-map yourself, like some of the other systems out there... I believe a unichip equipped shop setup must do it...

This is from their FAQ -

Originally Posted by Unichip FAQ
Conceptually, tuning an engine isn’t too tough. Set the air-fuel ratio to the correct value and set the timing right and the car is tuned. In execution, tuning is much more difficult.

Assuming you have the correct equipment to adequately monitor air/fuel ratio and detonation (which cost several thousand bucks all by themselves), consider trying to tune while you’re driving down the road. The Unichip contains over 53,000 points defined by rpm and throttle position that you have to tune. To do so, you have to stabilize the car at each point so you can set the air-fuel ratio and timing… pretty easy at idle throttle and idle rpm – start the car, keep your foot off of the gas, and set the values. It’s also pretty easy at redline and full throttle – mash the throttle to the floor, hold it there, and let the engine accelerate to redline and set the values while it’s there.

What about 85% throttle and 4200 rpm, and 95% throttle and 2500 rpm, or for that matter 60% throttle and 5350 rpm? How do you exactly define the required throttle position, hold the engine precisely at the desired rpm, and then set the timing and fuel? Only a quality loading Dynamometer can provide the accuracy required to tune the Unichip for your engine. It just can’t be adequately done on the road even if you have some of the correct equipment.

Why should you care about tuning accuracy? You should care because ECU modification and engine control is about more than a “big number.” It’s about a broad smooth curve producing maximum power at every point between idle and redline. It’s about no hesitations, stumbles, or misses when you stomp on the gas. It’s about not blowing up your engine because the tuning values “felt good.” It’s about not living with a check engine light and not having to pull in to the gas station every 50 miles. Performance is about precision, and nothing delivers precision like the Unichip. To use that precision, tuning must be performed by a Unichip tuning technician on a Unichip dynamometer.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unichip is apparently adjustable via PDA, through bluetooth or something.

Rip'd image from their website. http://www.unichip.us

We can adjust it anytime we want. Unichip is looking promising.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member

flinttc.....where can i find out how much shippin is for ur site?