Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Those Chips, Instant Hp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
u think it's fast? what previous cars have you owned?
Who care if his scion is GENERALLY fast or just fast for a Scion!, I mean a Supra can be considered slow compared to a Mclaren F1! you see what i'm trying to say? Not everybody mod their car so it can be the fastest in the world or street! in that case 0everybody would've gotten a something with HPs to start out with such as Camaro, Transam and etc... However, ppl don't because, theirs more considerations when purchasing a vehicle. To me, i know my Xa can never beat a Supra, NSX, MR2, etc.... but i still mod it because its just fun to play around with and feel the slightest difference! And if i have the money to back it up Screw the Warranty!! ya know what i'm saying?? Engine/drivetrain blows, I'll just buy another one and swap it in!

Therefore his scion could be fast compared to other stock scions!
Old 12-06-2004, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
Please don't give opinions if you don't have one on your scion, you know nothing of it's possibilities with our specific engine.

If your serious, my JET chip was purchased for a lil under $200 from a friend designed for the 1nz-fe. Then it was re-tuned for the added upgrades such as the corolla injectors and custom intake manifold. I believe stock it put down 4whp with I/H/E and after re-tuning put down 16whp with some added pieces AFTER they were tested on the stock ecu.

So my upgrades on stock ecu were around 120whp, then the JET chip got me around 135 but of course that was with another $200 inversted in re-tuning

If you

I have the JET
JET chips and fifty-cent RadioShack resistors(i.e. 20hp ebay mods) are two different things.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

He specifically asked for someone who installed the mod and said "yah but these cost a lot? the real ECU upgrade type deals?" and at no time is there anything said about the ebay resistors. Those have been talked about many times and we all know they are worthless. People just assume that those are what he is talking about because that is as far as their knowledge goes concerning engine upgrades for a scion.

I'm guessing most people didn't even know that JET had a specific chip upgrade on the market except for the old school peeps because I was the first one to even put it on this site.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

DAMN!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
He specifically asked for someone who installed the mod and said "yah but these cost a lot? the real ECU upgrade type deals?" and at no time is there anything said about the ebay resistors. Those have been talked about many times and we all know they are worthless. People just assume that those are what he is talking about because that is as far as their knowledge goes concerning engine upgrades for a scion.

I'm guessing most people didn't even know that JET had a specific chip upgrade on the market except for the old school peeps because I was the first one to even put it on this site.
Good for you with the JET chip, glad you can claim that you were the first one. Calm down man. I knew about the chips being out, however when I checked ebay after I read that, there was nothing but the resistors and a resistor that had a fancy abs plastic casing that was selling for 100 or so. This is what I assumed he was talking about. Not a JET chip. A JET chip is worth the investment, an ebay resistor is not.

Oh, and his post that they cost alot looks alot like a response to mahalzkita28's post. If I am wrong, I will stand corrected, but I was just trying to help someone not waste money. I was not giving just an opinon, I was giving an explaination as to what they do, and why I wouldn't buy one. I am however amazed at the animosity you have.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:39 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

It's cool man, just makes my decision to no longer help out easier to decide.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:40 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

GotSkyline, if you want a 13-14 second scion, lemme know directly.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member

how about thoses redline chips that give u 35 hp for like $50.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just buy them all...
Old 07-05-2006, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is no room for serious discussion about chips for the tC because the tC's ECU isn't bloody chip-driven.