Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Those who track their tC's...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Default Those who track their tC's...

Has anyone else had any overheating issues running the cars in the upper rpm's for more than a few seconds? The other night I was comming home and decided to give the car a spin thru about 6 miles of long sweeping turns that start pushing cars limits at 95-100 mph. I was running that speed and a little higher in the straights for 2-3 minutes. At the end of the road my overheating warning gauge came on. It was close to 50 degrees outside too. anyone else have any overheating problems like this? and btw, this road is in the middle of nowhere. I was no one on either side of the road going out of town or comming back in. I would be the only one that couldve been hurt doing this.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you shoud check your radiator fluid level, oil level, check if your sensors are giving you wrong readings,

i push my car hard on a daily basis, up and down a mtn road, been to the track a few times, and i race myself to work on my take off the line (dont ask about my stupid actions)

never experienced any over heating of such sort.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

r u auto or manual?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

auto x ocassonally never had any sort of heat prob... check your oil and radi. fulid. honestly sounds like a leak.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
you shoud check your radiator fluid level, oil level, check if your sensors are giving you wrong readings,

i push my car hard on a daily basis, up and down a mtn road, been to the track a few times, and i race myself to work on my take off the line (dont ask about my stupid actions)

never experienced any over heating of such sort.

basicly the same here i drive a total of 65 miles a day all country roads hauling butt and no issues here

and no pics in the sigs last i heared so you might want to remove that
Old 01-03-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is the reason I dont trust my Water gauge, tells you nothing at all really. I went ahead and bought an autometer water temp gauge and mounted it in the upper radiator pipe using a 1.5inch radiator adaptor. My tCs temperature floats around 80-90 degrees on a regular basis here in Miami, we have around 80 Degree temperatures most of the time. When I went to the track it was around 60 degrees up in Moroso Motorsports in West Palm Beach, went down the track a few times and the temperatures didnt even go up one bit, maybe a degree or two, but nothing noticeable. Also once did 120mph on a deserted road and temps didnt go up too much either. The hottest the car got was when I forgot to fully tighten the Radiator hose back up and temps rose insanely and everything smelled like coolant.

Does the engine bay smell like coolant? Did you check your fluid levels? Change oil every 5000 miles? I also use Redline Water Wetter to keep temps more consitant, I recommend picking one bottle up and putting it down the radiator.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Could be a loose radiator cap. Temps would bounce around with little sense to them, if that were the case.

I agree that his heating issue is more of a problem than it is the norm.