Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Those who want a supercharger by April..not gonna happen SRY

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well that sucks. Everyone should email Scion expressing their disappointment and maybe they'll do something about it.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tc808
Well that sucks. Everyone should email Scion expressing their disappointment and maybe they'll do something about it.
I think we definatly should. In fact, I am going to do it right now.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is my email through the scion website:

Firstly, I would just like to point out that I am extremely pleased with the outlook of the Scion product line, and am planning on investing in a automobile in the near future. That said, I would like to share my dissatisfaction about the handling of the supercharged version of the tC. Not only have you (Toyota/Scion) told me to wait 6 months from it's initial release date, I have just been informed that I need to wait another 8-10 months for the release of this Scion tC. As a seriously interested customer, this sort of "chain-jerking" is unfair and unbusinesslike, and some sort of definite time frame needs to be issued immediately. In 8-10 months, how many people do you expect to buy your supercharged version tC if they keep getting abused through customer relations? Not many, and as a customer, I object to such behavior. Something must be done about the supercharged tC instead of letting potential customers wonder about when it actually will be released and what they should do with their money instead of waiting around for that release.

Thank you for recieving this,
David *
Old 03-10-2005, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davo345
This is my email through the scion website:

Firstly, I would just like to point out that I am extremely pleased with the outlook of the Scion product line, and am planning on investing in a automobile in the near future. That said, I would like to share my dissatisfaction about the handling of the supercharged version of the tC. Not only have you (Toyota/Scion) told me to wait 6 months from it's initial release date, I have just been informed that I need to wait another 8-10 months for the release of this Scion tC. As a seriously interested customer, this sort of "chain-jerking" is unfair and unbusinesslike, and some sort of definite time frame needs to be issued immediately. In 8-10 months, how many people do you expect to buy your supercharged version tC if they keep getting abused through customer relations? Not many, and as a customer, I object to such behavior. Something must be done about the supercharged tC instead of letting potential customers wonder about when it actually will be released and what they should do with their money instead of waiting around for that release.

Thank you for recieving this,
David *
Haha, and here was the response I got:

Thank you for contacting Scion.

The supercharger as a bolt on to the stock engine, has experienced
issue that are regulated by powers that outside of Scion's control. We
apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haven't gotten a reply yet but even if it is a standard response, if enough people email them then they'll get the message. Oh and didn't Farley say in that interview that the sc version of the tC will be out this spring?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

screw them, I thought the supecharger was a great idea. it's One of the reasons I bought the ride in the first place. They said NOV then APR now end of year!!!! This is just another reason to turbo, like a need one any way
Old 03-11-2005, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member

Yeah, the Farley interview did say spring and it was TRD's website that said it was an April 1st release. I'm starting to wonder if this was all some sort of bad April fools day joke or if Scion and TRD are just bad at communicating.

Also is anyone sure if the 8 - 10 month wait proposed is for the aftermarket (TRD) supercharger or if they were referring to the special “limited edition supercharged tC” that will be out in 8 - 10 months.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please keep in mind that I am in no way trying to defend the actions of Scion (Toyota) concerning the SC up to this point. That being said, let me say this. I have been in the Import Industry now for almost 10 years, and this type of "we had to change the release date by x amount of months because of..." incident is not at all uncommon. Many many companies over the years, including auto makers and aftermarket manufacturers, have postponed release dates for dozens if not hundreds of items. Does this mean they are a bad company? Well sometimes, but most often not. For the sake of arguement this is not even limited to the Auto industry. How many times has a movie been given a release date, then got postponed? How about video games? Remember Halo2? Things get postponed all the time. But if that means we will see a better product, than I am all for it. As far as the representatives giving one date, then another, than a later / different one again, well they are just doing their job and most of the times are not the ones in control. I know I have to tell my customers parts are delayed all the time, for any number of legit reasons. So dont be to hard on these guys. I know I have my tC and I am bery happy, and there are 100 things I can do while I am waiting to go Turbo or SC. If having to wait for the SC to come out is going to make you start looking at other cars, then just go get another car already. Maybe the tC isnt for you. You can go get a MINI Type S right now! Of course current tC owners can look at the Turbos, like I know some of us already are. And I mean come on people, the car is still new, of course parts are gonna be slow to come out and be delayed and such. TRD and Toyota both know it wont matter if they have to delay, when it finally hits you can be sure there will be no shortage of buyers. I know no one likes to feel like they are getting jerked around, but I dont think that's what is happening here. But I guess that's just my opinion. I'm sure you will all let me know if you agree or not.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by flintTC324
I know no one likes to feel like they are getting jerked around, but I dont think that's what is happening here. But I guess that's just my opinion. I'm sure you will all let me know if you agree or not.
It is indeed what is happening here, especially for me as I had planned on dropping 20k, if not the very week the SC comes avaliable. Believe me, I was very hyped up and for Toyota/Scion to do CARB issies now, which in all reality, should have been taken care of around the time the first rescheduling occured, is just bad time management. This of course hurts customer relations.

There is no excuse for such lack of communication. I had to find out through a damn java chat, versus a big banner that should have been posted on their website explaining their situation. Such a scenario would have generated much more understanding and sympathy from me, and I would be much more willing to wait it out.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
Seven City Scions
SL Member

im not pleased at all. Scion/TRD/Toyota are going to loose money because of this..............Scion if your listening..............Give us a Official word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

"There is no excuse for such lack of communication. I had to find out through a damn java chat, versus a big banner that should have been posted on their website explaining their situation."

Right there, you are expecting too much. That (unfortunately as it may be) would never happen. Besides you were going to drop money on it, but in fact you haven't yet. So you really have nothing to complain about, IMO. Be patient. And besides we should all be anxious for an aftermarket SC, a CARB legal one from TRD? Naw I'll pass. Not even the K&N Intake or DC Headers are CARB legal. I'll take the Turbo, thanks. And again, anyone who thinks TRD or Toyota are going to lose money over this is just silly. It wont happen and they know it.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have a feeling it will be released by the NY auto show...but thats just me...
Old 03-11-2005, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok im trading my TC in for something else sorry
Old 03-11-2005, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all I can say is......April fools.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:23 AM
SL Member

Here is the e-mail I sent:

Dear Scion / Whomever It May Concern:

I have recently purchased a brand new 2005 Scion tC and have loved it thus far. I enjoy the TRD product line and the quality of their builds. One of the main reasons that I purchased this vehicle was because of the planned release of a TRD Supercharger that bolts onto the factory engine and retains the factory warranty, and ads a TRD warranty. The dealership, news reports, press releases, fliers, and all available information recently states that the supercharger will be release April 1st. My dealership confirmed this and said that there will be Toyota financing available for this item. That is all good news to me. Recently people across the boards, forums, newsletters, and rumors have been spreading information that the TRD supercharger will not be released till the end of the year. Please let me know what is going on and when I should expect this. As a customer I trusted your release date of April 1st and purchased your (Toyota/Scion) vehicle knowing that I will be able to purchase a factory supercharger soon thereafter. I hope I might the right decision. It is improper and unmoral to run a company by making false promises just so individuals purchase cars and then leave them “out in the cold”. Here is a recent conversation a fellow internet browser experienced with Scion customer service:

Please wait for a Scion Customer Advocate to respond. You are number 1 in queue.
You are now chatting with Bob
Bob: Hi Davo345
Bob: How may I help you today?
davo345: Hello. I was wondering whether or not the official release date for the supercharged tC is April 1st as the rumours dictate?
Bob: We do apologize but the estimated release date for the supercharger for the tC by TRD by the end of the year.. Right now it has been submitted for CARB approval..
davo345: End of the year?! What happened to spring summer? Around what time at the end of the year do you suspect?
Bob: It is before the end of 2005.
Bob: It is currently has been submitted for CARB approval.
davo345: I see. Are the horsepower numbers going to be around 200bhp as suspected?
Bob: Yes it is estimated that the Supercharger for the tC will be around 200 hp.
davo345: Ok, thank you. Hopefully this is the last rescheduling of its release...
Bob: No problem =).... Sorry for the delays..

(Scionlife Forums, www.scionlife.com, https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51261, March 10th, 2005)

Please respond and let me, and others, know what is going on with the supercharger and if I still will be able to purchase one on April 1st, as promised.

Thank you,
Luke Koziol
2005 Scion tC Super White
Lets see what they say in return!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:33 AM
pkg
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got off of the phone with my sales rep (ordering in 5 days!) he says that he has not heard anything about this and as far as he knows the april release is still valid
Old 03-11-2005, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by flintTC324
"There is no excuse for such lack of communication. I had to find out through a damn java chat, versus a big banner that should have been posted on their website explaining their situation."

Right there, you are expecting too much. That (unfortunately as it may be) would never happen.
I am expecting too much from a company, such as Toyota, to treat their customers with decent respect and common courtousy?

Besides you were going to drop money on it, but in fact you haven't yet. So you really have nothing to complain about, IMO.
And in fact, you don't know me, so you have NO IDEA what my intentions are. But let me just let you in on a little secret....I WAS GOING TO BUY A SC TC ON THE RELEASE WEEK.

Be patient.
Believe me, I love the car, the looks, the potential speed of the SC, they are definately trying my patience!

And besides we should all be anxious for an aftermarket SC, a CARB legal one from TRD? Naw I'll pass.
For those of us excited about the warantee of a boosted toyota engine using TRD parts, yes we are DAMN anxious.

Not even the K&N Intake or DC Headers are CARB legal. I'll take the Turbo, thanks.
There goes that kickass warranty......

And again, anyone who thinks TRD or Toyota are going to lose money over this is just silly. It wont happen and they know it.
Of course they arent going to loose money in the long run...no company as large and influencial as Toyota/Scion would. But will they loose potential customers? You betcha. They could have those who want the SC April 1st who are backing out PLUS those who want it on the release date. Which is better?
Old 03-11-2005, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh well, i gave up on the super charger. it was a total possiblity when i bought the car, but now...not worth the wait. totally not worth the money. i would expect alot higher horsepower from a supercharger that costs 1/4 the price of the car.
scion and trd are taking forever because they want it to be totally safe for the stock engine. it should have came as an option with the car when it first came out...the planned on building this car years ago, i assume. this is a joke
Old 03-11-2005, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What the hell is wrong with you guys? yeah, it's a bummer if the s/c is delayed but c'mon...as it's been said already a million times, things come up! This is the EPA's issue...not Toyota's. You try dealing with the government..

Hell, we waited over 2 extra years for friggin' GT4 to come out and it didn't even have an online option.

I use many different types of music production/recording software and there's always delays and passed deadlines. Take a look at the Pro Tools user's site and half the threads are all about whining that releases have been delayed and wer'e still waiting for upgrades.

Everything these days has to be now now now! And then you act as if Toyota owes you something. You paid $17,000 for a kick ___ car...you aren't happy with it? Then sell it and get yourself a friggin Saturn ion red line if a s/c is so important to you.

Toyota is a huge company...bigger than you can imagine. I'm sure they want to make us all happy but their priority is doing this right and by the book, not making a deadline so a bunch of impatient kids can do burnouts and drag race SRT-4's.

There's a tuning company called Cobb Tuning that makes lots of great products for the WRX and STi. When I had my WRX we had to wait what seemed like an eternity for them to release a hand-held ECU programmer (AccessPORT) and it was delayed and delayed. Then when it did come out there was such a rush it took 2-3 months to finally get it. Now there's been a huge wait for the AccessTuner street tuner package which finally came out just a week or two ago...this has been going on for years folks. And plenty of Cobb stage 2 or 2.5 owners (I was one of them) are still waiting impatiently for cobb's stage 3 to be released. Why the wait? becuase Cobb is going to make their own TMIC before they release stage 3 and these things take alot of time and money. Cobb doesn't want to throw out another TMIC like all the others out there and the R&D takes alot of time and costs alot of$$.

There was a time when bringing the STi to the US was just a dream. But we WRX owners waited and waited and begged and pleaded and we finally got the most powerful factory version of it after what seemed like forever. There were rumors, just like the rumors of the Scion DL...but we finally got what we wanted

What I'm getting at is...things like this happen all the time. Relax! besides, I guarantee you...mark my words now...I'll stake my reputation on this... after all this wait you guys will run out, get your s/c's installed and a good portion of you will be complaining that it still isn't enough. And then you can sell me your used s/c at a discount...
Old 03-11-2005, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm now debating on trying out the alpha werks manifold on going the custom route...

Quick Reply: Those who want a supercharger by April..not gonna happen SRY