Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Those who want a supercharger by April..not gonna happen SRY

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IndigoDreams
has anyone seen any of the latest tC ads in magazines????? they advertise the tC with Supercharger HAHAHAHAHHAHA funny cause u cant even buy the damn thing...wtf would they even advertise the SC to people and when someone goes to order one they have to say you have to wait another year for it...WTF so the 2007 tC's will be SCed??? that makes no sence
thats because tC with factory SC will be out in April, as said by Farley in Jan... too bad ayou kids cant read press releases properly.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
Scikotics
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by spwolf
Originally Posted by IndigoDreams
has anyone seen any of the latest tC ads in magazines????? they advertise the tC with Supercharger HAHAHAHAHHAHA funny cause u cant even buy the damn thing...wtf would they even advertise the SC to people and when someone goes to order one they have to say you have to wait another year for it...WTF so the 2007 tC's will be SCed??? that makes no sence
thats because tC with factory SC will be out in April, as said by Farley in Jan... too bad ayou kids cant read press releases properly.
i dont know if you have read this whole thread or not but the SC will not be out in April that is why everyone is so upset
too bad "ayou" cannot read a whole thread before posting
Old 03-13-2005, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Man, you guys need to just calm the F@#$ Down. Its only a Supercharger. I understand that some people feel as if they have been lied to or deceived in some way but honestly just calm down. How many times in your lives have you been made to wait. Just chalk this up as 1 more time. Patients is a virtue, and if you think that I don't want a S/C then your horribly mistaken. I had a dream about it 2 nights ago and Pat Sajak made a guest appeareance. It was a cool but wierd dream I tell you.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member

This is really ____ing me off. I bought this car with the full intention of getting the SC. I should have just stick with my honda. TRD need to get their act together. By the time it comes out, there will not be any warranty left. hmmm, is this why they are delaying the SC. Just curious how many people in here other SCION representatives feel the same way I do.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My bright side is, at least now when it does come out I will have enough money to buy it.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No one has lied to any of you. Where did it say that TRD officially would release the SC at a certain date? They only mentioned an approximate date and now that this estimate has become void, you're all complaining as if someone promised you something and didn't deliver.

It's just an option from TRD that they said would most likely be out this year. If they are not releasing it earlier, there's a reason. Why would they hold off on profit if the supercharger is done and ready to go?

So, stop whining, and calm down. It's only like 40hp anyways, nothing to die over.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WoW, everyone that has posted on here makes a very decent point as to how Toyota/Scion should have handled the situation w/ the S/C, but as Flint , Suby, and itimebomb have mentioned, just wait and see what happens come April 1st.

The emails that are being sent to Scion may or may not be doing any good unless you talk to the head person directly or send them an email directly. I know this from first hand experience, I work in a customer support department, we recieve thousands of emails all the time complaining about our system or our staff etc. These messages are being handled by someone just like you or me that's just answering your question, I can guarantee that no one with any really authority is veiwing your emails. So if you really want to be heard, either go to the dealer and speak with someone directly or call corp. office . Hell even call TRD directly and voice your complaints.

That's my 2 cents on the matter....
Old 03-14-2005, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I buy a new car every 2 to 4 years, I mod it, I drive it. One reason I got the tC was the promised of a supercharger. If I wait a year to get it that could be ½ the time I drive the car. If I wanted a car that an Oldlady’s Volvo could easily body slam I would have got a stock Corolla (even that has a performance option OR a supercharger out NOW). I wanted a car that I could buy an OEM supercharger and drive it and enjoy it, or at least evaluate the performance and maybe go for a turbo kit depending on what I liked at that second. I’m already screwed because I could not wrap the supercharger up into the loan. Now I won’t be able to have one till 1/3 of my warranty is gone, and maybe upto ½ the time I could drive and enjoy a supercharged tC which basically is doubling the cost of my mods per mile driven.

IMO Scion should either give me my money back, give me a friggen huge discount, free install and extend my warrant 1 year or offer me a supercharged Corolla right now. I purchased this car on the good faith that Toyota would honor their commitment on delivering performance parts in a timely manner. A part that is widely advertised and pictures and even allowed demo test.

I don’t buy that there is some huge surprise at EPA problems. Toyota could fix the problem in 1 WEEK if it so desired. I have no doubt Toyota could redesign, build and submit a working EPA certifiable setup in a week, I have no doubt Toyota knew there were problems with the kit last month, last year even. Toyota for some reason that is beyond me feels that they are not flushihg a huge amount of customer good will by not putting in whatever money and manpower is needed to make this happen RIGHT now.

The more sassy emails, that scion gets the more Toyota is going to understand this is not a minor problem. I for one am evaluating what I may do including: class action lawsuit, asking for ALL my money back, asking Toyota to take my car back and supply me an equivalent cost TRD supercharged Corolla, or trading my car in on a V8 Mustang or T5 S40 Volvo. IMO Toyota is asking for a class action lawsuit one they IMO will lose as a reasonable man would assume that a widely advertised part, that everyone of its dealers has indicated will be available soon probably wont be available to next year.

I could have had a Mustang v8, redline, Cobalt, V40 t5, Acura Type S or something else. If I wanted for SURE to mod a car, I may have just purchased a Ebay B18C Civic special.

I think later tonight composing a Email to Scion, not asking about the kit, but saying either buy my car back, give me a Corolla supercharger, or be prepared for a class action lawsuit. Also maybe copy the DOT, BBB, FTA, etc insisting the Toyota immediately cease its advertisement of a supercharger, that Toyota immediately send a letter to all owners stating the delay, stating what they are doing about it, apologizing for it, offering major discounts to buyers of tC for the kit or offering a check for us to buy a competitor’s forced induction car or kit.

To me this is not like other car parts, I was a sold a car that is suppose to have a dealer installed and warrantee supercharger in what can reasonably and logically assumed to be in a timely fashion so that my tC can perform comparably to many many many other cars that can be purchased with 200+ HP. Toyota IMO has not delivered on their promise AFTER I’ve given them money.

Lastly I can just see the “vaporware” advertisements that are being designed right now by the Cobalt Marketing team, you know the one with the tC guy’s doors blown off while he holds an ad for a TRD supercharger, his hair blow back and black burn marks all over his body. Then we flash to the cool guy’s voice tired of waiting for vaporware, get a Cobalt performance now, not some promise….. in fact I can see a whole spin off on the slogan “you can’t race vaporware”. How about some guys standing around a tC with the hood open then all of them sans the owner just turn away laughing, zoom into the engine compartment and the dude got a picture of the supercharger taped to the engine. Yep GM feel free to just HACK on the tC. Send me a EMAIL and I’ll be glad to supply you a quote from a dissatisfied Toyota customer, and um I’ve had Toys for 30 years.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey maybe the REAL April Fool's joke is that they're telling everyone it won't be released till the end of this year and will only be +40hp when in reality it WILL be released in April and add over 40 horses... ever thought of that? huh ? huh??
Old 03-14-2005, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. A class action lawsuit you say? Against the second largest car manufacturer in the world now? Because you bought a car too soon? Because that's their fault? Riiiiight. You saying you can sue them for not having the part on sale when ESTIMATED is like me saying I can sue you for not buying it from me when you said you would. i was promised a sale dammit! I already spent the money he said he was gonna give me!! please. "i'm gonna get my lawyers on this" is the biggest waste of breath and empty useless threat i've ever heard in my entire life. EVER! they didn't break a legally binding contract you whacko!

They haven't backed out of production, it's delayed. IF IT"S EVEN DELAYED!!! YOU ALL REALIZE YOU ARE GETTING BENT OUT OF SHAPE OVER SOMETHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET!

ha. again, wait till april then we'll see if there's anything to get bent out of shape about.

so toyota could get something through EPA testing in a week eh? i'm sure they are the only ones getting approval for a part at the moment, not to mention the vast amounts of aftermarket companies that want CARB approval or every other car manufacturer with a part/car. get real dude. i'm sure the whole testing process is just a 5 minute pass/fail thing right? yes, because some of us would rather have a conspiracy theory about toyota misleading the american public on purpose for the overall purpose of???

this has to be one of the dumbest conversations i've ever read. thanks to the people who aren't retarded. and i'm not resorting to name calling. right now to me it's fact.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I said they could design a package in a week and submit it , maybe you should learn to read. No conspiracy theory, if TRD is having problems with the package, then Toyota should stop hyping it. Their dealers should stop saying it will be ready soon. I should get a letter explaining the problem, explaining what Toyota intends to do about. It is called customer service and retaining customer loyalty and plain good will.

I said that if the supercharger is not passing XYZ, Toyota knew about it a LONG time ago AND for your information, they are breaking a contract, a verbal one uttered from just about every salesmen from every dealership, a reasonable person would assume a product due out soon, that is advertised, will be out soon, soon is not the end of the year when the average new car owner keeps his ride under 3 years, soon IMO is sub 6 months.

Say what you will, a class action lawsuit is judged by peers and this is a gen Y car, a generation characterized by short attention and instant gratification. I'm sure a jury of 12 gen Y people would consider soon to be more like the end of the week. Your so sure about the outcome of a lawsuit yet you know no details, I’m not sure of the outcome of such but I do know the supercharger is late and is getting later and yet it is still being advertised and dealers are still telling customers it will be out “soon”. A disclosure that is mandatory in any suit will show IMO that Toyota had full knowledge of any problems and potential delays but has decided to continue the hype and advertisement campaign despite the fact that no supercharger is available. Basically taking customers money and putting them in a permanent holding pattern on a partial delivery of a product. I did not just buy a tC, a purchased a tC that a supercharger would be available “soon”.

http://www.scionzone.com/html/features/reviews/tC/2004/
Here: “For those of you who are really looking for the big numbers, Scion plans on having a tC super charger available around Fall of 2004 . Look for horsepower numbers in the 200's on this Vortec / TRD dealer installable option.”
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1
Relatively good fuel efficiency is achieved using Toyota's 2.4-liter 2AZ-FE engine, the same ULEV-compliant 4-cylinder from the Toyota Camry. The engine is tuned to put out 160 bhp and seems completely understressed. It makes torque down low and pulls steadily until redline. Toyota Racing Development has announced that a supercharger kit will be available in early 2005 that, with 5 psi of boost, should produce 200 bhp.
Toyota’s own dealership:
http://www.newscionparts.com/product/?id=78
Note: This products delivery time is 10 weeks
And that is been up for at least 8 weeks.

I can go on, a reasonable person would expect the fundamental part for his performance car to be out soon, a part that 33% of tC owners say they would like to buy. A part that led to the buying decision by a whole bunch of tC owners. Toyota has my and our money, so where’s the part. Is Toyota going to extend my 100,000 mile extended warranty to cover miles after their really late part gets here? If not I’ve been damaged and by English Common Law, the system our law is based on I can now sue. If I have to sell my car now, and lose money to buy a SRT, then I’ve been damaged by the lose of money and I have grounds for a lawsuit. I would merely have to show I was purposely mislead by Toyota, and IMO if such a case goes to court, it will be shown that Toyota has a pretty good idea when this supercharger is going to be available to its customers and I bet it was before their last full page TRD tC advertisement went to print, which just came in my ricer magazine yesterday.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your argument, and your breakdown of our law system that you seem to be so affluent in (or assume to be) is still silly. It is still a conspiracy theory that you have that Toyota is purposefully misleading people that is just a guess.

You want to sue because you wanted it sooner? Are you four years old? Sometimes grownups have to wait for things, its called patience. Understanding is also a trait a rational human being should have, not jumping to assinine conclusions because you feel "hurt".

The tC was first promised to be released in June of 04, early June at that. And you know what? It got delayed. Someone died. Where was your lawsuit then?

Celica owners might as well sue Toyota for "purposefully" selling the vehicles to consumers in 2005 knowing that they would be discontinued after this model year. My car depreciated. I want to sue.

Its not like they charged you for it already and haven't gotten it, or that it just got cancelled all together. And estimating a release date is not a verbal contract. If it was I could sue everyone who's ever said they were going to buy a car and ended up not.

"Hey when's that coffee gonna be ready? I'm gonna buy a cup for it."
"5 minutes."
5 minutes later...
"Sorry we couldn't find the filters it'll be just a few more."
"I'm gonna sue you!"

You are exactly what is wrong with our abused legal system.

You're an adult and make your own decisions, deal with it, and wait. You could have waited in the first place. You weren't forced to buy the car. So go ahead and sue. I'd love to see you waste the money. But you won't. So be quiet.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope you know TRD operates independantly from Toyota. They may be owned by the same parents company TMS (Toyota Motor Sales) but TRD does NOT answer to Toyota. It is just an aftermarket brand that is by Toyota.

The Scion branch may have the biggest connection to TRD (Lexus -> L-Tuned... they won't honor TRD struts installed at our dealer... hahaha what a joke!-- we ended up giving him a set of Tokicos, Toyota has "general" parts released just to get a few more dollars) but I think Scion still would have no clue in what TRD is doing.

Submitting questions regarding the TRD supercharger kit for the 2AZ-FE / ANT10 to TRD would be more appropriate.

Dealer representatives, usually, do not really know the full story. The tuners will always have an edge because of TUNERS THAT WORK AT DEALERS. A salesman pushes to make money off comission. A parts guy is USUALLY the best person to talk to if you want info (on parts, in this case) or a technician (younger guys) to find out about future engine releases/trans releases/etc (they get training pre-release, usually).

It's nice to see a thread where everyone vents and we can gather out info and see where we really stand. So right now, we are getting 4/05 as a date from TRD and 3rd quarter 05 as a date from Scion.

TRD should be the more reliable source. My guess is that the charger will be released this April and the factory Supercharged tC will arrive this Fall... but we all have to remember that TRD doesn't update their website all too often ;-)

Just remember though... the supercharger is an addition. We can all live with or without its existance... but being jerked around by a company that established a brand (Scion) to gain customer loyalty totally goes against the parent company's principle plan... oh well... we'll just have to wait and see
Old 03-14-2005, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, I see a lot has been going on here since last week when I last posted. I found it funny that the complainers went from at least being "9 year olds" as I last said, to now being called "4 year olds" by someone else. I am not trying to troll here at all, but that was just too funny. Seriously though, this thread should be locked. Its getting ridiculous now. Just more people complaining and more people saying why they should show patience. Same stuff as last week.

Since this is the complaining thread though, I have something to complain about. I put Bomex mesh on my bumper with some Super Epoxy bond-all industrial strength liquid I bought at Home Depot. It says, "Dries fast, bonds forever". Well, its been on for over 2 weeks now, has had plenty of time to dry, was bonded in about 5 places, and this morning on my way back to L.A. from San Diego, I had a chance to hit about 100mph on the freeway. Next thing I know, I hear a rattle. When I stopped sure enough, top mesh was hanging off. So I guess it doesnt bond forever. I think it actaully said something about "like weld" on the package. Guess I should go sue them. LOL. OK guys. Enough of my ranting. Carry on please.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Our nation as a whole is WAY too sue happy, and unfortunatly we all suffer from the individuals such as yourself who abuse our right to sue. Your believe that you should be able to sue over a supercharger not being availiable is STUPID.Go ahead and waste your time and breath. I'd put money down that you wont get anything out of your lawsuit.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Out of 40 lines I said Toyota is asking for a class action lawsuit one they IMO will lose as a reasonable man would assume that a widely advertised part, that everyone of its dealers has indicated will be available soon probably wont be available to next year

And the only things you can say: “sue happy abuse blah blah,” all caned speeches little boys heard from their dads. I said Toyota is asking for a suit and that is was IMO. Learn how to read…. As obviously you have no clue on the hows and whys of legal actions, much less any idea of the likely outcome of such. As an example Nissan class action lawsuit as their leather seats were not full leather, Nissan showed that their seat is almost all leather and that the portions that were not leather were made that way to increase wear and comfort and cost Nissan even MORE then if it were “all leather”. Outcome Nissan loss and owned $$$$$ to all customers buying Z leather seats. So IMO Toyota is asking for a class action lawsuit, a 100% true and accurate statement, but thanks on the little boy lecture about the status of the American legal system, and about a lawsuit happy country and the prediction of the outcome of such. Is that IYHO?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

damn...ive never been tired out from reading before, but gheesh. its not coming...ok....wait.....for 40 horsepower and four grand.....just do a camry v6 swap. that'll get you to your 200 hp.

btw, i got to the post on page two where suby2scion started numbering his arguments.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, what you said was:

"I for one am evaluating what I may do including: class action lawsuit, asking for ALL my money back, asking Toyota to take my car back and supply me an equivalent cost TRD supercharged Corolla, or trading my car in on a V8 Mustang or T5 S40 Volvo."

I'm done with this. It's like arguing with a dumb rock.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, i thought you were smart, I guess I was wrong.^^^^^^^ Maybe you should learn how to read. You dont think we have a sue happy country? Huh.. let me see. How about the woman suing McDonald's because her hot coffee was too hot when she burned herself with it while trying to drink it while driving, or that 17 years old kids mother who sued McDonalds because after eating 5 combo meals a day there for a span of years it made her precious son fat. Ya... who would have known? I recently went to france last summer doing the whole tourist thing, and one of the places I went was a go kart track. Now here in the states I have been to one, but in order to use their karts and tracks you have to take a class for a couple of hours to learn safety and stuff like that. Then on top of the $500 you have to pay, you also have to sign waivers that you cant sue them bla bla bla. Guess what? I went to the track in France and and all I had to do was pay 10 euros for 20 laps, no class, nothing. All I had to do was pay, find a helmet that fit, and I was on the track within 1 minute. When I came back, I went back to the track I went to before, and told them about my experience in France. They said that it could be the same way here, and just as cheap if dumb a**es such as yourself didnt sue for dumb reasons. The extra cost and time of go karting here are all contributed to the steps that have to be taken to insure that the companies providing these services cannot be sued. The story you wrote about the Nissan people suing b/c their seats wern't 100% leather is the stupidest thing I have heard. Those people knew that the seats wern't 100% leather when they bought the car. There is no reason that should have won that case. Do us all a favor and sell your tC. Get that supercharged corolla. The tC was the wrong car to get if you wanted something fast.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
Scikotics
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

oldman has been known to write very long post, its crazy.
if all he wants is a car to supercharge from the factory he could have bought a corolla b/c there is a TRD supercharger for the 1.8L corolla.
I am sure toyota is doing everything possible to get the S/C out as fast as they can b/c they do want to sell them.
I think a lawsuit would be a waste of time and money and in the end would accomplish nothing

Quick Reply: Those who want a supercharger by April..not gonna happen SRY