Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Those who want a supercharger by April..not gonna happen SRY

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Guys, this is rediculous.

No court is going to hold Toyota liable for damages resulting from a delayed release. Assuming you can prove damages that is.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by neuromonic
Guys, this is rediculous.

No court is going to hold Toyota liable for damages resulting from a delayed release. Assuming you can prove damages that is.
I agree.

I don't think be can sue them at all, but we can definately let them know we are unhappy for all of the delays by contacting them via email or phone.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldman
I think later tonight composing a Email to Scion, not asking about the kit, but saying either buy my car back, give me a Corolla supercharger, or be prepared for a class action lawsuit.
yeah, i'm sure toyota will get a nice laugh out of that one.

you haven't paid for the supercharger, you just paid for the car so there is nothing you can do, no need to whine about it.

considering you'll probably make the email 20 pages long they probably won't even read it.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Obviously a lawsuit right now does not make sense as April 1st or even the beginning of the year is really still in the future. I will say what seems frivolous now may seem apparent in November.
Lawsuits, a reasonable man would expect coffee to burn you if it spilled on you, a reasonable man would expect soon to be weeks or months not year or years unless you are talking about the next ice age. I stand by what I said Toyota among a whole list of other things is setting themselves up for a class action lawsuit. Frivolous or not it will damage them, couple that to the loss of faith, good will, profit, etc I think that it would behoove Toyota to pump as much $$$$ and IQ points to fix their problem and gasp let the customer know what the situation is. Is that too much to ask?
I’ve already said we should send Email and call.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldman
Obviously a lawsuit right now does not make sense as April 1st or even the beginning of the year is really still in the future. I will say what seems frivolous now may seem apparent in November.
Lawsuits, a reasonable man would expect coffee to burn you if it spilled on you, a reasonable man would expect soon to be weeks or months not year or years unless you are talking about the next ice age. I stand by what I said Toyota among a whole list of other things is setting themselves up for a class action lawsuit. Frivolous or not it will damage them, couple that to the loss of faith, good will, profit, etc I think that it would behoove Toyota to pump as much $$$$ and IQ points to fix their problem and gasp let the customer know what the situation is. Is that too much to ask?
I’ve already said we should send Email and call.
TRD is under no obligation to supply the supercharger to anyone. For some reaon you believe that you are entitled to it. You think that a lawsuit like this will effect Toyota? Were talking about a thousand people at the very most (and I'm being generous here) backing this lawsuit, and your going up against a multi billion dollar corperation who has operations running all over the world. Your lawsuit will be a minor annoyance to them, similar to an ant crawling up your toe that gets squashed.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

5 words to clear this all up...................
Subject To Change and Availability!
Read any legal disclaimer and it's there. That prevents any type of lawsuit class action or not from ever being possibly considered. They know how to cover their backsides when it comes to this kinda stuff.

Oh and any scheduled release dates for any part or vehicle, are tentative and again back to those 5 words...
Old 03-15-2005, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Over 150 lines ago I said among other things Toyota was IMO asking to get involved in a class action lawsuit. As a reply to a posting I listed how a lawsuit could emerge and that I may indeed send my name or $50.00 that is needed by a whole group of people ____ed over something to form some as one potential option.

Now all of a sudden I'm on some sort of crazed lawsuit single handed, I had my say I'm looking at my own options and one is to go with a lawsuit if and when it comes about. I am quite familiar how big companies are, how long suits take, I dated a lawyer for 5 years, two of my best friends are lawyers. I’ve won a few lawsuits too, lost none.

Toyota via Scion via TRD is under “obligations” as you so put it by promising a delivery of an item that will allow my car to perform on par with other vehicles that I could have purchased. This obligation is IMO both legal and not in my opinion business based.

I’ve already had my say on lawsuits and it is not only I that feels TRD / Scion / Toyota is “obligated” to deliver on their commitment of a timely delivery of a supercharger. The product is being advertised, the dealer is saying soon, Scion VPs are saying soon, Scion dealers are say 10 weeks for the past 6 to 8 weeks. Etc. These statements help sway my and many other people to put down hard cash for a tC. If these statements were made by the dealer under false pretenses then they have violated the law and IMO can be subject to lawsuits and financial damages. So yes TRD et all is indeed “obligated” to the best of their ability to provided me a customer with a true and accurate assessment of when I can have their kit. Is this “obligation” a legal one? IMO yes, it sure is a business one.

How do I believe this is going to effect Toyota? Well it all depends, if this rumor is true and if this drags out till the end of this year or next year, I think it will do tremendous damage to Scion’s reputation, customer satisfaction and the like. Toyota is not like some other major companies. I believe right now today, big wheels are turning to fix this before it explodes.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Come now, once the company knows something is no longer true and that "soon" is maybe next year, it is indeed obligated to let its customers know. Toyota is indeed obligated to stop its dealers from misleading customers.

Both dealerships I went to, and three salesmen, within there fist 30 seconds they had already mentioned that “soon” there would be a supercharger for the car. No where did I hear um pending the availability subject to change you may or may not be able to get a supercharger for this car before you sell it or you don’t have a warranty.

Sure I’m a big boy, I can take that my candy ain’t gonna come today, and stuff happens, what I don’t like is Scion telling me that I can have a toy “soon” when somewhere deep in the basement of TRD something is rotten. Yes I am ____ed and I can tell I will be even more so this time next month. I’d be completely OK if I went to buy a tC and the sales guy said hey I heard we are working on a supercharger, don’t got a clue when it will come out, but hey the tC is still a nice car. That is what I call honesty and integrity. Maybe I buy, maybe not. But to hype a part that may or may not make it for a year, and there are guys waiting closing on that long a wait already. I gotta think twice about the sanity of my purchase, or the insanity of Toyota’s Scion concept.

Maybe I am in the minority, maybe not. I think there are lots of angry or soon to be very angry tC owners.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahhh just shut the hell up already ya freak!

Go buy a friggin' other car if you're so unhappy and leave it alone man. Good God get a life!!
Old 03-15-2005, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thus for going back to those 5 little words.....
There is no leagal obligation for anything due to the simple fact that those words in essence spell out that no promise gaurantee warranty or otherwise is given whatsover to the availability of any part or the like.

I am not judging anyone or calling anyone anything simply stating the fact that even though release dates have been given, they are in fact tentative. As fo a dealership telling you anything they are going to tell you what you wan't to hear because it's their job, it's how they make sales and earn their commission. It puts the food on the table for their families regardless of how ticked off it makes you in the end, and when it all comes down to it they simply point you to the proper legal disclaimer and state those 5 magic words.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I should know better by now to listen to a sales hype, even a new branded Scion salemen. The more things change the more they are still the same. OK I cave, I understand, the sales guy said.. like who is the idiot now.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, the new civic si should be out before the SC lol... Reason i stopped lookin into buying the rsx-s is because i heard the sc was comin out for the tc.. VERY DISSAPOINTING
Old 03-15-2005, 09:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont know bout you guys but for me im either gettin the ZPI 16 turbo or im going ot wait for the Greddy one and if HKS comes up with a turbo fore tc ill be getin that
Old 03-15-2005, 10:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why not scionspeed?
Old 03-15-2005, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

.... hate to say I told you so .
... just check my previous posting on this subject .
.. hope you haven't been holding your breath .

...they said 3yr designs , no re-design , new models .
SCION xB ... 2004-2006 ... R.I.P.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bLaNc0
i talked to TRD few days ago and wuz stold it will be out in a month or 2. this is a direct represntative from TRD and he told me this, so i find hard to believe that we will have to wait. so dont lose hope guys.
How high up on the food chain was this guy? Is he involved with the supercharger design on the tC or the CARB analysis?
Old 03-18-2005, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

What kind of idiot spends 16 grand on something based on what is "supposed" to be available for it in the future? hahaha Seriously, the thing could end up being the performance equivelant of a four-thousand dollar paperweight.

In fact, I'll be curious to see if the same people on this thread complaining about how long its taking toyota to develop this supercharger will be the same people complaining in a year about how the performance is too low or the price is too high or the performance is too low for the price, etc. etc. I would also be willing to bet that less than half of the people wo are so anqious to buy this supercharger are pipe-dreaming and will still be driving NA cars a year after the thing does become available.