Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

throttle delay

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member

I find it kind of funny that the drive-by-wire system in the TC is as bad as it is. In many high performance racing situations, a drive-by-wire sytem actually increases the performance of the vehicle and allows much greater adjustability. I really am curious as to why Scion didn't adjust the throttle to be more responsive than it is.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrunner192
I find it kind of funny that the drive-by-wire system in the TC is as bad as it is. In many high performance racing situations, a drive-by-wire sytem actually increases the performance of the vehicle and allows much greater adjustability. I really am curious as to why Scion didn't adjust the throttle to be more responsive than it is.
Its because a tC isnt a "high-performance" car like an M3. They use drive-by-wire to increase fuel effiency.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm i dont think it is as pessimistic as you make it out to be. But i do agree they may need to optimize it.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

you can also get a better response with a optima battery and the grounding kit it works much better
Old 07-11-2005, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hitm@n
Is there alot of different systems out like this? Which is recommended or all the they all the same sh**? I've been hearing alot about them lately. That would be great to increase response, and smooth idle.

Just say this on e-bay? Looks any good? Opinions?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
I Notice that they're going to hit you with $17 shipping, ends up being not to much of a good deal. I bought some 8' of stinger wire, some heat shrink and 8-8 Gauge terminals for about $15 at a local shop. You can do it for half the price, plus you can cut your wire to exact lengths. That ebay kit is probably a universal kit, which will probably give you more slack than what you want. just my 2 cents.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xxnighthawk36sxx
you can also get a better response with a optima battery and the grounding kit it works much better
A battery does not give you more power or anything.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by acasanova
Hmm i dont think it is as pessimistic as you make it out to be. But i do agree they may need to optimize it.
I'm not trying to seem pessimistic, I think the response is fine just needs the tuning. It's just that everyone seems to make it look like having a drive-by-wire system is worse than having a cable.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Helio: If it's not too much trouble do you think you could make a step-by-step on how to make/install a grounding kit? The throttle lag has bothered me sense the day I got my car (though I love it!). This would be a relatively simple way to get rid of the lag. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wOoOzZy
Helio: If it's not too much trouble do you think you could make a step-by-step on how to make/install a grounding kit? The throttle lag has bothered me sense the day I got my car (though I love it!). This would be a relatively simple way to get rid of the lag. Thanks.
there's one in the tech section, but i'll do one that is Tc-Specific. I'll have it up friday or saturday.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just bought the ebay kit for 13+ shipping, 33 came out the total. Ill tell you how it feels and show pics after the install.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup i noticed the delay of throttle on my car too. i thought it was the cause of the mods i have....

groundwires will help, also purchasing WEAPON-R Ignition Kit would work, or Bosch Platinum 4 spark plugs...
Old 07-12-2005, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You think home depot would have evrything i need? about how many feet should i get?
And can someone show what grounding points where used?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by acasanova
I'm not trying to seem pessimistic, I think the response is fine just needs the tuning. It's just that everyone seems to make it look like having a drive-by-wire system is worse than having a cable.
if its "fine" then y does it need tuning? I think everyone feels the lag and just hates it. If u were to race off a roll we should floor it 2.5 honks in! lol
Old 07-12-2005, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You think home depot would have evrything i need? about how many feet should i get?

LOL home depot... quote, it says "home" not "car"...

I would grab the Ignition Kit from weapon-r.... I have 2 of there products (intake, damper) and notice improvements; comvienced me enough to trust them... especially the DAMPER KIT! its the greatest perfomance item ever for the tC, PERIOD. * get the DAMPER KIT NOW! ( for those who race, not for looks)
Old 07-12-2005, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member

Default TC Throttle Delay

Anyone look at the ECU Case ground for paint or a non burnished point where the ground is attached?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this is the ground fusion grounding points and instructions that've been posted on clubsciontc. http://www.clubsciontc.com/modules.p...ewtopic&t=3691
Old 07-12-2005, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Diluvium

LOL home depot... quote, it says "home" not "car"...
you obviously have no idea about electrical work. you could build the kit for dirt cheap. given it's not going to be blingarific unless you really take your time but it'll be just as functional and 1/5th the cost.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

home depot doesnt have 8-guage or 4-gauge connectors. Ace Hardware on the other hand is golden
Old 07-12-2005, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how many feet of wire do i need? is 8 gauge enough, or should i go for 4 gauge?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by reagulator
home depot doesnt have 8-guage or 4-gauge connectors. Ace Hardware on the other hand is golden

ace sells connectors that size? i must go look this weekend.

Quick Reply: throttle delay